Released on February 03 2015.
The Elder Scrolls Online v1.6.1 is an incremental patch addressing a number of issues found in the first patch to the PTS. This includes fixes for various animations, abilities, the Justice System, and more.
Fixes & Improvements
- Fixed an issue that sometimes resulted in battle-leveled player characters gaining a higher than intended bonus to crit from Enemy Keep bonuses.
- The Emperor Alliance bonus has been adjusted for the larger combat numbers in this patch. It now grants significantly more health.
Art & Animation
- You will no longer see animations pop on other player characters that follow up a heavy attack with a light attack.
- Fixed an issue where the dynamic field of view would stop shortly after you start to sprint on a mount.
- Fixed an issue that would cause you to appear as if you were sliding without playing an animation while stuck in a “T-pose”.
- Fixed an issue that would cause you to begin walking after landing from a jump. This would typically occur if you reversed your direction mid-jump.
- Polished some first-person animations, particularly when finishing swings with Dual Wield weapons.
- You will now play an animation to other player characters while you are in the Champion UI.
Combat & Gameplay
- Abilities purchased on a template character can now be immediately morphed (if that ability has a morph available.)
- Fixed an issue that was resulting in some player characters not receiving an attribute respec.
- PVP kills no longer grant Ultimate.
- Uppercut and Flurry can no longer be interrupted.
- You can no longer hold block while feared.
- Updated the prompt that appears when your Skill and Attribute points have been refunded due to gameplay changes for additional clarity and readability.
- Fixed an issue that would cause monsters and player characters to display the crowd control immunity effect multiple times.
- Updated the stable tutorial to reflect the new mount system.
- Fixed an issue that could result in your base Critical Strike rating going lower than intended. Everyone now has a minimum Critical Strike chance of 10%.
- Fixed an issue that prevented drinking a potion if you already had the same buff or effect that the potion would provide. Now, you will drink the potion and receive any benefit from it that your character doesn't already have. Drinking a potion will also refresh the same type of buff or effect if the remaining duration is shorter than what the potion will apply.
- The enchantments on ranged Master's Weapons (staffs and bows) will now properly deplete when used.
- The Major Heroism and Minor Heroism buffs now grant Ultimate at the same frequency.
- The Major Breach buff now has the correct name (instead of Major Spell Shatter) on the Active Effects panel.
- Fixed an issue so you can now immediately attempt to pick a lock after the clumsy debuff expires.
- Ardent Flame
- Fiery Breath (and its morphs): Fixed an issue where the morphs of Fiery Breath were dealing their damage over time instantly, instead of waiting 2 seconds like the base ability. In addition, the bonus damage an enemy takes from fire, applied by Engulfing Flames, will now properly factor into the damage from the first tick.
- Shifting Standard (Dragonknight Standard morph): The second standard for this ability will no longer display a warning since it cannot be cast a third time.
- Earthen Heart
- Assassin's Blade: Fixed an issue where the glowing execute visual cue for this ability—called Sense Weakness—was not correctly appearing on enemies or NPCs that were Neutral or associated with the Justice System.
- Death Stroke: Fixed an issue with the timing at the end of this ability.
- Mark Target: When you use Mark Target, the particle effects that indicate your target is afflicted with Major Fracture and Major Spell Shatter now correctly appear. The particle effects for Mark Target and all of its morphs can now be seen by everyone, not just the target and caster. Also, fixed an issue that was resulting in Mark Target and its morphs making nearby monsters enter combat.
- Piercing Mark (Mark Target morph): This ability now correctly reveals Vampire players who are using Clouding Swarm.
- Pressure Points: The tooltip for this passive ability has been adjusted to display only your current critical strike rating bonus.
- Catalyst: Increased the amount of Ultimate this passive ability restores after drinking a potion to 6/12 from 4/8.
- Sap Essence (Drain Power morph): Fixed an issue where this ability was healing for more than intended when hitting multiple targets.
- Soul Shred: Increased the cost of all ranks and morphs of this ability to 150 Ultimate from 125.
- Soul Siphoner: This ability will now properly increase the healing done when having a siphon ability slotted.
- Dark Magic
- Blood Magic: Increased healing on both ranks of this ability to 4%/8% maximum health from 3%/5%.
- Negate Magic: This Ultimate ability now removes enemy-placed effects when it is initially cast instead of constantly for the entire duration of the ability. Also, this ability's cost has been reduced by 10%.
- Daedric Summoning
- Daedric Summoning pets will now reenter stealth if they leave combat and their master is still stealthed.
- Player characters that enter stealth next to a Sorcerer's Daedric Summoning pet will no longer cause the other player character's pets to enter stealth.
- Storm Calling
- Bolt Escape: The disorient portion of Bolt Escape and its morphs has been changed. It now results in a 1.5 second stun and properly triggers crowd-control immunity for the target when the stun effect ends.
- Boundless Storm (Lightning Form morph): Fixed an issue where the lightning form visuals were being removed before the effect was over.
- Overload: Increased the damage of Overload light attacks by 50%.
- Surge: All ranks and morphs of this ability now provide healing when you land a critical strike. Also, the healing cooldown has been reduced to 0.25 seconds from 1 second.
- Aedric Spear
- Dawn's Wrath
- Restoring Light
- Extended Ritual (Cleansing Ritual morph): Fixed an issue that made it possible to activate the Purify synergy more than once.
- Remembrance: This ability now correctly reduces incoming damage for both the caster and their allies. Also, this ability's damage reduction now scales properly across all ranks.
- Volley: This ability and its respective morphs will now consistently hit targets that are using Shadow Cloak.
- Dual Wield:
- Destruction Staff
- Restoration Staff
- Fixed an issue where Restoration Expert and Restoration Master were increasing all healing done; this was not working as intended. Restoration Expert and Restoration Master now only increase healing done with Restoration Staff abilities. The ability tool-tips for these passives have been updated to reflect this fix.
- Two Handed
- Rally: Casting Rally while crouching and hidden will no longer guarantee you to proc a critical heal.
- Stampede (Critical Charge morph): Increased the duration of the snare from this ability to 8 seconds from 5 seconds.
- Wrecking Blow (Uppercut morph): This ability's damage now correctly scales up with each rank.
- Heavy Armor
- Immovable: This ability now grants crowd-control immunity for 5 seconds instead of the full duration of the ability. The maximum rank of this ability and its morphs now lasts for 15 seconds.
- Fixed an issue where werewolves could not use Break Free.
- Fighters Guild
- Dawnbreaker: Removed the cast time from this ability, and can no longer be interrupted.
- Mages Guild
- Cleanse (Purge morph):
- The particle effects for this ability will now properly display when you use it.
- The healing from this ability now only applies if a negative effect is removed from a target.
- Slightly reduced the value that Cleanse heals allies for to 15%, 16%, 17%, and 18% of their maximum health from 18%, 19%, 20%, and 21%.
- Guard: The effects for this ability no longer stack and linger longer than they should when this ability is toggled on and off in rapid succession. Also, the visual effects for this ability now match the actual affected area more closely.
- Purge: Reverted the change that decreased the cost of this ability and its morphs.
- Cleanse (Purge morph):
- High Elf
- Elemental Talent: The tooltip for this passive is now consistent across all its ranks.
- Carnage: This passive ability's tooltip now correctly reflects the Weapon Critical bonus it grants.
- Heavy Armor Expertise: This passive ability now has an icon.
- Wood Elf
- Y'ffre's Endurance: The Wood Elf racial skill Exhilaration (formerly Vigor) has been replaced with Y'ffre's Endurance, which grants an increase of 7%/14%/21% to Stamina Regeneration while in combat.
- Mage Constellation
- Thief Constellation
- Warrior Constellation
- The Lord Constellation
- The Steed Constellation
- Reinforced: The tooltip for this passive has been updated to be clearer and better match how the passive functions. We also increased the damaged absorbed by the Reinforced passive by basing it off your character's level instead of his or her maximum health.
- Shield Expert: Fixed an issue where the Shield Expert passive was not correctly increasing armor value and damage mitigation.
- Several monster abilities that could not be previously dispelled by the Sorcerer ability Negate Magic can now be dispelled. This includes the following:
- Angof – Angof's Reach
- Battlemage – Ice Cage
- Flame Atronach – Lava Geyser
- Frost Atronach – Chilling Aura
- Gargoyle – Lava Geyser
- Lich – Defiled Ground, Soul Cage
- Nereid – Water Geyser
- Scamp – Rain of Fire
- Spider Daedra – Lightning Storm
- Thunder Bug – Thunderstrikes
- Titan – Soul Flame
- Wispmother – Rain of Wisps
- Feast orbs summoned by the Harvester in Silver and Gold difficulties now have fewer hit points.
- Pacthunter Ranger
- Drain Resource now shows the correct icon on the Death Recap screen.
- Aura of Protection now takes full damage from abilities that use a direct target, but which also have an area of effect component (such as the Templar ability Explosive Charge).
- Storm Atronach
- Impending Storm will no longer strike a single player character multiple times as it paths.
Crafting & Economy
- Auction notification mails now state that they will be deleted after 30 days.
- Scuttlers will now drop provisioning meat.
- Sheep, goats, pigs, and the occasional domesticated gazelle can now be skinned for their hides.
- Oxen will now produce meat when slain.
- Monsters that drop meat for Provisioning will now do so regardless of the difference in level between you and the monster.
- Grocers now sell only fresh produce. Their prices are higher now, to account for them endeavoring to profit from agriculture in the middle of a massive war.
- Humanoids will now occasionally drop healthy snacks when killed.
- Brewers and chefs no longer sell Provisioning ingredients. Why would they empower you to produce your own goods? They want you to consume theirs.
- Grocers now sell provisioning ingredients for 150 gold per item.
- Merchant Yanis, located on Bleakrock Isle, will now tell you how much it will cost to increase your bag slots.
- Rare food and drink ingredients are now the same visual quality of the rare foods for which they are ingredients.
- Level 50 dropped potions will now display as Veteran Rank 1.
- Potions now behave more consistently regarding stealth; no potion will reveal you from stealth unless it hurts or stuns you.
- Fixed an issue so potions will now actually affect your critical rating.
- Potions of Invisibility will now dismount you if you're trying to drink them while mounted. It just makes you invisible, not you and your horse.
- Fixed an issue where certain potions of invisibility mistakenly had no duration.
- Healing potion tooltips will now update to reflect bonuses to healing from other sources, such as abilities (passives, buffs, etc.)
- Increased the chance of getting gold boosters from Clothing, Woodworking, and Blacksmithing writs.
- Increased most ranks by approximately 30%.
- Nearly doubled the top-tier writ's chance to drop a gold booster.
- Provisioning certification will now specifically grant one tier-one health recipe, one tier-one stamina recipe, and one tier-one magicka recipe upon completion.
- Enchanting Survey Reports I and II for Craglorn have finally been uncovered!
- Updated the hireling mail headers to be more specific to the crafting discipline.
- Provisioning Certification will now provide more low-tier recipes on completion.
- Extremely low-level glyphs of regeneration will now provide regeneration.
- Stitching, Metallurgy, and Carpentry passive abilities all now use different icons that better reflect their tradeskill.
- Added a tutorial for the first time you open the Crown Store.
- Closing the Crown Store UI after previewing a mount will now return you back to your normal idle animation without playing the dismount animation.
- The Draugr Polymorph will now show the female version when previewing it on female characters.
- Guild tabard is no longer shown when previewing a costume.
- Fixed an issue so you will no longer get kicked from the game if you are stunned while previewing costumes.
- Fixed an issue where you'd walk incorrectly after exiting the Crown Store.
- Fixed an issue where you could crash when transforming out of werewolf form with a costume equipped.
- Fixed an issue where you couldn't close the UI Error window in the Crown Store.
- Fixed an issue where searching within the Crown Store did not return all matching entries.
- Crown Store repair kit messages in the upper right now display with proper capitalization.
- Crown Store repair kits will now repair all items in your inventory.
- Fixed an issue where some costumes would modify your body appearance.
- Fixed an issue where you would remain in preview form if interrupted by dialogue while previewing.
- Fixed an issue where your head would clip off the screen when previewing a costume in the Crown Store.
- You will no longer be able to toggle auto-run while in the Crown Store.
- Fixed an issue where the camera would zoom in too far when previewing pets.
- Fixed an issue where the Draugr Polymorph would morph your facial features.
- You will now automatically dismount when entering Crown Store window.
Dungeons & Group Content
- Slightly reduced the health and power from minion monsters inside Veteran Dungeons.
- Both Glirion and Maj will no longer give out an Undaunted pledge for the same dungeon on the same day.
- Arx Corinium
- Sellistrix the Lamia Queen's Lightning Bulwark ability will now properly display lightning in the water to indicate when you can get hit by it.
- Sliklenia the Songstress' pet will no longer continue to engage you if Sliklenia leashes back to her original spawn point.
- Sliklenia the Songstress' Cacophony ability will now hit anyone in her boss room that isn't protected by the bubble she places on her pet.
- Matron Ixniaa's Impending Doom ability now only targets player characters that are alive.
- Monsters stunned by the Sister of Waves will now properly play their stunned animations.
- Banished Cells
- It is now possible to block High Kinlord Rilis' Soulblast ability to reduce its damage and avoid secondary effects.
- Blackheart Haven
- Captain Blackheart's skeletal minions will no longer continue attacking you after everyone in your group has died.
- Iron-Heel will no longer lose interest in player characters before his allies do.
- Blessed Crucible
- It is no longer possible to become stuck in the door behind Grunt the Clever when he uses Obliterate on player characters that are standing against said door.
- City of Ash
- Warden of the Shrine is now properly immune to crowd control effects.
- Warden of the Shrine will now face his target before using Teleport Strike on them.
- Fixed an issue where Razor Master Erthas's Lava Pitch ability was not showing the boss' name next to it in the death recap window.
- Crypt of Hearts
- Ilambris-Zaven and Ilambris-Athor will now properly leash and return to their original spawn point if they are pulled outside the circular platform in their room.
- Darkshade Caverns
- When Foreman Llothan dies, his summoned Kwama Scribs will now die with him.
- When Sentinel of Rkugamz dies, his Dwemer Repairers will now die with him.
- Direfrost Keep
- Teethnasher the Frostbound Freezing Gale ability will now hit less frequently.
- Elden Hollow
- Fixed an issue where Akash gra-Mal's would occasionally not turn to face her target when using Leaping Strike.
- Selene's Web
- During Selene's encounter, the Bosmer will more reliably jump down from the cliffs.
- Longclaw's Senche Spirit will now properly disappear if Longclaw becomes stuck.
- Selene's "Summon Senche Spirit" ability will now properly animate when it hits her targets.
- The Corrupted Infantry will no longer become trapped in the cave rock.
- You can no longer sneak past Blood Spawn.
- Tempest Island
- Fixed an issue where entering Tempest Island with the Quest Eye of the Storm in progress could cause certain monsters and NPCs to show up early. Commander Alduril will now wait until the Lamia Matriarch and her rabble are defeated before she and her troops arrive.
- Monsters knocked off of cliffs on Tempest Island will now die, as they should.
- Stormreeve Neidir has gained the ability to launch small Twisters during her encounter.
- It is no longer possible to appear ahead of Quintus Verres, should you choose to respawn at a Wayshrine after being defeated.
- You can no longer use the door after Quintus Verres, unless you have successfully completed the encounter.
- The Treasure Hunters you encounter before Quintus Verres will now correctly reset after combat.
- Vaults of Madness
- Fixed an issue where you would incorrectly receive credit for the Vaults of Madness Pledge when the Mad Architect despawned due to getting stuck.
- The Force Equilibrium ability will now damage you correctly.
- If your remaining health percentage is lower compared to the boss, you will take 0 damage.
- If your remaining health percentage is higher compared to the boss, you will take damage.
- The damage is based on the difference between you and the boss' health. The larger the difference, the more damage you will sustain.
- Wayrest Sewers
- The Immovable Heavy Armor ability will now properly block Varaine Pellingare's Smite ability.
- You will no longer be able to prevent Allene Pellingare's Backstab ability from being cast by blocking.
- Both Varaine and Allene Pellingare will now reset if either gets stuck.
- Veteran Banished Cells
- Monsters will no longer despawn before the encounter with Keeper Imiril is over.
- High Kinlord Rilis' Curse of Suffering can no longer be cleansed. You will only be able to cleanse the Curse by standing in one of the ** sigils located on either side of his room.
- Veteran Crypt of Hearts
- Monsters will no longer become aggressive if you are too far away from their portal, or dead.
- Veteran Darkshade Caverns
- The effects for The Fallen Foreman's Flame Cone will now be removed in the event that he resets.
- Veteran Elden Hollow
- Bogdan the Nightflame's Shadow Tendrils are now immune to crowd control effects.
- If you resurrect during the Murklight's "white phase," you will no longer take damage if you're standing in the white pools.
- Veteran Fungal Grotto
- Vila Theran will now display a boss health bar on the UI.
- Fixed an issue with Vila Theran's Channel Shadow ability; she will now always channel Channel Shadow for 6 seconds.
- Veteran Wayrest Sewers
- You can no longer engage Garron the Returned safely from the ledge, and will instead be teleported to the room.
- You will now be correctly awarded points for completing Trials on difficult mode.
- Hel Ra Citadel
- You will no longer be able to get achievement credit for blowing the War Horn without actually initiating the encounter.
Exploration & Itemization
- The skyshard glow will now fade faster if you are killed during your interaction with the skyshard.
- Bookshelves in Craglorn will now display “Bookshelf” in the tooltip instead of “Books”.
- Fixed an issue that was resulting in certain trunks appearing to be looted, but actually still contained loot.
- It will now be easier to loot certain sacks, money bags, and hunks of meat that were previously too difficult to loot.
- Updated the icons for a large number of items, including those that can be stolen.
- Fixed an issue that was resulting in a loss of items when logging into Update 6 for the first time.
- Fixed an issue where the Sealed Urn you receive for completing the first step of the Main Quest would have an option to Enchant it (despite there being no enchantments one can place on containers).
- Interactable objects in the Mages and Fighters Guilds are now owned, and the interact prompt has been updated to reflect this.
- You will now consistently receive spoiled food when looting spoiled food.
- All clickable jars will now vanish when looted.
- Updated the loot you receive from NPCs, safeboxes and interactable objects to add more variation in their drops.
- Each social group of NPCs will now have more variation within their class.
- Each safebox and interactable object will also have more varied drops that will account for the zone, source type and quality.
- Fixed an issue where empty clickable objects were displaying a "Search" prompt instead an "Empty" prompt.
- Fixed a minor typo in the Craglorn Completionist tooltip.
- Updated the icons for many achievements.
- Clarified the Epic Attire and Superior Attire tooltips to better define how these achievements can be earned.
- The Craglorn Angler achievement can now completed when you catch the relevant fish.
- Fixed an issue where the dye reward for completing the three achievements “Support the Fight”, “Keep Capture”, and “Capture a Resource” was not displaying.
- Fixed an issue where the name of the achievement “Support the Fight” would be replaced with the name of another achievement.
- Updated the text for the Quester Achievement to indicate that repeatable quests now count when they are completed for the first time. Subsequent completions do not count.
- Updated the Dungeon Achievement Text in several dungeons to more accurately describe their requirements.
- Added a tutorial for the first time you open the Collections UI.
- Added a tutorial for the first time you obtain a Collectible.
- When you login wearing a costume, the Collections UI will now correctly recognize it is active.
- Arms of the Ancestors: Fixed an issue where the armor penetration for this item set wasn't scaled up to account for the new Champion System values.
- Blood Spawn: Reduced the ultimate gain from this item set to 15 from 25.
- Twice-Fanged Serpent: The visual effects for the Twice Fanged Serpent set will now correctly apply only to items that are part of the set.
- Significantly reduced the value of green, blue, and purple quality stolen items.
- The chance to find higher quality stolen items is now tied directly to the level of the area they are found in. This means stealing from * higher level content provides a significantly higher chance to find higher quality stolen goods.
- All green stolen items are now valued at the same rate as each other. This is now also the case with blue stolen items.
- The fence purchase is now the same as the value listed on stolen items.
- The cost to launder stolen items has now been significantly reduced, and will never exceed the overall value of the item.
- When mousing over a Safebox, the prompt will now say "Steal From" instead of "Steal" to be consistent with other lootable objects.
- Fixed an issue if you were being arrested while your UI was toggled off, you were unable to toggle it back on, leaving you unable to pay or flee.
- NPCs that turn hostile after being attacked will now appear as red dots on the compass.
- Fixed an issue where a witness would become hostile, but would not actually attack you.
- You will now receive bounty when caught stealing gold, and for attacking guards.
- You will no longer receive bounty for successfully pickpocketing an NPC.
- You can no longer pickpocket NPCs from the front while Bolt Escape, Streak, or Ball of Lightning is active.
- Fixed an issue where the UI would occasionally not update when focusing on a new target after pickpocketing all items from an NPC.
- Controls will no longer become partially locked after being arrested while picking a lock.
- You will now see a countdown in the conversation window when a guard is attempting to arrest you displaying the remaining time before the guard will attack you. If the timer reaches zero, you will no longer be able to pay your bounty. You'll be forced to flee or face the wrath of justice.
- If you hit your daily limit selling to a fence, you will now be warned immediately instead of receiving the "Sale Is Final" message before being denied.
- Fixed an issue where the Legerdemain skill line UI would not increment when you sold items to a fence.
- Stealth abilities, such as Shadow Cloak, no longer prevent you from being witnessed while performing criminal acts.
- Fixed an issue where you couldn't pickpocket while standing if you had Shadow Cloak active.
- Added some additional tutorials in relation to the Justice System.
Quests & Zones
- Sparking the Flame: You will no longer be able to leave the village that's under attack by running near Rana's office.
- Manor of Revelry: Fixed a number of issues where Fatahala's dialogue was mute after her appearance change.
- The Harvest Heart: Fixed an issue where your progress could become blocked if you were too far away from another group member when that group member marked all of the vampire lairs.
- News of Fallen Kin: Grundskar will now properly appear at the end of this quest if you have not completed Army of Meridia.
- The Shadow's Embrace: The quest step "Cause Chaos in the Lamia Camps" can now be shared with your group members.
- Bad Medicine: This quest is once again properly shareable.
- The Nameless Soldier: Fixed an issue that could cause Faolchu to get stuck while going back in time.
- Striking at the Heart: You will no longer become blocked if you die on the quest step “Talk to Queen Ayrenn.”
- Thizzrini Arena: Fixed an issue where you could knock back certain monsters into cages and doors.
- Spider Nest: The three spider world bosses – Banespinner, Old Widow Silk, and Bloodweaver – will no longer get stuck in the cliffside when engaged.
- Saving Hosni: If you teleport, wayshrine, or otherwise escape the dream layer, you will now be able to re-enter the estate without having to abaondon the quest.
- Fixed an issue where you could not disable add-ons that had a space in the add-on folder name.
- Fixed an issue where announcements and tutorial boxes were not displaying above the Crown Store.
- Fixed an issue where the cooldown values on item tooltips were not displaying in white.
- Quest pins on the compass now have two new settings:
- Compass Quest Givers: You can choose whether or not to show quest givers on the compass. The default value is to not show Quest Givers.
- Compass Active Quests: You can now choose how you want the quests you have to display on the Compass. You can choose between showing none of your quests, all of your quests, or only the quest you have focused in the quest tracker. The default value is to show only the focused quest.
- Fixed an issue where the guild trader was listing a ridiculously long bid time if you tried to make a bid immediately after the bidding window closed.
- Potions sent through the mail will now display the proper tooltips when the recipient hovers over them.
- The dye highlight will no longer show up when the selected dye is no longer visible within the dye pane.
- Fixed an issue where the “Teleport to Leader” prompt was not always appearing for everyone in the group.
- Activating the preview in the Crown Store, or activating and deactivating costumes in the Collections UI no longer causes you to rotate.
- You can no longer use the Crown Store or Collections UI while in Werewolf form.
- Disabled the ability to view the Crown Store or Collections UI window when you are swimming or dead.
- Fixed a minor issue where Axes and Maces were lowercase in tooltips.
- Adjusted the Champion System UI so the clouds will now slightly fade when you zoom in, and multi-line star names are now centered instead of being left aligned.
- Fixed an issue so textures will no longer pop in when seen for the first time.
- An animation will now play if you have a pending passive star unlock and then remove points so it no longer unlocked.
- Fixed an issue where scrolling to the bottom of the list in the Collectibles UI would automatically scroll back to the top if an item was selected as active.
- Updated the upper right header label within the Collectibles UI so it's now two lines.
- Fixed an issue where you could enter a pet name that was one character longer than what was actually displayable.
- Fixed an issue where the last section within the UI was slightly cut off on the bottom of the screen.