The UESPWiki – Your source for The Elder Scrolls since 1995
Stranglers are dangerous plantlike creatures found mainly in Valenwood and Shadowfen.
Skills and Abilities
Stranglers are rooted to the ground, and any abilities that knock back or pull targets will be ineffective on them.
- A basic melee attack that does minor physical damage.
- A basic ranged attack that does minor poison damage.
- The strangler will pull the player towards it. This ability is only used if the player is far away from the strangler.
- The strangler will drain the player's blood, dealing moderate physical damage over time. This attack can be interrupted to set the strangler off balance.
- Poisoned Ground
- The strangler sends out roots to lash at the player. This attack does moderate poison damage as indicated by a red circle.
- Wilderness of Grahtwood, Greenshade, Malabal Tor, and Shadowfen
- Coldharbour, on the Moonless Walk
- Marshes near Haven
- Blackvine Strangler, the boss of Black Vine Ruins
- Bloodroot, a group boss found inside Toothmaul Gully
- Bone Grappler, one of two giant stranglers found at Bone Grappler's Nest
- Chokethorn, a boss found in normal Elden Hollow I
- Dirge of Thorns, a strangler found at Deathsong Cleft
- The Eldest, the oldest strangler in all of Valenwood, and has recently been corrupted by the Servant of Naemon
- Gentle-Blossom, a strangler found near Stranglewatch
- Ironlash, a boss of Bloodmayne Cave
- Marrow Feeder, one of two giant stranglers found at Bone Grappler's Nest