Horses • Felines • Guar • Bears • Camels • Wolves • Other
Wolves can howl, and you pump your fist in the air as it does so.
Adamant Dwarven Wolf
- The shining metal known as Dwarven Adamant is an alloy melding ores of unknown origin into the most durable material ever made. Though found in parts of the ultra-rare Adamant Dwarven Wolf, the secret of its forging seems as lost as the Dwemer themselves.
Adamant Dwarven Wolf is an upcoming mount. Its default name is "Gruffgears".
Baandari Pedlar Brindle Wolf
- The Baandari Pedlars find the keen sense of smell that their wolf mounts possess to be a useful source of extra profit. They sometimes offer their services as trackers, but only if other profit is not at hand!
- This appears to be a reanimated undead corpse of a wolf mount that was burned to death in some horrific event, and has returned hell-bent on vengeance. An intimidating ride, for sure!
The Cinder Wolf is a fiery skeletal wolf available in the Reaper's Harvest Crown Crates as a hidden Apex-level reward. Its default name is "Old Char".
Cold-Flame Atronach Wolf
- After years of conjuring, Peregrine Direnni sought a new Daedra to compel to be her mount. She took an immediate liking to the Cold-Flame Atronach, found in the Daedric realm of Takubar. Summoning it in the form of a wolf just added extra flair.
The Cold-Flame Atronach Wolf is a blue Flame Atronach wolf available in the Flame Atronach Crown Crates as a Radiant Apex-level reward. Its default name is "Blueflame".
Dark Aeon Wolf
- The corrupting presence of Dark Aeon can twist the local wildlife, such as this wolf, into crystalline creatures. Green tendrils accompany you as you race on its back, providing you both with an otherworldly presence.
- Bred for size and savagery from the fierce timber wolves of the southern Jerall Mountains, the Doom Wolf has been adopted as the mount of choice by the secretive and deadly Dark Brotherhood.
The Doom Wolf is a black wolf with glowing red eyes previously available in the Crown Store for 2,500 . Its default name is "Nightfur". It makes a distorted sound when howling.
A promotional code for the Doom Wolf was included with purchases of The Fall of the Dark Brotherhood story for The Elder Scrolls: Legends, although it only works for PC/Mac. As of 3/8/2019, it is no longer possible to get a Doom Wolf promo code from a Legends purchase.
- Ancient legends from the time of the Dragon Wars tell of Dragon Knights riding into battle mounted on colossal flaming wolves. Were they wolf mounts mystically imbued with Dragonfire? Flame Atronachs conjured in the form of wolves? No one knows.
Dragonscale Barded Wolf
- "I had always thought the Helkarn Wolf to be Elsweyr's finest Wolf mount, but that was before I saw a cavalry Wolf in Dragonscale Bard. Could a mount look any more martial?" — Master Groom Zarbi'dahuz
Dragonscale Storm Wolf
- "I would speculate that the Storm Wolf is the result of an experiment by a powerful Destruction mage in which a wild canine was subjected to prolonged exposure to a Meip Glyph of Shock." —Gabrielle Benele, Wizard
- Dwarven Wolves, or Lupine Vamidiums, are most often seen in proximity to Dwemer ruins of northern and western Skyrim, where wolves are most common in the wild. Its loping gait is said to give the most comfortable ride of any mechanical mount.
Ebon Dwarven Wolf
- "There is no evidence that the Dwemer kept dogs, or pets of any other kind, for that matter, but like their neighbors the Nords they did seem to have some affection for the Wolves of northern Tamriel. One sees this in their mounts." —Thelwe Ghelein
Ebon Dwarven Wolf is an upcoming mount. Its default name is "Blackwolf".
Flame Atronach Wolf
- "An oversized Flame Atronach Wolf makes for an impressive mount," wrote arch-conjurer Corvus Direnni, "but it's inconvenient to house such a steed in flammable stables. When I'm not riding mine, I temporarily lodge it in a pocket realm Adjacent Place."
Frost Atronach Wolf
- The Sacred Wolf was one of the most revered Atmoran animal totems, associated by later Nords with the goddess Mara. The great Frostbane Wolf is therefore one of the most iconic mounts of the ancient Nords.
Glenumbra Border Wolf
- Though in coloration the Glenumbra Border Wolf resembles certain Breton dog breeds, this sturdy and stoic mount is no dog, and will carry a High Rock courier for leagues through dark night and heavy weather.
The Glenumbra Border Wolf is an upcoming mount. Its default name is "Moor-Rover".
- The uncanny Gloam Wolf hails from the Oblivion plane of the Daedric Prince Nocturnal. Sometimes, the Night Mistress will reward a loyal Tamrielic worshiper with a Gloam Wolf Mount sent permanently to Nirn.
The Gloam Wolf was be available during ESO's 2019 Anniversary Jubilee, from April 25th through May 9th as a Crown Gem exclusive. It resembles a Gloam Wolf, seen in service to the Daedric Prince Nocturnal. Its default name is "Blackshadow".
Gorne Striped Wolf
- The Isle of Gorne off the east coast of Morrowind is home to many strange creatures found nowhere else in Tamriel. One of these is the giant Striped Wolf, packs of which terrorized the island's settlers till they were suppressed in the Troubled House Hunt.
The Gorne Striped Wolf Mount is available in the Dwarven Crown Crates as a Legendary-level reward. Its default name is "Loper".
- Hailing from the heart of Elsweyr, these striped mounts are known for their gentle and trusting natures. Once they found them incompetent as watchdogs, the villagers of Helkarn bred them to mountable size.
The Helkarn Wolf is a white wolf with black and brown stripes that was datamined in Patch 3.2.0. It's default name is "Happy-Pant".
- The brown Highland Wolf is common in the Colovian hills and in Cyrodiil's Great Forest, where wild packs are feared by farmers and shepherds. But foresters have domesticated the beasts and, bred for size, use them as mounts.
Hollowjack Daedra-Skull Wolf
- Conventional wisdom holds that these bizarre and eerie Skull mounts are just riding wolves imbued with a haunting illusory appearance—but some whisper that they aren't from Tamriel at all, but summoned from the Hollowjack half-world or demi-plane.
Hollowjack Rider Wolf
- Night winds whisper through the Hollow
And the darknight-wolf pack prowls
Then your wolf-mount turns to follow
And you ride headless as it howls
- The Ice Wolf of the far north can grow to tremendous size - which is probably why the Nords of Hjaalmarch decided to ride them. Domesticating giant Ice Wolves wasn't an easy task, but it's just the kind of challenge a Nord loves.
- In the valley of the Karth, the Reach clans have domesticated the fierce ice wolves, which they have bred for size and endurance to serve as mounts. A raiding party of Reach warriors riding Karthwolf Chargers is a fearsome sight indeed.
The Karthwolf Charger was previously available in the Crown Store for 2,200 . Its default name is "Ice Loper".
- "You might think Mind-Shriven Wolves are fragile beasts, but their environment has instilled within them a hidden strength. "—Warlock Aldaale
New Moon Wolf
- "Of all the wolves one could ride through gloom, this one is the best. Of course, if you're not the one riding it, watch out. You might be its prey."—Jonnet of the Sunwalkers
Night Frost Atronach Steed
- This chilling steed was created from a Frost Atronach that was conjured into the shape of a horse. Perfect for an adventurer visiting a warmer climate, this steed can help you stay cool even in extreme temperatures.
The Night Frost Atronach Steed is a Frost Atronach horse available in the Flame Atronach Crown Crates as a Radiant Apex-level reward. Its default name is "Winter".
Oak-Ember Forge Wolf
- A young blacksmith raised a foundling wolf decades ago, thus training the first of the Oak-Ember Forge Wolves as a steed. With its unusual fur pattern, you're sure to make an impression on those around you.
The Oak-Ember Forge Wolf is an upcoming mount. Its default name is "Fireplume".
Packlord Nightmare Wolf
- Lord of the Nightmare Pack, this night-black Wolf mount has burning paws and flames hissing from its face and tail; can anyone doubt that its origin must be Mehrunes Dagon's plane of the Deadlands?
This mount was available in the Crown Store for 3000 between September 27 and October 1 of 2018. Its default name is "Howlfire".
- In the rugged badlands of central Hammerfell, even camels struggle to maneuver across the broken terrain. But wolves can go where even camels cannot, so the roving Redguards of the canyon lands have bred the local Painted Wolves into sure-footed mounts.
The Painted Wolf was available in the crown store from July 26 to July 30, 2018. Its default name is "Spots".
Phantom Ice Wolf
- This magical mount was created to provide Psijic Monks with a reliable conjured ride when going to and from the courts of rulers in northern Tamriel. Psijics have little use for such a creature on Artaeum, but summon them out of admiration and affection.
The Phantom Ice Wolf is a ghostly wolf available in the Psijic Vault Crown Crates as a hidden Apex-level reward. Its default name is "Glacier".
Psijic Wolf Exemplar
- To gaze into the eyes of the Wolf Exemplar is to look into the eyes of every wolf back to the Dawn Era, when the tribes of mortals still huddled around their campfires at night, staring at the glowing eyes of the wolves prowling around the perimeters.
The Psijic Wolf Exemplar is a yellow ghostly wolf available in the Psijic Vault Crown Crates as an Apex-level reward. Its default name is "Purewolf".
Red Pit Wolf
- Pit Wolves are so called because they were bred by the Reachmen as fierce pit fighters, often matched against bears or bristlebacks. In order to make his guards more impressive, the Tyrant of Markarth was the first to have Red Pits trained as mounts.
Rimmen Ringtailed Wolf
- When Imperials of Akaviri descent settled in and around Rimmen toward the end of the Potentate, something about these local Ringtailed Wolves found favor with them, and they domesticated and bred them into distinctive mounts.
Rimmen Ringtailed Wolf is an upcoming mount. Its default name is "Longloper".
- Though mystery shrouds this mount's origin, it currently serves as the preferred steed of several known Vampires. Ride these mounts with pride (and no small measure of caution).
Scorched Alley Howler
The Scorched Alley Howler is an upcoming mount. Its default name is "(?)".
- Unlike nearly all other wolves, the Shadowghost Wolf has no pack and lives a solitary life, haunting lonely moors and wastelands, appearing only at night and rarely then. Some doubt it is a real creature of the mortal plane at all.
- It's said that when King Styriche, the Vampire of Verkarth, led his Gray Host west to Bangkorai, his terrible Zombie Hussars were mounted on a great pack of Skeletal Wolves. Some escaped the massacre of the Gray Host, and survived to haunt to wastes.
The Skeletal Wolf is available in the Reaper's Harvest Crown Crates as an Apex-level reward. Its default name is "Hollow Howl".
Storm Atronach Wolf
- The Storm Atronach Wolf was the favored mount of the notorious Hjeimar the Heinous, a wizard who lived in a remote tower north of Bruma, who rode his when leading his Goblin Fiends in raids on the nearby valleys.
The Storm Atronach Wolf is a storm atronach in the shape of a wolf mount, available as an Apex-level reward in the Storm Atronach Crown Crate. A bolt of lightning strikes it when it roars and it glows for a few seconds afterward. Its default name is "Squall".
- "Nothing says 'Back off!' like riding into town on a mount so seething with poison that it glows in the dark. When one comes from a place as bizarre as Black Marsh, one really has to go over the top to be impressive." —Ukaspa of Lilmoth
Venomous Wolf-Lizard is available from the Xanmeer Crown Crates as a Radiant Apex-level reward. Its default name is "Nightlight".
Vitrine Dwarven Wolf
- Of all known Dwarven mounts, or vamidiums, one of the rarest is the Wolf animunculus with critical components made, not of Dwarven Metal, but of some sort of Dwemeri Glass.
The Vitrine Dwarven Wolf is a Dwarven Automaton-themed mount, or "vamidium". It is available from the Crown Store via Dwarven Crown Crates as a hidden Apex-level reward. Its default name is "Gruffgears".
Wild Hunt Wolf
- Some say that Hircine meddled with the nature of wolves in a way that made them susceptible to shape-shifting, and from this Daedric interference came both the Werewolf - and the Wild Hunt Wolf. What is the truth of this? Y'ffre knows!
The Wild Hunt Wolf Mount is available as an Apex-level reward in the Wild Hunt Crown Crate. Its default name is "Lobo Leaf". It leaves behind green pawprints, and small flowers briefly bloom where it stands still.
- "Almost every stablemaster of the Marsh has fine, scaly lizard mounts available for purchase in various forms, all familiar to dryskins but specifically adapted to deep swamp conditions. So convenient, our lizard-steeds, so scaly and personable!" —Ukaspa
Wolf-Lizard Steed is available in Xanmeer Crown Crates as an Apex-level reward. Its default name is "Scaly-Wolf".