Released on October 20 2014.
The Elder Scrolls Online v1.5.1 addresses several issues or concerns that were reported by those testing on the PTS including issues with the werewolf, item sets, the new Dwemer motif, and quests.
Fixes & Improvements
- Flaming Oil will now only affect targets that are at least 6 meters below you; oil will no longer do any damage if used on the ground.
- You can no longer discover enemy wayshrines in Cyrodiil. If you had previously discovered enemy wayshrines, those wayshrines will be revoked.
- Fixed an issue where some sounds would erroneously play while you logged out of the game.
- Fixed an issue where sounds would stop playing after you fast travel to a new location or switch characters.
Art & Animation
- Forced the guards in Wayrest to put their clothes back on. City patrols will be a lot less awkward now.
Combat & Gameplay
- Reduced the amount of bonus damage provided by stealthed attacks against other player characters.
- Note that stealthed attacks are still always critical strikes that stun your target.
- If you have points in the following skills or skill lines, you will be receiving a skill point refund once Update 5 is published:
- Fixed an issue so you can no longer be knocked back and get stuck inside fixtures.
- Poison Arrow: Fixed an issue where this ability couldn't critical strike.
- Two Hand
- Momentum Heal: Fixed an issue where this ability wasn't able to critical strike.
- Fixed an issue where light attacks were getting desynced.
- Fixed an issue where light attacks were stopping werewolf ability animations from playing.
- Bleed damage on light attacks no longer has a delay, allowing you to now damage your enemy on every hit.
- Slightly increased the damage done by heavy attacks.
- Reduced the duration of the werewolf Ultimate.
- You can now sprint on all fours without sheathing your claws.
- Claws of Anguish (Infectious Claws morph): This ability now decreases enemy healing by 40% instead of 33%.
- Claws of Life (Infectious Claws morph): This ability now heals for 50% of damage caused instead of 33%.
- Feeding Frenzy: Fixed an issue where this synergy couldn't be used by werewolves.
- Hircine's Bounty: Increased the heal from this ability by approximately 30%. We also fixed an issue where this ability couldn't be a critical strike.
- Infectious Claws: Increased the damage over time from this ability by approximately 40%. We also reduced the initial damage from this ability by approximately 12%.
- Piercing Howl: Increased the damage of this ability by approximately 40%.
- Delve bosses no longer share a loot cooldown with quest or overland group bosses.
- Mantikora are no longer entirely immune to crowd control. They will still enrage and become immune to crowd control shortly after being subjected to a crowd control effect.
- Assassin Beetle
- Shadowstep no longer allows the Assassin Beetle to become permanently invisible.
- Bleed damage from Savage Blows can no longer be mitigated by blocking, though the initial blow may still be blocked.
- Storm Atronach
- Strike is no longer immediately followed by another attack.
Crafting & Economy
- Significantly increased the drop rate of Dwemer style chapters.
Dungeons & Group Content
- Accepting Undaunted Pledges will now reveal the pledge dungeon on the map.
- The Undaunted Enclave invitation will no longer be removed when accepting the Undaunted Pledge quest. It will now remove itself when you complete the quest.
- The Undaunted Enclave invitation cannot be used below level 45, and now indicates the level requirements to use it.
- Fixed an issue so dungeons will now only scale to Veteran Rank 12.
- Fixed an issue where Veteran dungeon bosses weren't dropping purple items.
- Fixed an issue in Arena 9 where monsters could sometimes get stuck in combat.
- Banished Cells
- Shadowrend's summoned Shadow Proxy will no longer award loot, XP, or personal validation.
- Wayrest Sewers
- Varaine Pellingare will now use his Smite ability regardless of what level he is.
- Veteran City of Ash
- You can now use the LFG tool to queue for Veteran City of Ash at Veteran Rank 1
- Platforms in the Valkyn Skoria fight will now reset after being destroyed if your group is defeated.
- You will no longer get stuck inside of the destructible platforms if you die and revive at the location of a destroyed platform during the Valkyn Skoria fight.
- Return to Ash: You will no longer be able to interact with Wanda the bear since she had nothing to say, anyway.
- Veteran Darkshade Caverns
- The quest for this dungeon will now be properly offered to everyone when one member from the group accepts it.
- Veteran Spindleclutch
- All captives in the boss fight with Vorenor Winterbourne will now have the proper amount of health.
- Increased the amount of Soul Reservoirs you begin with to 72 from 36.
- Sanctum Ophidia
- The Serpent's Image will no longer attack you immediately upon entering the portal created by the Possessed Mantikora.
- Lamia Footsoldiers and Lamia Hurlers will now attack you after they emerge from their hideaways.
Exploration & Itemization
- Repeatable quests associated with a POI will no longer grant XP or other rewards for completing that POI every time you complete the quest, only the first time the POI is completed.
- Fixed an issue with the Auridon Blacksmith Survey Report which was causing it to appear inverted.
- Fixed an issue where you could crash while fishing.
- All spider monsters in Veteran Fungal Grotto will now correctly give credit towards the Veteran Arachnid Slayer achievement.
- Fixed an issue where Cyrodiil Elite Gear Vendors weren't selling jewelry for some sets.
- Fixed an issue where repeatable quest rewards in Lower Craglorn were not giving items for player characters Veteran Rank 12 and above.
- Added the item “Shoes of Adroitness” to drop from the Spider Daedra boss in the dungeon Crypt of Hearts so there are now 5 pieces of the set that drop.
- Fixed an issue if you had a food buff, the eating animation would replay when logging back in or changing zones.
- Maw of the Infernal: Fixed an issue where you could talk to the Daedroth summoned by this item set. We also fixed an issue where a Daedroth would summon after every attack.
- Created new, more powerful versions of the Celestial Set that drop in Sanctum Ophidia:
- Infallible Mage
- 2 Piece Bonus: Adds spell critical strike
- 3 Piece Bonus: Heavy attacks reduce enemy armor and spell resistance
- 4 Piece Bonus: Adds spell damage
- 5 Piece Bonus: Adds spell critical strike, and adds bonus damage to heavy attacks
- Vicious Serpent
- 2 Piece: Adds weapon critical strike
- 3 Piece: Reduces stamina cost of abilities, and when you kill an enemy you will gain movement speed
- 4 Piece: Adds weapon critical strike
- 5 Piece: Adds weapon damage, and allows you to gain stamina when killing an enemy
- Eternal Warrior
- 2 Piece: Increases healing received
- 3 Piece: Turns you into statue upon death with a 20 minute cooldown
- 4 Piece: Increases healing received
- 5 Piece: Increases maximum health
- 5 Piece: Gain Ultimate after turning into a statue
- Infallible Mage
- Updated the drop rates for the Undaunted item set so you have an equal chance of getting an item from any of the three sets.
- Nightflame: Fixed an issue where this item set didn't have any icons.
- Twice-Born Star: Fixed an issue with this item set where weapon swapping would remove the second Mundus Stone buff.
- Fixed an issue where the game would occasionally crash when you would fast travel to other player characters.
- Fixed an issue with the Veteran Rank 12 template where you were receiving Veteran Rank 14 rings for the Mage, Warrior, and Serpent item sets.
- Urenenya's Lament
- Fixed an issue with the centurion boss for this quest so it will no longer get stuck while walking around. If there's a situation where the boss does still get stuck, he will now respawn quicker.
- Fixed an issue with the smashing of the soul gem so it doesn't use an in appropriate fire effect.
- Vanus Unleashed: Unlocking the seals can now be shared amongst your group members.
- Wounds in the World: The quest step to kill the watchers can now be shared amongst your group members.
- The Seal of Three: Fixed an issue that could cause you to be reverted back to a previous quest step within the instance and be unable to complete the quest without completely resetting the instance.
- Taleon's Crag: Egg-Eater's health bar is now properly setup to reflect her boss status.
- Gods Save the King: There is now a proper area map pin for the quest step Free the Fractured Spirit of Jorunn while in Mistwatch Crevasse.
- Merriment and Mystery: Fixed an issue where you could not interact with the rock that you place the leftovers on.
- Fixed an issue with the conversation with Sugar-Claws when leaving the island so you are not missing the option to leave under specific circumstances.
- God of Schemes:
- The gauntlet monsters will now properly attack you once you are within sight range.
- Fixed an issue where some Daedric Titans that had problems with commitment no longer zip in and out of battle, and have been removed from the gauntlet encounter.
- Adjusted how Prince Naemon is freed from his prison.
- Faolchu will no longer howl in mid-conversation (how rude!) and he is now slightly easier to defeat.
- The Redguard Spirit that spawns when you free Septima Tharn will once again properly walk towards her.
- The Titan outside the front gate of Heart's Grief now has a proper name.
- Meridia no longer spawns too early in the aftermath of the battle.
- Reduced the difficulty of a few monsters in the outer courtyard just as you enter the instance.
- Concealed Weapons: Aera Earth-Turner will once again appear on the quest step to talk to her near the end of the quest.