- 1 New Features / Updates / Big Changes
- 2 Available Templates
- 3 Known Issues
- 4 DLC Fixes & Improvements
- 5 Base Game Fixes & Improvements
Released on October 19 2015.
The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited v2.2.2 is an incremental patch on the PTS that continues to address outstanding issues in Wrothgar and quests in Orsinium, in addition to many issues in Maelstrom Arena. We've also added a new crafting motif, tweaked the Champion Point catch-up mechanic, and added new gear to the available character template. You'll also find numerous fixes to gameplay and UI in the base game patch.
We've copied European characters from the Live PC/Mac megaserver in this patch, which is approximately 3.3GB in size. Thanks again for all your continued feedback!
New Features / Updates / Big Changes
- The mysteries of the Mercenary Motif have been unearthed by the Undaunted!
- The Mercenary Motif is a brand new crafting style, available only through Undaunted activities.
- To earn the Chapters of the Mercenary style, you must complete Undaunted Pledges and open their reward chests.
- Bronze, Silver, and Gold chests all have a good chance to grant a Chapter of the Mercenary style, with Silver having a better chance than Bronze, and Gold having a better chance than Silver.
- All three chests have a small chance to drop the full Book of the style, as well.
- The Style Item for Mercenary, Laurel, is found by killing the final boss of Normal and Veteran dungeons, with Veteran dungeons' final bosses having a better chance than Normal final bosses.
- This chance is also modified by your knowledge of the Mercenary style: If you know zero Chapters of the style, you will never receive a Laurel from any source. If you know all 14 Chapters, you will always receive a Laurel from Veteran dungeon final bosses, every time you kill one.
- Laurels are Bind on Pickup - they cannot be sold, traded, or mailed.
Champion Point Catch-Up Mechanic Updates
- It will now take less experience to gain a Champion Point at higher levels.
- Lower levels will now require slightly more experience.
- After hitting the Champion Point cap, you will now need significantly less experience to gain additional Champion Points that will be held in a reserve.
- Veteran Rank 16 templates now include the new item sets and Maelstrom weapons from the Orsinium DLC game pack for testing.
- The bonus damage over time from the two handed Maelstrom weapon will always critically hit on the first few ticks. This is not intended, and will be fixed in a future patch.
DLC Fixes & Improvements
Art & Animation
- All loading screens previously labeled FPO (For Placement Only) are now updated with their final versions. This includes the following areas:
- Chambers of Loyalty
- Ice Heart's Lair
- Imperial City
- Orsinium Temple Rectory
- Paragon's Remembrance
- Sanctum of Prowess
Dungeons & Group Content
- White-Gold Tower (Normal & Veteran)
- A portal back will now appear in the Throne Room to bring you to the top of White-Gold Tower after you defeat Molag Kena.
- Fixed an issue where Molag Kena's Shock Spear could unintentionally be dispelled.
- Old Orsinium
- Audio will no longer cut out while exploring Old Orsinium.
- If you are knocked down by Pyre Keeper Rugdrulz's Dragon Leap, you will no longer be able to move while knocked down.
- The Aspect of Malacath will no longer be out of focus when you interact with it.
- Player characters that enter the Sewers from the Districts will now have an immunity buff placed on them for protection at the base of ladders.
- You will now be able to consistently interact with trapped chests.
- The quest pins directing you out of the Imperial Sewers will no longer point to inaccessible doors.
- Xivkyn Elite
- Drain Essence no longer displays an interruptable telegraph, though it can still be interrupted by CC Break.
- The hints for the Centurion's Signet and Frostbreak Chalice for the House of Orsimer Glories achievement are now more accurate.
- Some previously immortal NPCs are now mortal, and can be killed if you so choose.
- Updated the hint for a recently relocated Skyshard to better match its new home.
- Reduced the overall difficulty of encounters in Bonerock Cavern.
- Guild Traders are now noted on the maps of Orsinium and Morkul Stronghold.
- Fixed various issues with Wrothgar's crafting stations that prevented some of them from being usable, and others from displaying correctly.
- Fixed an issue that prevented a fishing spot in Wrothgar from being usable.
- Removed a note from Eveli that was previously not completed.
- Increased the delay between summons of Nikolvara's pets in Nikolvara's Kennel.
- The Hero of Wrothgar achievement now awards a unique title aptly named Hero of Wrothgar.
- You will no longer be able to steal items from nightstands where you normally wouldn't be able to steal items.
- Fixed an issue where several NPCs and guards in Wrothgar were too easy or difficult to fight, or just wouldn't attack you at all.
- NPCs attempting to beat offenders senseless with their mighty bows have been trained in archery, and will now actually shoot you.
- NPCs filling offenders with arrows from their fists have been stripped of this amazing and really quite disturbing skill; they will now properly shoot arrows from bows.
- Renamed the book Angry Birds to Letter to Mairma found in Coldperch Cavern.
- Reduced the difficulty of the Dwemer Spider Swarms in Zthenganaz.
- You will no longer be able to target the Zombie corpses in Thukhozod's Saunctum.
Art & Animation
- Fixed several issues where assets could clip throughout Wrothgar.
- Fixed an issue where there was previously a missing asset in the Lost Barrow.
- Heavy attacks no longer cause shadows to flicker in Wrothgar on high/ultra graphics settings.
- Adjusted many lines of VO that were previously too loud or too quiet.
- Fixed a number of minor audio bugs in interior spaces within Wrothgar; these places will now sound more realistic.
- Orzorga's recipes now display an appropriate required skill rank, rather than 0.
- Two-thirds of the Orsinium-specific Provisioning Writs were convinced that they really, really wanted you to go to Craglorn to turn them in, without you leaving Wrothgar. We've reminded them where they are, and they can now be completed properly.
- If you have ever been asked for a "Bristlecone Ice Staff," rest assured that you will not be asked for one again.
- Veteran Rank 15 harvest nodes for ore, wood, and cloth will now appear more frequently in Wrothgar.
- The equipment-based Writs that you turn in in Wrothgar now have a large portion of their expected materials made in Voidsteel, Nightwood, Shadowhide, or Shadowsilk.
- World bosses in Orsinium now have a small chance to drop an item from the Mark of the Pariah, Trinimac's Valor, and Briarheart item sets.
- These will drop at Veteran Rank 15 or, rarely, Veteran Rank 16.
- These world bosses will now also always drop a green-quality item, and have an increased chance to additionally drop a blue-quality item.
- Treasure chests at VR15+ also have a small chance to drop an item from the Mark of the Pariah, Trinimac's Valor, and Briarheart item sets, at Veteran Rank 15 or rarely Veteran Rank 16.
- Treasure Maps that uncover a VR15+ treasure chest will always grant an item from the Mark of the Pariah, Trinimac's Valor, and Briarheart item sets, at Veteran Rank 15 or rarely Veteran Rank 16.
- Fixed an issue where bosses in delves would drop Veteran Rank 14 quality gear for player characters at Veteran Rank 15 or higher. These drops will now be VR15 for those player characters.
- Fixed a minor typo in the display name of the Ancient Orc Shoulders crafting Motif chapter. The publisher has sneakily issued a slip-cover for the book to correct this error.
- Updated the Style Motif loot you receive from interactable fixtures, such as dressers, nightstands, and trunks.
- In Wrothgar, you'll now have the same chance to get a Motif as you would in a zone of your Alliance, but the Motifs available will include those typically only found in Silver and Gold zones.
- Previously, you could only find the Motifs of the playable races in Wrothgar.
- Existing zones from the base game patch will see no change from the current behavior and drop rates.
- Bottles and flasks found in houses and other places that normally provide water when looted will now do so in Wrothgar, as well.
- Elemental Succession: Updated the tooltip for this item set's ability to clarify that the bonus is continuous rather than a proc.
- Morkuldin: Fixed an issue where the sword summoned by this item set could not critically strike with its basic attack.
- Increased the health of monsters in every arena (with some exceptions noted below) to compensate for their greatly reduced mitigation.
- Fixed an issue where, rarely, a new round would not begin.
- All monsters in the arenas will now be able to see through stealth.
- Arena 1: Vale of the Surreal
- The correct Death Recap icon for Defiled Grave will now be displayed.
- Arena 2: Seht's Balcony
- The Generator will now start as stationary, and will properly switch to the on position when you begin the arena.
- Arena 3: Drome of Toxic Shock
- You will no longer see the text "No Scream Knockdown" from Sonic Scream in your list of active effects.
- You will no longer see the targeting "Shock Water" in their in the list of effects.
- Stranglers will now pull anyone who is blocking and immovable.
- The Queen's Advisor now displays her difficulty properly in the UI.
- Reduced the health of the Stranglers in this arena.
- Arena 4: Seht's Flywheel
- Reduced the health of the Scavenger Thunder-Smith.
- Arena 5: Rink of Frozen Blood
- Huntsman Chillbane's Frost Nova is no longer applied when you have CC immunity.
- Fixed an issue where Angirgoth's Rapid Strikes did not have any audio.
- Reduced the base damage of Cold Snap Bolt.
- If Matriarch Runa's Iceberg Calving kills your character, you will now see her fully land on the Iceberg before the round resets.
- Arena 6: Spiral Shadows
- Spider Daedra will now be summoned throughout the encounter, rather than at certain health percentages.
- The Sticky Web ability that stacks a snare effect, cast by a summoned Spider Daedra, will now be removed when the casting Spider Daedra is killed.
- The spider swarm and web spinners will now appear faster after the boss recovers from the stun of the obelisks.
- Added additional time between the enemy waves in rounds 3 and 4.
- Increased the use radius on the Venom Grenade synergy.
- Moving near a Venom Grenade will now continue to provide the synergy use prompt.
- Fixed an issue where a death recap hint from the Imperial City Prison was appearing after dying to the Flesh Atronachs in this arena.
- Slightly decreased the Champion of Atrocity's damage output as she ramps up her enrage. She will still become lethal if her enrage peaks before subduing her. This only affects Veteran Maelstrom Arena.
- Reduced the duration of the Sticky Web effect applied by the spider swarm in Veteran Maelstrom Arena.
- Arena 7: Vault of Umbrage
- You can no longer block or dodge roll Wrecking Bite and its associated bleed.
- Volatile Plants will now apply Volatile Poison correctly.
- Reduced the health of the Argonian Venomshot.
- An Active Combat Tip will now display when you are afflicted with Volatile Poison for the first time.
- Arena 8: Igneous Cistern
- The Warding Stones in the Igneous Cistern will now be easier to target and use ranged abilities on.
- Reduced the damage from the Dremora Kyngald's Inferno ability.
- Reduced the health for the Warding Stone.
- The Death Recap icons for Double Slam will now be consistent.
- Arena 9: Theater of Despair
- Fire Chain can now be reflected and blocked.
- The Dremora Kyngald will now properly dodge roll.
- Hot Shot Splash can now be dispelled.
- Fiery Explosion now deals damage to anyone standing inside the telegraph's blast radius on Normal mode.
- Rain Fire can now be dispelled by Negate Magic.
- Engulfing Flames will now always display its visual effects when cast, and the damage will be calculated at the correct time during impact.
- The Spectral Explosion synergy ability now always displays its visual effects when successfully cast.
- Molten Armaments no longer grants nearby monsters a critical strike chance.
- Slightly increased the damage bonus provided by Molten Armaments to compensate for the critical strike chance being removed.
- Slightly increased Voriak Solkyn's overall damage in normal mode.
- Reduced the base damage on Voriak Solkyn's Necrotic Swarm in normal mode.
- Voriak Solkyn will now cast Necrotic Spear more often.
- Removed an icon associated with Necrotic Blast, Necrotic Swarm, and Volcanic Rune from the active effects list.
- Increased the health of the Animus Crystals.
- Necrotic Stab now explodes faster after being cast.
- Priest of Trinimac
- Leaping priests are no longer seen hovering above their victims before falling from the sky during Divine Leap.
- Wrothgar Bear
- Bite will now deal less damage.
- A King-Sized Problem: Fixed an issue where the last word in your conversation was cut off when talking to Forge-Mother Alga.
- A Question of Succession:
- You will now agree to help the correct NPC.
- Laurig will no longer forget what you have already done while talking with her.
- This quest will now reset if Ulghesh despawns before you find a Snow Truffle.
- Adjusted the quest pins so they will now point toward the correct location.
- Blood on a King's Hands:
- You must now face the gate associated with this quest in order to open it.
- You will no longer be able to attack the NPCs through closed gates.
- You will no longer be able to target the boss while he is invisible.
- Priestess Solgra will no longer vanish after her unfortunate fate.
- Adjusted the final battle to slightly increase its overall difficulty.
- Exile's Barrow: You will no longer be able to ride a mount while inside the barrow. In addition, your quest progress will no longer be blocked if you kill the boss after dying and resurrecting on the spot.
- Forcing the Faith:
- NPCs associated with this quest will no longer linger if you decide to abandon the quest.
- NPCs will no longer knock you through doors in Paragon's Remembrance.
- You will now be able to complete the conversation with the imprisoned mages.
- Hidden Harvest: Catapult attacks that land in the fortress no longer move unnaturally fast. Also, you will no longer be locked out of Frostbreak Fortress after completing this quest.
- In the Name of the King: Quest pins will now appear at the correct times.
- Invitation to Orsinium: Stuga and Kemaz have found their voice, and will now speak. Ambassador Lagzara also found his proper voice, and no longer speaks in robo-VO.
- Long Live the King:
- NPCs will now take the time to listen to each other instead of all speaking at once.
- The theater scene for this quest will now restart properly if you log out during the quest.
- You will no longer be able to examine the corpses associated with this quest.
- Sorrow's Kiss:
- You will no longer be prevented from taking this quest if you have another quest with Lady Laurent or Stibbons in your journal.
- You'll no longer be freezing if you revive at a wayshrine after dying on the mountain.
- Fixed an animation issue with first-person view when at the top of the mountain.
- The book "Torug at the Summit, Complete Translation" will now appear at the correct time.
- The Anger of a King: The quest pin will now point you to the correct location in the Outlaws Refuge.
- The Durzog Whistle: Fedar Githrano no longer cares if you're criminal scum by the end of this quest.
- The King's Gambit: Fixed several issues with quest pins.
- To Save a Chief:
- The objective will now display and update properly.
- You will no longer become trapped if you die in the cells.
- Reduced the damage you receive from the poison in the prison room.
- Where Loyalties Lie: Everyone now agrees on Lord Ethian's name and title; the quest tracker and text from the quest step match.
- The daily quests for world bosses no longer require you to have defeated the boss at least once before.
- The respawn rate for some world bosses were previously longer than intended. All world bosses now respawn 5 minutes after they are defeated.
Base Game Fixes & Improvements
Art & Animation
- Fixed an issue that would cause Khajiit head markings to project onto the textures of certain helmets.
Combat & Gameplay
- Fixed an issue where ability costs were scaling higher than intended for Veteran Ranked player characters.
- Fixed an issue where monster mitigation was capped at 50% against player damage.
- Combat pets and followers will now leave combat the same time you do.
- Piercing Mark: Fixed an issue where using this ability was causing monsters to appear to suddenly teleport or stop moving.
- Storm Calling
- Overload: Fixed an issue where Overload Heavy Attacks would continue to channel without properly displaying visual effects after you released the button.
- Daedric Summoning
- Expert Summoner: Fixed an issue where this passive ability's speed bonus was not being applied when out of combat.
- Volley: Fixed an issue where you could stack this ability multiple times.
- Known Issue: The visual effects for this ability will fail to display if it is cast while the caster is silenced.
- Volley: Fixed an issue where you could stack this ability multiple times.
- Fixed an issue where Item Set bonuses were not displayed on the Character UI properly for battle leveled player characters.
- Note: While this was previously noted in the PTS v2.2.1 notes, it was not properly fixed.
- Fixed an issue where the Character Screen was not displaying Weapon Damage, Spell Damage, Physical Resistance, and Spell Resistance correctly for Battle Leveled player characters.
- Fixed an issue where Critical values were displaying higher values than intended on Battle Leveled player characters.
- Fixed an issue where you could gain your first Champion Point by earning only one Experience Point after reaching level 50.
- The Shadow
- Treasure Hunter: Reduced the chance of receiving a second set item, but the chest will still always have an additional item in it if you have this passive (typically a blue-quality item, with a chance of it being either purple or another piece of the aforementioned item sets).
- The Tower
- War Mount: Fixed an issue where this passive's bonuses were not being removed if you respecced out of it.
- The Thief
- Fixed an issue where this boon was incorrectly becoming less powerful as you leveled up. It will now maintain a consistent 11% net increase to your Critical and Spell Critical values.
- Arthropods and serpents now conform more accurately to their terrain.
- Taking Aim now animates correctly.
- Taking Aim now displays a projectile when reflected.
- Avoiding Crushing Swipe has been made more intuitive.
- Crushing Swipe can now be cast while silenced.
- The damage from Crushing Swipe now better adheres to its telegraph.
- Crushing Swipe no longer cancels early if its initial target leaves the area of effect.
- Crushing Swipe now correctly interfaces with tutorial prompts.
- Bone Lord
- The visual effect for Closed Fist no longer persists after the ability has been removed by Purge.
- Dwarven Ice Centurion (Dragonstar Arena 8)
- The Centurion no longer moves while casting Ice Charge.
- The damage from Ice Charge now correctly evaluates its target's defenses.
- Ice Charge now displays a telegraph that can be interrupted.
- The projectile from Ice Charge now launches in synch with its animation (previously, it would launch after the Centurion lowered its muzzle).
- Interrupting Ice Charge now correctly prevents it from firing and no longer results in an immediate recast.
- Added a casting animation for Dark Talons.
- The monster version of Veiled Strike no longer stuns player characters with Radiant Magelight active.
- Troll (Ranged)
- Blocking Rock Toss has been made more intuitive.
- Sweep can now be cast while silenced.
- Sweep no longer cancels early if its target backs out of the area of effect.
- Sweep now correctly strikes targets in front of the Wamasu.
- Sweep now generates tutorial prompts if you have tutorials enabled.
- Flurry no longer stuns player characters that are immune to knockbacks and stuns.
- You've always received 10% more experience with the Pledge of Mara, but nothing actually stated that fact in the Crown Store. We've now fixed that. The more you know!
- Fixed an issue where the icon for the Orsinium DLC was not displaying when purchasing the DLC.
- You will now be able to scroll through an item's description text in the Crown Store Announcement window.
Exploration & Itemization
- Fixed an issue where books that were also quest items would not update in the Lore Library when read.
- Added icons to new style books in the Eidetic Memory pane.
- Fixed an issue where the Masonry repair kits obtained from mail would not stack with the same kits bought from Siege vendors. Going forward, all Keep Wall Masonry Repair Kits will stack with each other nicely.
- You can no longer use any of your collectibles while dead, naturally.
- The Akaviri Style Master achievement will now appear in the achievement journal, and will track your Akaviri Style Chapter acquisition.
Quests & Zones
- Sorcerers can no longer use Bolt Escape to leave parts of Craglorn.
- If you have quests in other alliances, you will no longer be lead back and forth through the Coldharbour Portal.
- Hircine's Hunting Grounds: You will no longer appear to be frozen mid-transformation when progressing through a loading screen to access Hircine's Hunting Grounds.
- Updated text in various help, tutorials, and achievements.
- Fixed an issue where the chat box's color selector tool would still be active after closing the menu.
- Fixed an issue where there were unusable keybinds in the Create Guild menu.
- You will no longer receive an erroneous notification for a new best score in Sanctum Ophidia.
- Fixed an issue where selecting different options would not save until after you navigated away from that option.
- Fixed an issue where hovering over a mail attachment with the mouse while in Gamepad mode would display a broken tooltip.
- Fixed an issue where your character would appear offset in the character selection screen after logging out while in Gamepad mode.
- You are now able to reset the tutorials within the Gamepad UI. This can be found under the "Tutorials" section.
- Fixed an issue where the color hue categories would not appear in the gamepad heraldry menu.
- Fixed an issue where some selectable sub-options in the gamepad options menu would not display as "off" if the primary category was disabled.
- Fixed an issue where changing the display mode in Options would result in a UI error.
- Fixed an issue where the UI would indicate that you had Champion Points available to spend despite the Champion Point cap preventing you from actually doing so.
- Removed Trials from the activity type section of the Grouping Tool as it was non-functional.
- Fixed an issue that was preventing you from jumping to a group member from a different alliance in a group dungeon.
- Fixed an issue where the Group Finder would not switch the activity type if you queued for a Normal dungeon while your activity type was set to Veteran. Now, only the group leader will be able to change the activity type from Normal to Veteran.
- Fixed an issue where the Grouping Tool was allowing player characters from cross alliances to queue together for PvP.
- You will no longer receive the notification "You Have Joined a Group For Alliance War" when other player characters have joined your group.
- Fixed an issue where the menu in the Grouping tool would offer incorrect dungeon options in the search window.
- Fixed an issue where the Grouping Tool would not search for additional player characters if someone from the group dropped while trying to fill a group.
Guild Bank & Traders
- Fixed an issue that was preventing you from entering the maximum amount of gold when making a deposit into the Guild Bank.
- Fixed an issue where the "Item Price Range" label in the Guild Store, while in Gamepad mode, was not localized in French and German.
- Fixed an issue where the amount of gold listed in the "Buy" tab in the merchant window would not update after earning additional gold by selling items.