|This article could benefit from an image.
See Help:Images for information on how to upload images. Please remove this template from the page when finished.
|Line||One Hand and Shield|
|Line Rank||14||Cost||4320 Stamina|
|Cast Time||Instant||Duration||6 seconds|
While slotted, you reduce the cost of block and increase the amount of damage you can block.
Projectiles that are absorbed by the damage shield heal you, rather than reflect.
- Defensive Posture: Bolster your defenses, gaining a damage shield that absorbs up to [4800 / 4852 / 4905 / 4958] damage for 6 seconds. This portion of the ability scales off your Max Health. You reflect the next harmful Direct Damage projectile cast at you. This effect can occur once per cast.
- Defensive Stance: Bolster your defenses, gaining a damage shield that absorbs up to 4958 damage for 6 seconds. This portion of the ability scales off your Max Health. You reflect the next harmful Direct Damage projectile cast at you. This effect can occur once per cast. While you have a shield equipped, the amount of damage you can block is increased by [7 / 8 / 9 / 10]% and the cost of blocking is reduced by [7 / 8 / 9 / 10]%.
- Absorb Missile: Bolster your defenses, absorbing up to 4958 damage for 6 seconds. While the shield persists, you are healed for [2479 / 2506 / 2533 / 2560] the next time a harmful Direct Damage projectile hits you. This effect can occur once per cast. This ability scales off your Max Health.
Defensive Posture reflects the next spell projectile back to the caster. While slotted, it provides a passive bonus of increased block effectiveness and reduced block cost. The Defensive Stance will cause the target to be stunned in addition to taking damage, while Absorb Magic will restore your Health instead of reflecting the projectile.
- This skill only protects you from magical projectiles. Physical Damage projectiles such as arrows or thrown daggers are unaffected.
- Absorb Magic is a recommended morph for the Stoneskin Dragon, Living Shadow, and Guardian of the Wild builds.
- The Defensive Position set from Asylum Sanctorium will restore some Magicka when you absorb a projectile with this ability, or more if the ability expires without absorbing a projectile.