|This page is currently being rewritten as part of the Online Quest Project.
The page is being both written and checked. All users are welcome to make changes to the page. If you make a change that is relevant to the project, please update this template accordingly, and make sure you have observed the project guidelines.
|This quest is only available during the Midyear Mayhem event|
- Talk to Predicant Maera at your alliance's border gate garrison.
- Activate the Basin of the Gore Virtuous.
- Return to Predicant Maera.
Starting the Event
You first need to acquire the free Details on the Midyear Mayhem from the Crown Store. Read the scroll, found in your inventory in the Miscellaneous section (on PC) or the Supplies section (on console), to start the quest:
- Hearken to the heart of Tamriel - the faithful of St. Alessia have returned! Our Imperial blood runs true, yet we have seen the tide turn in favor of your Alliance. Please accept our supplication, and our blessings, at your gate to Cyrodiil!
- "Sacerdote Aloisia can sound a bit overzealous in her sermons, but those who listen are inspired without fail. Are you also looking to receive the Blessing of the Whitestrake?"
- Is that what this crowd is doing?
- "Indeed! Shortly after we parleyed with your commander, Her Reverence began giving her blessings. It's quite popular! All the soldiers want double rewards for their efforts on the battlefield."
- What are you offering, exactly?
You can also skip the Crown Store scroll and go directly to Predicant Maera at the Border Gate:
- "Ah, another brave soul seeking the Blessing of the Whitestrake! Though I am not as knowledgeable as Sacerdote Aloisia, I do know the account of Pelinal's Midyear Massacre by heart.
- Is that what this crowd is about?
- "Indeed! Shortly after we parleyed with your commander, Her Reverence began administering her blessings. It's quite popular! All the soldiers want double rewards for their efforts on the battlefield."
- Tell me more about this celebration.
After further inquiring into the celebration, the quest will advance, and she will continue:
- "It's Pelinal's Midyear Massacre, celebrated by Imperials since … well, since the fall of the Ayleids! We remember the Whitestrake's slaughter of Elves at Heldon Bridge, the key to capturing the Imperial City—before it was Imperial, mind you."
- What are you offering, exactly?
- "If you know the legend of Pelinal Whitestrake and Saint Alessia, you are on the path to understanding. If not, well … those who accept the blessing are renowned for their brave deeds in days thereafter. Surely that's something your people value?"
- And what do I do to participate?
- "Holy writ states that at the battle of Heldon, fierce Pelinal's face and hair were covered in the blood of righteously slaughtered Ayleids. Anoint yourself likewise in honor of his prowess, and return to me."
At this point, you can question her more on Pelinal and the priests of St. Alessia:
- Tell me about Pelinal Whitestrake.
- "He was the firebrand who led the fight for freedom against our brutal taskmasters, the Ayleids. We hold that his actions were divinely inspired. The Bridge of Heldon was one of his many victories, unifying the tribes of Men against the Elves."
- What happened at the Bridge of Heldon?
- "The Elves sought to blockade the northern bridge, driving back Nords sent to reinforce St. Alessia's army. The Whitestrake, ever eager for Elven blood, assaulted their lines and slew them, every one, before the Nords could even ready their arms."
- Who is St. Alessia?
- "Once a slave, the Dragon God himself inspired her to rise up and rally the Men of Cyrodiil to overthrow their Ayleid masters. Pelinal and Morihaus were her trusted confidants, and, depending on the translations, either or both were her lovers."
- Who are the priests of St. Alessia?
- "Once we preached Alessia's truth in the Temple District of the Imperial City, before its siege and sacking by Molag Bal. Many fell, but many fled, to carry on our work outside the city walls."
- If you're Imperial, why did the garrison let you in?
- "We made an arrangement with the general: in return for the garrison's protection, we would bestow blessings on any of your alliance who for them. A few of us were taken into custody as a precaution, but I'm assured they're being well treated."
Once you have finished talking with Predicant Maera, locate the nearby Basin of the Gore Virtuous and activate it to participate in the ritual, then return to Predicant Maera again.
- "So … how was it? Speak! Do you feel invigorated? Imbued with righteous power? Or perhaps struck dumb with awe by a vision of St. Alessia herself? Go ahead—reveal to all your holy transmogrification!"
- Nothing's happened so far.
- "Oh! Well, everyone's experience is different, to be sure. But don't let that keep you from getting out there and making a legend for yourself. The Whitestrake will walk in your steps and goad you to righteous fury!"
You will then receive the Scroll of Pelinal's Ferocity, a reusable item which doubles Alliance Points gained for two hours, as well as a Pelinal's Midyear Boon Box. If you lose the scroll, you can buy another one from Predicant Maera for 100 or 100 . Additional boon boxes can be earned from Rewards for the Worthy, Alliance War Missions, and Battlegrounds Quests.
Pelinal's Midyear Boon Box
A Pelinal's Midyear Boon Box will be given to you for completing the quest. Additionally boxes can be earnt by completing Alliance War, Cyrodiil Settlement and Battlegrounds quests while under the influence of the Scroll of Pelinal's Ferocity during the event. The first box opened each day per account will contain one Standard-Bearer's Proof.[verification needed — see ]
See here for the items contained in theses boxes.
- Details on the Midyear Mayhem can also be found pinned to a post or wall at your alliance's secondary border gate garrison, allowing you to start the quest from there if that is where you arrive in Cyrodiil.
- Despite being able to start this quest below level 10, the quest cannot progress until level 10 is reached, which is the level at which Cyrodiil can be accessed.
|Finishes Quest||Journal Entry|
|I should look for priests somewhere in the gate garrison of my alliance and ask what this holiday is about.
Objective: Find Predicant Maera at the Alliance Gate in Cyrodiil
|I've met Predicant Maera, a priest of St. Alessia from the Imperial City. She'd like to tell me about what they are celebrating and why; I should speak to her.
Objective: Talk to Predicant Maera
|Predicant Maera told me a bit about the holiday celebrating a pivotal battle of Pelinal Whitestrake against the Ayleids. She said the next step would be to symbolically follow his footsteps by coating my head with blood.
Objective: Use the Basin of the Gore Virtuous
|Now that I've participated in the ritual part of the holiday, I should speak to Predicant Maera and see what's next.
Objective: Talk to Predicant Maera