Horses • Felines • Guar • Bears • Camels • Wolves • Other
- The Sabre Cats of northern Tamriel are possibly even more powerful than their southern Senche cousins. They are certainly more feral and difficult to train. That didn't stop the Nords of Falkreath from breaking and training them to serve as mounts!
The Sabre Cat Mount was originally available from the Crown Store for 2,500 . It has pale fur and golden armor. This mount is not affected by Riding Skills visuals, meaning the armor cannot be hidden and there are no upgrades. Its default name is "Fangs".
Sabre Cat Frost Atronach
- A Frost Mage of Clan Direnni spent her entire life perfecting a spell to permanently summon a Frost Atronach in the shape of a Sabre Cat. (Why? Who knows? Balfiera Island is a strange place.)
The Sabre Cat Frost Atronach was available in the Crown Store as a Crown Gem exclusive for 600 Crown Gems, from December 13th, 2018 to January 2nd, 2019. Its default name is "Icicle Cat".
The Sabre Leopard is an upcoming mount. Its default name is "(?)".
- Though mystery shrouds this mount's origin, it currently serves as the preferred steed of several known Vampires. Ride these mounts with pride (and no small measure of caution).
- "As the Sub-Sapiarch of Domestic Livestock, I was assigned by Larnatille to breed an appropriate mount for our sages to ride upon when working in the field. I proudly present my result: the loyal and majestic Senche-Serval!" —Corderil of Sunhold
The Sapiarchic Senche-Serval is a mount that was available in late February of 2019 for 2,500 Crowns. Its default name is "Darling".
Scorched Alley Howler
The Scorched Alley Howler is an upcoming mount. Its default name is "(?)".
- "It is hard to start a campfire in the damps of the deep marsh, yes? Not when you have a Scorching Horse-Lizard! With one of these as your mount, you will never again have to eat cold eel stew!" —Ukaspa, Stablemaster of Lilmoth
Scorching Horse-Lizard is available from the Xanmeer Crown Crates as a Radiant Apex-level reward. Its default name is "Firebrand".
Senche of Scarlet Regret
- This ominous companion, conjured by Psijic magic in shape of a glowing Senche mount, represents for the monks of Artaeum all of the painful choices they regret having made, but which they nonetheless must ride upon into the future.
The Senche of Scarlet Regret is available in the Ouroboros Crates as a Legendary-level reward. Its default name is "Grief".
- Largest of all the furstocks, or "breeds" of Khajiit, the Senche-raht is fully intelligent, and in combat often serves simultaneously as a warrior and mount.
Senche-raht are a breed of khajiit that also serve as a mount. It is available from the Elsweyr Collector's Edition when it is purchased. Its default name is "Humongous".
- The cliffs and escarpments of east central Elsweyr are the home of the nimble and sure-footed Senche-Cougars, who prowl the rocks hunting goats and marmots. Inevitably, they've been domesticated by their feline cousins the Khajiit.
- A mount bred for bearing an armed warrior while slinking through the steamy jungles of Pellitine.
- These fierce and powerful mounts hail from the broad savannahs of Anequina.
- "More than once I have been asked, 'Ukaspa, why are your lizard-steeds shaped like mounts from other parts of Tamriel? Why aren't your so-very-handsome mounts shaped like, well, lizards?' These are good questions!" —Ukaspa of Lilmoth
Senche-Lizard Steed is available from the Xanmeer Crown Crates as a Legendary-level reward. Its default name is "Kitty Lizard".
Shadow Atronach Senche
- Summoned from Oblivion, this shadow atronach was made all the more grand by being compelled to take the form of a senche mount. It's popular amongst those who wish to move quickly and quietly through the more dangerous realms of Tamriel.
The Shadow Atronach Senche Mount is a Shadow Atronach horse available in the Flame Atronach Crown Crates as a Radiant Apex-level reward. Its default name is "Shadecaller".
- Creatures of "Shadow"—are such things possible? Or is the Shadow-Rider Senche merely a black senche-panther mount wrapped in Illusion spells? Somehow, it just seems too uncanny for that mundane explanation.
- Blending in with the shifting gray ash clouds on the slopes of Red Mountain, the Shadowghost Guar are the only known nocturnal breed of the species, and thus are rarely seen, even by the native Dark Elves.
- Shadowghost Horses are never bred, only found, and then only on misty nights when both moons are dark. Then they are summoned from behind by hooded Shadowghost Wranglers, roped and saddled and broken for riding by ordinary mortals.
- An oversized breed of black senche-panthers, the Shadowghost Senche is said by the Khajiit to be sacred -- or rather unholy -- to Namiira the Great Darkness, who sends them as mounts to bear away those who are doomed to die.
- Unlike nearly all other wolves, the Shadowghost Wolf has no pack and lives a solitary life, haunting lonely moors and wastelands, appearing only at night and rarely then. Some doubt it is a real creature of the mortal plane at all.
- Argonian heavy troops are informally known as Shellbacks—so inevitably, their heavy cavalry mounts are called Shellback Warhorses. They are among the strongest breeds known.
Shellback Warhorse is available in the Crown Store for 3,000 , and with the Murkmire DLC Collector's Edition bundle. Its default name is "Muscles".
Silver Dawn Argent Charger
- Werewolf hunting is a dirty and largely thankless business, but when a Silver Dawn member mounts their resplendent Argent Charger, they feel like the hero they really are. Sure, it's showy, but as a defender of society against the vicious, you deserve it.
The Silver Dawn Argent Charger was available in the Crown Store for 3,000 , and with the Wolfhunter Collector's Edition bundle. Its default name is "Silvercoat".
- A re-animated Skeletal Bear makes a fearsome mount, and is a favorite of northern Tamriel's necromancers.
The Skeletal Bear is available in the Reaper's Harvest Crown Crates as an Apex-level reward. Its default name is "Barebones".
- The Redguard hatred of necromancy means undead creatures are rare in Hammerfell - which will make you all the more special when you clatter in to the oasis on the back of a terrifying Skeletal Camel!
The Skeletal Camel is available in the Reaper's Harvest Crown Crates as an Apex-level reward. Its default name is "Bag-o'-Bones".
- The naked, grisly smile on the broad skull of the Skeletal Guar may be enough to send lesser opponents fleeing in terror when you ride into battle on its creaking, bony frame. The Worm Cult, of course, will just be jealous.
The Skeletal Guar is available in the Reaper's Harvest Crown Crates as an Apex-level reward. Its default name is "Grinly".
- Behold the Skeletal Horse! Mortal races are not the only creatures that can be re-animated by necromancers. The best part: no need to muck out the stable.
The Skeletal Horse is available in the Reaper's Harvest Crown Crates as an Apex-level reward. Its default name is "Calamity".
- The Skeletal Senche may be the most fearsome of all feline mounts. Expertly re-animated, even in undead form it retains all the lithe strength it possessed in life.
The Skeletal Senche is available in the Reaper's Harvest Crown Crates as an Apex-level reward. Its default name is "Kittybones".
- It's said that when King Styriche, the Vampire of Verkarth, led his Gray Host west to Bangkorai, his terrible Zombie Hussars were mounted on a great pack of Skeletal Wolves. Some escaped the massacre of the Gray Host, and survived to haunt to wastes.
The Skeletal Wolf is available in the Reaper's Harvest Crown Crates as an Apex-level reward. Its default name is "Hollow Howl".
- This colorful guar was once thought to be poisonous by many, but found to be relatively harmless by an adventuresome rider. Caution! Patience is needed to bring this obstinate mount to heed.
Skyterror Dragonslayer Horse
- Dragon Hunters, take heed! This mount has received elite training that enables it to fearlessly stand fast even in Dragon breath. Some claim that the final, secret test of these mounts is what imbues their eyes with a blue glow.
The Skyterror Dragonslayer Horse was available from the Crown Store as a crown gem exclusive for 400 Crown Gems from August 1st through August 15th, 2019. Its default name is "Sapphire".
- The Snow Bear makes a superior mount for northern climes, as it's undaunted by even the fiercest winter weather.
Snow-Blanket Sorrel Horse
- This handsome breed of horse is native to the Colovian Highlands of Cyrodiil, and is a common sight from Chorrol to Bruma. The Snow-Blanket Sorrel is known for its intelligence, high spirits
The Snow-Blanket Sorrel Horse was available in the Crown Store for 1,800 until April 4, 2019. Its default name is "Fancy".
Snowy Sabre Cat
- Of all Tamriel's great felines, the Snowy Sabre Cat is the hardiest when it comes to winter weather, barely noticing the Atmoran gales as they come howling in across the Sea of Ghosts. Riding Skill does not affect this mount's appearance.
The Snowy Sabre Cat was available in the Crown Store. Its default name is "Ivory".
- A hardy, well-rounded beast suitable for riding and simple work. Unremarkable, but dependable.
The Sorrel Horse is a brown horse mount available from for free upon reaching Level 10 via the Level Up Advisor.Its default name is "Sweetroll". This mount was originally called Common Horse before Update 6. This mount used to be sold by stablemasters for 10,000 . As of Update 17, this horse is no longer sold by Stablemasters.
Steed of the Afflicted
- Ride like the Bringer of Disease and Pestilence that you want to be! This mount features a saddle with the Peryite cult symbol upon it, giving those who spot you a chance to fear their imminent and loathsome doom.
The Steed of the Afflicted is a plague-ridden steed available as a Legendary-level reward in Baandari Pedlar Crates. Its default name is "Plaguebringer".
Storm Atronach Bear
- According to Nord legend, in his wars against the Snow Elves the might Ysgramor the Harbinger rode a Storm Atronach Bear Mount conjured for him by his personal Clever Man.
The Storm Atronach Bear is a storm atronach in the shape of a Bear mount, available as an Apex-level reward in the Storm Atronach Crown Crate. A bolt of lightning strikes it when it roars and it glows for a few seconds afterward. Its default name is "Ugly Hugs".
Storm Atronach Camel
- The Altmer wizard Corvus Direnni astounded High King Ar-Azal of Hammerfell by conjuring a Storm Atronach that assumed the form of a horse—but when Ar-Azal tried to stump him by commanding he summon a Storm Atronach Camel, Corvus Direnni instantly did so!
Storm Atronach Guar
- By modifying Koron's Peremptory Summons, the standard spell used to call atronachs from Oblivion, the conjurer can compel a Daedra to assume the form of a common Tamrielic mount - even a Guar, if so desired!
The Storm Atronach Guar is a storm atronach in the shape of a Guar mount, available as an Apex-level reward in the Storm Atronach Crown Crate. A bolt of lightning strikes it when it roars and it glows for a few seconds afterward. Its default name is "Bouldergrin".
Storm Atronach Horse
- Summoned from the plane of Levinace, the Storm Atronach Horse is a Daedric mount of majesty and terror, ready to appear in Tamriel whenever called to your service.
The Storm Atronach Horse is a storm atronach in the shape of a horse mount, available as an Apex-level reward in the Storm Atronach Crown Crate. Its default name is "Shockpony".
Storm Atronach Senche
- It is said that the great conjurer Corvus Direnni was the first to compel a Storm Atronach to assume the form of a great cat, and shocked all Balfiera Island by riding around its shores on a crackling Storm Atronach Senche!
The Storm Atronach Senche is a storm atronach in the shape of a Senche mount, available as an Apex-level reward in the Storm Atronach Crown Crate. Its default name is "Zapkitty". A bolt of lightning strikes it when it roars and it glows for a few seconds afterward.
Storm Atronach Wolf
- The Storm Atronach Wolf was the favored mount of the notorious Hjeimar the Heinous, a wizard who lived in a remote tower north of Bruma, who rode his when leading his Goblin Fiends in raids on the nearby valleys.
The Storm Atronach Wolf is a storm atronach in the shape of a wolf mount, available as an Apex-level reward in the Storm Atronach Crown Crate. A bolt of lightning strikes it when it roars and it glows for a few seconds afterward. Its default name is "Squall".
- A semi-domesticated version of the wild senche-tiger, this distant relative of the Khajiit has been bred for size and manageability.
Sunspire Champion Senche-Lion
- Those skilled enough to overcome Sunspire can earn a special variant of the Sunspire Ice-Fire Senche-Lion. With golden armor and gear, this mount shines, reflecting your own adventuring glory.
Sunspire Champion Senche-Lion is acquired by completing the "Sunspire Dragonbreak" achievement, one of the most difficult achievements in the game. Its default name is "Iceblaze".
- The rare Sweetroll Grizzly Bears prowl the golden forests of the Rift on the northern slopes of the Jerall Mountains. They're big strong cuddly hug machines—except when they're angry.