- Receive a letter from a vampire of your bloodline.
- Meet and speak to this vampire.
- Escort the vampire to where a second vampire is waiting.
- Deal with a mage intent on destroying you both.
- Bring your companion to the second vampire within the time limit.
A Vampire in Trouble
When your services are required again, you are approached by a courier:
- A pale, fierce-eyed boy hands you a letter and then disappears into the shadows.
Check your inventory to find the letter, which reads:
- Dear (player's name),
- (Bloodline) need you.
- Come immediately.
- Yours in Death,
- (First vampire)
Head to the town and enter the building named in the letter. Find and speak to the vampire within, who greets you:
- "Thank you for coming so promptly. There is a dangerous enemy of our tribe here in (region), a mage called (mage's name). I myself had an unfortunate meeting with (him/her). It is imperative that I speak with (second vampire) over in (second town) about this matter, but I know that (mage's name) is looking for me. I am too weak to make the journey myself. You must escort me to (second building) in (second town), and we must hurry before the devil mage brings in more allies. (Time limit) nights, (player's first name). It isn't long, but we must try."
Escort the Vampire
With the vampire in tow, travel to the second town. Ask around to find the location of the second vampire and head there. Take care, for as soon as you begin escorting your "family" member, a contingent of mages may show up to attack you both. As soon as you injure one of these mages, no further mages will appear. The first time you hit one of these mages, you will hear:
- "A bloodsucker with some sting left. This ought to make things more interesting!"
If you kill the mage, the vampire you are escorting will congratulate you:
- "(Player's first name)!" says (first vampire), "You have slain (mage's name), the scourge of (bloodline)!"
Resume you journey and deliver the vampire to the destination. Speak to the second vampire to complete the quest.
When you speak to the vampire at your destination, you will hear:
- "It is not an easy thing for one of our kind to travel. With the added of (first vampire), I can only imagine your tribulation. Add to it the terror of that venomous (mage's name), and I can see why (bloodline) speak so highly of you, good (player's first name)."
A successfully completed quest results in a reputation gain according to the table below.
A failed quest results in a reputation loss according to the table below.
(Allies/Enemies affiliations for listed factions are not considered.)
The Vampire Bloodline will always be the dominant bloodline of the region were the quest takes places.
- 5x One Mage every fifteen in-game minutes (50% chance) after you have spoken to the first vampire and you have not attacked any of the mages that appear
- The destination where the second vampire can be found may display as the name of a vampire bloodline instead of a building.[verification needed — unless this is intended]
After you have accepted this quest, NPCs may say when asked for any news:
- "(Mage's name) is the only decent vampire-hunter left in (region), according to some."
- "(Mage's name) could give most vampires a decent fight."
If you fail the quest, NPCs may say when asked for any news:
- "Some (second vampire's description) in (second building) was looking for a (player's race) named (player's name)."
If you successfully complete the quest, NPCs may say when asked for any news:
- "(Mage's name) apparently isn't the vampire-hunter (he/she) claims to be."
- "(Mage's name) was supposed to be a great vampire-hunter. Guess (he/she) wasn't so great."
|The Chaperone (p0b10l10)|
|Finishes Quest||Journal Entry|
|0||(Date): I have received a letter from (first vampire), a vampire of (bloodline) urgently requesting my presence in (town) at a place called (building).|
|1||(Date): I am escorting (first vampire) to (second vampire) in (second town). I must make it to (second building) before the mage who is stalking us has a chance to call reinforcements.|