Thieves Troves are small wooden containers marked with the Thieves Guild symbol that can be found across Tamriel. They have a distinctive blue glow and often contain valuable items. The troves cannot be opened unless you have the ability to learn the Finders Keepers passive in the Thieves Guild skill tree, which requires ownership of the Thieves Guild DLC (see notes).
- 1 Gameplay
- 2 Locations
- 2.1 Auridon
- 2.2 Alik'r Desert
- 2.3 Bal Foyen
- 2.4 Betnikh
- 2.5 Bleakrock
- 2.6 Bangkorai
- 2.7 Craglorn
- 2.8 Deshaan
- 2.9 Eastmarch
- 2.10 Grahtwood
- 2.11 Glenumbra
- 2.12 Greenshade
- 2.13 Khenarthi's Roost
- 2.14 Malabal Tor
- 2.15 Reaper's March
- 2.16 Rivenspire
- 2.17 Shadowfen
- 2.18 Stonefalls
- 2.19 Stormhaven
- 2.20 Stros M'Kai
- 2.21 The Rift
- 3 DLC Zones
- 4 Notes
Thieves Troves often contain a leveled amount of gold, some lockpicks and a rare item. All the items are marked as stolen, and will have to be laundered at a fence before they can be traded. Troves are also marked as owned, and thus players should ensure they are completely hidden before stealing from one.
The rare items found in troves include:
- Treasure maps
- Large Stolen Shipment crates, which give 10 contraband items when opened.
- Edicts that remove bounty and heat
- Set pieces from the zone's overland sets.
- Multiple samples of Roguish Escape Draught and Roguish Stealth Draught
- Fine Chalk and Coarse Chalk
- On Vvardenfell, troves may contain motif pages and style materials for Hlaalu, Redoran, and Telvanni styles.
As of Update 12, you have better chances of getting more useful items from Thieves Troves as your rank in the Thieves Guild increases.
|This page or section is incomplete. You can help by adding to it.
For more information, see the help files, the style guide, and this article's .
Thieves Troves may be found in the following locations:
- On a pier near the College Wayshrine (near the )
- Eastshore Islets Camp, in a boat.
- Glister Vale – (x2)
- South of Buraniim Isle
- Vulkhel Guard – next to the noblewoman painting.
- On outskirts of Vulkhel Guard, to the north.
- Western outskirts of Vulkhel Guard.
- West of The Banished Cells entrance.
- The Talon's Grasp, lower level (North Beacon).
- On The Tribunal's Spear, the quest-related ship in Quendeluun, lower level.
- In Wansalen
- West of Toothmaul Gully
- Northwest of Calambar Dolmen
- Southeast of Vafe Dolmen, due north of Nestmother's Den, next to the lorebook The Lay of Firsthold.
- At the Lesser Circle
- South of Myrkwasa Dolmen
- East of the Lost Caravan
- At Lost Caravan
- Near Na-Totambu's Landing
- At Ragnthar
- At Leki's Blade
- At Tava's Blessing, outside the building containing the Skyshard.
- North of Divad's Chagrin Mine Wayshrine
- At the northern end of Motalion Necropolis
- At the other end of Motalion Necropolis
- At the Hag Camp
- In a building at the Kulati Mines
- At the Tears of the Dishonored
- At Yldzuun
- At Ancestor's Landing
Bloodthorn Cave - Right next to the firepit on the coast
- Bleakrock Wayshrine - below the bridge near the guild trader Inishez
- In Bleakrock Village - Behind Halmaera's House
- In Bleakrock Village - In boat that transports to Deshaan
- Near Paddlefloe Fishing Camp - Across from the island towards the building, under a tree
- Bleakrock Village lighthouse – behind a tent
- North of Bleakrock Village, behind a tree
- Frostedge Camp
- Outside Deathclaw's Lair
- North end of island – north of Hunter's Camp, west of Orkey's Hollow
- In Hozzin's Folly, behind one of the buildings.
- Southwest of Basking Grounds, near the lorebook Song of the Askelde Men
- On the island in Halcyon Lake, northeast of the entrance to Bisnensel
- Northeast of Troll's Toothpick Wayshrine, next to lorebook A Life Barbaric and Brutal
- Outside the Armor gate of Evermore, by a tree next to the righthand side of the bridge if you're facing east.
- Camp Merciful Reduction, Deshaan
- Southwest of the Obsidian Gorge Wayshrine, west of Old Ida's Cottage, on a ledge (where Aralyon the Scholar is located).
- Southeast of Redolent Loam Dolmen, on an island where the lorebook Dark Ruins is located.
- In Malak's Maw, northern side of "Northern Supply Shack" (quest objective in "Oath Breaker."
- In Mournhold, inside the boat near the one going to Shad Astula.
- Slightly northwest of Ghost Snake Vale Wayshrine, near the bridge crossing the river.
- Behind a grouo of tents, Tal'Deic Fortress.
- Also in Tal'Deic - Behind the new retailer's tent, between three tree trunks.
- The Hotspur – located above the captain's bed
- The Spearhead – in Kaleen's store room next to a wardrobe
- Eagle Brook – on the docks
- Near Baelborne Rock Wayshrine – follow the river south, it should be under the bridge
- In Woodhearth, southern end of The Prowler.
- Tower Rocks Vale, slightly north of map marker
- Inside building where Wilderking resides,
- Near Gathongor's Mire,
- North of Marbruk, near entrance to the Old Merchant
- Verrant Morass, due south of where Servant of Naemon can be found.
- Due north of Laughing Moons Plantation, towards Mistral
- In the broken ship west of Bolga's Hunting Camp.
- Southwest of the Windcatcher Plantation in the Crosstree bandit's camp.
- North of the big sea viper ship (west of the Temple of the Dark Moon) near the campfire.
- South of the Temple of Two-Moons Dance in the camp.
- West of the sergeant's camp, on the beach
- West of Speckled Shell Plantation under the bridge.
- North of Temple of the Mourning Springs in the Crosstree bandit's camp.
- North of Temple of the Crescent Moons, in a tent.
- Outside Crimson Cove
- Inside broken ship northwest of Ogrim's Yawn
- In small cave southeast of Tomb of the Apostates, near the lorebook A Nereid Stole My Husband
While leaving the South entrance/exit of Rawl'kha, it is under the small bridge.
- Alten Corimont: At the Ordinator's Revenge, next to the lorebook The Voyages of Il-Am-Hakim
- Hei-Halai, (x2) – both inside the cave there.
- The Vile Pavilion
- Ash Mountain – On the southeast side of the bridge to Othrenis Wayshrine, on a ledge.
- North of Cave of Memories (on a ledge in the passageway above the western entrance to Lukiul Uxith.)
- Daen Seeth Dolmen – Behind the tent to the east of the Chains
- Davenas Farm
- Davon's Watch – Lower deck of The Rusty Argonian Blade.
- Fort Arand – behind main building.
- Fort Arand – Southeast corner (Near the cliff wall).
- Fort Arand – Eastern most side in the fort behind a tree.
- Greymist Falls – on the other side to where the note is located.
- Heimlyn Keep – Left wall of Beron Telvanni's House
- Hrogar's Hold – North behind the hold 23434
- Hrogar's Hold Wayshrine – Just south of the shrine under the wooden ramp
- East of Kragenmoor – found by following wall east from city.
- Lukiul Uxith – behind Nojaxia's Hut
- Northeast of Magmaflow Overlook - near the magma pool
- The Matron's Clutch.
- Othrenis, in southernmost part (next to the lorebook Ancestors and the Dunmer).
- Sathram Plantation – top floor of building with cellar in it.
- Sathram Plantation – Inside of the building to the southwest with Ra-shadda
- Sathram Plantation – Northeastern building in the back behind a large crate
- Senie - inside one of the buildings
- Shipwreck Strand – Eastern side. In the small tide pool
- Between Shipwreck Strand and Still-water's Camp - On the cliff overlooking shoreline
- Starved Plain – Western area, at the Daedric ruin. It is directly behind the altar on the downside of the hill behind a rock.
- Steamlake Encampment
- Sulfur Pools – Under a wooden platform.
- Supernal Dreamers Camp
- West of Bonesnap Ruins Wayshrine
- East of Fisherman's Island, next to the lorebook On the Detachment of the Sheath
- At Norvulk Ruins
- In the southern part of Shinji's Scarp
- Along the path following northwest from Wayrest (next to the lorebook Ancient Scrolls of the Dwemer V).
- North of the Supernal Dreamer's Camp.
- At Pariah Abbey
- Inside Sheogorath's Shrine
- At Pariah Catacombs
- North of the Spider Nest, up the stairs.
- East of Manteau Manor, under a bridge.
Helane's ship (near the lockbox with keys for quest)
- Northeast of Ragged Hills Dolmen
- Honeystrand Hill
- Inside the Mill, Frostmoon Farmstead.
- At Smokefrost Peaks Dolmen
- East of Gold Coast Wayshrine.
- In the building at Louna's Farmhouse
- Due north of Castellan's House, Kvatch, on a ledge next to the moat.
- East of Ko Estaran
- East of Ko Estaran.
- Southeast of Zeht's Displeasure Wayshrine
- Due west and slightly north of Zeht's Displeasure Wayshrine
- Due west of Thieves Den entrance.
- At The Lost Pavilion
- South of Prince's Gate
- South of the Placations of Zeht
- West of Prince Hew's Shuttered Tomb
- West of Tava's Beak
- East of No Shira Citadel
- Inside No Shira Citadel
- North of No Shira Citadel
- Northwest of Forebear's Junction
- Southwest of No Shira Citadel
- On the western side of the entrance to Sulima Mansion
- In the courtyard of Lady Balina's Mansion
- Inside Sulima Mansion
- Sulima Mansion courtyard
- East of the Promenade
- Due east of The Dreamstride
- In the Mages Guild.
- At Ald'ruhn
- West of Ald'ruhn Wayshrine
- South of Alas Ancestral Tomb
- NE of Anudnabia (west of Omaren Ancestral Tomb)
- Northern end of Balmora.
- NE of Dubdil Alar Tower
- East of Ebernanit
- East of Esutanamus
- At Falasmaryon (Forgotten Wastes)
- East of Gnisis
- North of Halls of Fabrication
- North from Heran Ancestral Tomb
- South of Hlormaren Stronghold
- Just outside Mistress Dren's Residence
- At Mzanchend
- At Neramo Ancestral Tomb
- South of Redoran Garrison
- At the Ropefish camp west of Tel Aruhn.
- West of Sandas Ancestral Tomb (roughly NW of Suran)
- In Seyda Neen
- East and slightly north of Vassamsi Mine
- NE of Velas Ancestral Tomb
- South from path leading east from Vivec City
- At Yasammidan, on the shoreline.
- At Zergonipal
- North along the road from the North Gate of Orsinium, behind the stone fence on the right side of the road just after the road to Shatul Range branches off.
- In Frostbreak Fortress, on the southern side, next to campfire. (Due west of "East Tower" objective)
- Sorrow - just south of southernmost "bend" in pathway.
- At Torug's Arch.
- Just south of entrance to Evergloam
- The Finders Keepers skill's role is to allow you to continue to open Thieves Troves if your ESO Plus membership ends and you lose access to the DLC. Having ESO Plus active or owning the DLC outright is all you need otherwise as the skill is given to you upon opening your first trove (or starting the DLC's questline).
- Troves spawn in fixed locations in the world. If one is missing it may have been recently looted and will respawn over time.
- Troves can also be found in Coldharbour, even though the justice system is not enabled there.