Online:March of Sacrifices
- For an Oblivion realm, Lord Hircine's plane of The Hunting Grounds, a vast wilderness of forest, meadow, and mountain, is almost familiar to those Tamrielic mortals who find their way there. Almost familiar, but not quite.
|Drowned Coast, Greenshade|
|The Hunting Grounds (entrance southwest of Serpent's Grotto)|
- March of Sacrifices Objective: Investigate March of Sacrifices.
- The Great Hunt: Conquer the March of Sacrifices and emerge victorious in the Great Hunt.
- Pledge: March of Sacrifices: Prove you are truly Undaunted by clearing the March of Sacrifices.
- Dreyen Gilvani
- Hanu (Quest Giver)
- Harik Bearfang
- Dagrund the Bulky
- Maveld Bearfang
- Ronela Giroux
- Bloodscent Archers
- Bloodscent Assassins
- Bloodscent Guardians
- Moon Hunter Brawler
- Moon Hunter Caster
- Frost Lurchers
- Sea Lurchers
- Budding Lurcher
- Autumn Lurcher
- Wyress Rangifer, Wyress Strigidae, Wyress Ursus
- Aghaedh of the Solstice
- Tarcyr's thralls - Bearfang Hunters and Dagrund the Bulky
- Following lorebooks can be found inside the dungeon: A Boon for the Tribe, An Unusual Hare, Balorgh's Plan, Concerning Balorgh, Letter to Balorgh, The Glory of the Hunt, and The Huntsman Prince.
The Great Indrik Hunt
Throughout the dungeon are three hidden Golden Indrik who, if defeated, will each grant the group a unique boon. These boons offer bonuses that can help overcome the mechanics of later boss battles.
In order to find a Golden Indrik, you first need to find three mysterious plants or items dotted around the dungeon. When near the item, you will hear a low, pulsing chime. Activating the mysterious item will spawn a Hunting Wisp. Follow the wisp and it will take you to an opening, which leads to a stealth section. Continue following the wisp and activate the synergy to reveal a Golden Indrik. Once it is defeated, your group will gain the boon.
Boon of Ferocity
The first item will either be a "Mysterious Brush" found near the village area after the Wyress Sisters or a "Mysterious Backpack" within one of the houses, which glows with a blue light. Its Indrik will grant the Boon of Ferocity:
- Weapon Damage and Spell Damage increased by 275
- As a Werewolf your Weapon Damage and Spell Damage is increased by 375
Boon of Prowling
The second is "Mysterious Dirt" and is found in the wispmother forest area, after Aghaedh of the Solstice. Its Indrik will grant the Boon of Prowling:
- Ignore the Movement Speed penalty while in Crouch
- Decreases the time it takes to Crouch by 50%
- Movement while in stealth no longer costs Stamina
- Werewolves gain immunity to Indrik's teleportation magic and can interact with Hunting Wisps.
Boon of Hardiness
The third is shortly after Tarcyr, but before the final boss. Its Indrik will grant the Boon of Hardiness:
- Maximum Health increased by 2500 and reduces your damage taken by 5%
- While in Werewolf form, Maximum Health increased by 4000 and reduces your damage taken by 10%
The first boss of this dungeon is a group of three sisters. The primary mechanic in this fight is keeping the three sisters apart from each other and adopting a divide-and-conquer approach. Each sister is surrounded by a colored aura that grants them a unique buff. However the aura also acts as an AoE, meaning the sisters can grant each other their buffs if they are in close proximity.
- Wyress Rangifer (Healer)
- Wyress Rangifer serves as the healer of the group and is surrounded by a yellow aura. Her AoE buff grants increased healing to her nearby sisters.
- She may also use a healing beam that tethers to her sisters and a ground AoE healing effect.
- Wyress Strigidae (Archer)
- Wyress Strigidae is the archer of the group and is surrounded by a blue aura. Her AoE aura debuffs players with the Silence effect, which blocks magic abilities, ultimates and synergies. Her arsenal includes a channeled Snipe attack which inflicts massive damage unless it is interrupted or blocked. She may also occasionally teleport strike a random player.
- Wyress Ursus (Sword and Shield)
- Wyress Ursus serves as the tank of the group and is surrounded by a green aura. Her AoE buff grants increased resistances to her nearby sisters. Her arsenal includes a channeled heavy attack which inflicts massive damage unless it is interrupted or blocked. She may also occasionally charge at a player, knocking them back and doing moderate damage to them.
When one sister is killed, an animal aspect of them will spawn with her aura still in effect. The animal aspects will gravitate towards their closest living sister and grant that sister the buff.
Aghaedh of the Solstice
Dagrund the Bulky
The primary mechanic of this fight is a "hunting phase" that is interjected thoughtout the battle. This phase requires the players to break the stealth mode of the boss so it can be attacked. This phase occurs at the start of the battle and when the boss' health percentage falls to 80%, 55% and finally 20%.
When first entering the arena, a heavy fog will be flowing all around you and the boss will be completely hidden. The group is required to crouch into stealth mode in order to proceed. Failure to enter stealth mode or having your stealth interrupted by one of the roaming phantom idrik will cause you to teleported into the air, resulting in a short fall the inflicts fall damage. Failure to maintain stealth three times in a single hunting phase will result in a fatal drop.
During the hunting phase a friendly wisp will be roaming around the arena. When the wisp lands at a location, it'll emit a green AoE around it. Players must go to that wisp and activate the Synergy prompt. This must be done three times for each phase. The third synergy activation will reveal the boss so that it may be attacked as normal.
Every additional hunting phase will result in more varied threats. Stampeding Indrik, frost AoE's, fire projectiles and a frost AOE that spawns on two random players and sticks on them.
There are two primary mechanics in this battle. Continually moving the fight between the shallow water and small islands, and overcoming a fog phase where the boss becomes enraged.
During the battle, Balorgh's ground slam that will cause poisonous spores to spawn on the three islands, which causes AoE damage and forces the group to move the fight into the water. Balorgh will later activate his lightning attack that will electrify the water, forcing the fight onto the islands. This back-and-forth positioning will persist throughout the fight.
Later in the battle, the arena will be covered in a dark swirling fog and a random player will receive a special AoE under their feet. This AoE mark makes them the primary target of the now-enraged Balorgh. A blue pillar of light will spawn somewhere in the arena a few seconds after the initial fog appears. The targeted player must kite the boss through the blue pillar of light in order to dissipate the fog and deactivate Balorgh's enraged mode.
During the fog phase, several wolves will spawn. The longer the fog phase lasts, the more wolves will spawn. Of note is that these wolves inflict a powerful and uncleansable snare which can severely slow players down and make it more difficult to reach the blue pillar of light.
|Set Name||Bonuses||Location(s)||Set Type|
2 items: Adds 1-129 Magicka Recovery
|March of Sacrifices||Light Armor|
2 items: Adds 1-129 Weapon Damage
|March of Sacrifices||Medium Armor|
|Haven of Ursus||
2 items: Adds 14-1206 Maximum Health
|March of Sacrifices||Heavy Armor|
1 item: Adds 1-129 Weapon Damage
|March of Sacrifices||Monster Helm Sets|
There are several achievements associated with this dungeon:
|Wolfhunter Explorer||5||Enter either Moon Hunter Keep or March of Sacrifices for the first time.|
|||Wolfhunter Delver||50||Complete Veteran Moon Hunter Keep and Veteran March of Sacrifices.|
|March of Sacrifices Challenger||50||Complete the listed achievements for Veteran March of Sacrifices.|
|March of Sacrifices Conqueror||10||Defeat the Wyrd Sisters, Aghaedh of the Solstice, Dagrund the Bulky, Tarcyr, and Balorgh in Veteran March of Sacrifices.|
|Hircine's Champion||50||Defeat Balorgh after desecrating the Moon Hunter Pack's banner and driving him into a murderous rage in Veteran March of Sacrifices.|
|Survival of the Fittest||50||Defeat all encounters in addition to the Wyrd Sisters, Aghaedh of the Solstice, Dagrund the Bulky, Tarcyr, and Balorgh in Veteran March of Sacrifices without suffering a group member death.|
|Pure Instinct||50||Defeat all encounters in addition to the Wyrd Sisters, Aghaedh of the Solstice, Dagrund the Bulky, Tarcyr, and Balorgh in Veteran March of Sacrifices in under 30 minutes. Timer starts when players jump or teleport into Bloodscent Pass.|
|March of Sacrifices Vanquisher||10||Defeat the Wyrd Sisters, Aghaedh of the Solstice, Dagrund the Bulky, Tarcyr, and Balorgh in March of Sacrifices.|
|The Great Indrik Hunt||5||Complete all three Golden Indrik Hunts and gain their boons within March of Sacrifices.|
|Apex Predator||50||Defeat all encounters in addition to the Wyrd Sisters, Aghaedh of the Solstice, Dagrund the Bulky, Tarcyr, and Balorgh after desecrating the Moon Hunter Pack's Banner in Veteran March of Sacrifices within 30 minutes without suffering a group member death.|
|||Seasonal Slaying||5||Defeat Aghaedh of the Solstice while making sure to defeat all of her Lurchers within their primary season in Veteran March of Sacrifices.|
|||Light on Your Feet||5||Defeat Dagrund the Bulky while always dodging his Upheaval ability in Veteran March of Sacrifices.|
|||Mist Walker||5||Defeat Tarcyr without the indrik teleporting any group members during its Shrouding Mist ability in Veteran March of Sacrifices.|
|||Trick and Trap||5||Lead Balorgh into Tharas' Trap 10 times in Veteran March of Sacrifices.|
|Veteran Bloodscent Slayer||10||Defeat 300 Bloodscent Guardians, Bloodscent Archers, Bloodscent Assassins, and Bloodscent Thundermauls in Veteran March of Sacrifices.|
|Veteran Wispmother Slayer||10||Defeat 50 Wispmothers in Veteran March of Sacrifices.|
|||Stalwart Sisterhood||10||Defeat the Wyrd Sisters while preventing them from ever using their auras to augment each other in Veteran March of Sacrifices.|
|||Element of Surprise||10||Defeat Balorgh while avoiding both Lightning Water and Poison Plants in Veteran March of Sacrifices.|
|||Perfect Hunt||10||Defeat Balorgh after desecrating the Moon Hunter Pack's banner and without being hit by his Fire Remnant ability for the duration of the encounter in Veteran March of Sacrifices.|