|Location||March of Sacrifices|
16839866272440 (As Werewolf)
|Reaction||Varies (Friendly, Hostile)|
|Faction(s)||Moon Hunter Pack|
Balorgh is an Orc werewolf Behemoth who can be found in the March of Sacrifices. He is the leader of one of the groups that are competing in Hircine's Great Hunt. Strangely, he does not seem to hold the Daedric Prince in much esteem but he is willing to play along out of necessity. According to a letter, he was originally entrusted with a mission by Vykosa to infiltrate the Hunting Grounds but some of his fellow pack-members worry that Balorgh is now pursuing his own goals.
Balorgh will watch your progress throughout the various parts of the March. After Tarcyr is killed, he will ambush your group, killing Hanu to take the heart for himself. Hircine denies his request for the boon as he didn't kill Tarcyr, and Balorgh negotiates that killing your group will be enough to earn the boon. At the end of the Nightlands, he transforms into a Werewolf Behemoth and serves as the final boss. Burning the Moon Hunter Pack banner will activate hardmode.
- The Great Hunt: Conquer the March of Sacrifices and emerge victorious in the Great Hunt.
Spells and Abilities
- Hunting Party
- He summons his Dire Wolves and goes into a red rage, becoming more powerful until he can be led into a trap.
- Slaughtering Strike
- Occurs during fog phase when Balorgh targets you and you failed to lead him to Tharas' trap in time.
- Venom Slam
- Balorgh's Venom Slam ability activates poisonous plants. Avoid standing near the plants while they are active.
- Venomous Spores
- Avoid the plants that Balorgh spawns on dry land. Their aoes will choke you out.
- Icy Roar
- Frost attack.
- A powerful melee attack, Balorgh bites a target, dealing a fair amount of damage
- Balorgh uses his claws to slash targets
- Fiery Charge
- Balorgh's Fiery Charge ends with an explosion. A well-timed Dodge Roll can avoid this damage.
- Fiery Eruption
- This is the explosion. Roll dodge to avoid it.
- Thunder Stomp
- Balorgh's Thunder Stomp ability charges surrounding water with electricity. Avoid this water while it is charged.
The Great Hunt
Upon entering the March of Sacrifices, you'll witness the following scene:
- Hircine: "My boon shall be given to the hunter who brings me the heart of Tarcyr. But know this. Only the strong survive my March of Sacrifices."
- Balorgh: "Yeah, yeah, you walking flank steak. We get it."
- Foral: "You would do well not to mock the Huntsman in his own realm, leaf-eater."
- Balorgh: "That so? Well, I'd worry more about yourself and less about your precious Prince, runt."
After which, you'll be able to speak to him directly:
- "Well, well, well. Looks like another hunter has entered into the competition. Though I suppose a boon from Hircine himself would bring in a big crowd.
- I'm just not sure why you're coming around for a little chat."
- What do you mean?
- "This Great Hunt isn't going to be a Sundas stroll, that's all.
- I wouldn't waste my time getting friendly with the competition, if I were you. It's not like that tusking stag up there is going to care if we play dirty."
- You don't seem to have a high opinion of Hircine.
- "Balorgh kneels for no one, be they Divine or Daedric Prince.
- I'm here for one thing, and that's power. If I have to play Hircine's little game to get that? So be it. But I won't be kissing his hairy arse along the way."
When you fall into a hole and find yourself trapped with Aghaedh of the Solstice, Balorgh reveals himself to have been watching your progress.
- Balorgh: "Took a bit of a tumble, huh?"
- Hanu: "Come on, we have to follow that wisp!"
- <Balorgh appears>
- Balorgh: "That creature you're chasing looks mighty useful. Want to give your old pal Balorgh a turn with it?"
- Hanu: "What, team up with you? Just so you can shove a dagger in my back?"
- Balorgh: "Ha! Don't you know? It's hunt or be hunted within the March of Sacrifices! And I've already picked up your scent, lass."
Once Tarcyr is dead and his heart is retrieved, Balorgh will ambush the group with his fellow Moonhunter Werewolf Pack Mates and take the heart for himself.
- Balorgh: "Did you really think victory would be so easy?"
- "I told you, lass. Here, it's hunt...or be hunted."
- <Kills Hanu.>
- Tharas: "Hanu! No!"
While hunting down Balorgh, you will hear him have a conversation with Hircine.
- Balorgh: "What do you mean? I've brought you the heart!"
- Hircine: "Yes, but you were not the one to hunt my Hare. Why should I grant you this favor?"
- Balorgh: "You want a hunt? Fine! I'll hunt down the ones who killed that beast in the first place!"
- Hircine: "Intriguing. Very well. Bring me their hearts, and the boon is yours."
When he finally tracked down he will transform into his werewolf behemoth form.
- Balorgh: "So kind of you to pay me a visit. Saves me the trouble of hunting you down!"
- <Transforms into a massive werewolf.>
- Balorgh: "Make sure to give Hircine a good show now!"
- Balorgh: "Let's finish this hunt!"
Throughout the fight he will say various things.
- Balorgh: "I'll choke you all out!" (During venomous plant attack?)
- Balorgh: "Feel venom's sting!" (Venomous plant attack.)
- Balorgh: "I'll burn you to a crisp!" (During fire attack)
- Balorgh: "Even lightning obeys me now!" (Lightning attack)
- Fog phase - Balorgh gets trapped.
- Balorgh: "How dare you use such petty tricks!"
- "You think you can trap me?"
- "Your feeble tricks won't stop me!"
- Fog phase - Balorgh tracking down group members
- Balorgh: "I'll shred you to pieces!"
- "Feel my claws!"