The King of Worms (formerly the mad sorcerer Mannimarco) is the leader of the mysterious Necromancers, and an archnecromancer in his own right. According to common rumor, he is thousands of years old and not aging at all, suggesting he is as undead as the legions he commands. The King of Worms operates out of Scourg Barrow, an expansive crypt deep within the Dragontail Mountains. He is on good terms with Princess Morgiah of Wayrest and the bitter enemy of the Underking.
Due to his high age and dark magic, the King of Worms has knowledge of things that very few mortals know of. He knows for example, that Prince Karolis, the great-grandfather of the late King Camaron of Sentinel, roams the deeps of Castle Sentinel as a lich. He also knows the true identity of the Underking, but such information doesn't come without a steep price.
The King of Worms and his Necromancers are devoted to a singular cause. But despite horror stories to the contrary, no one knows what this cause may be. In truth, the King of Worms desires no less than to become a god. However, he needs outside help to achieve this goal...
- Morgiah's Wedding: The Princess of Wayrest grasps for power.
- Lich's Soul: The King of Worms needs your assistance to collect a soul.
- Lysandus' Revenge: Track down the traitor to the Empire.
- Who Gets the Totem: Let the bidding begin.
- The name Mannimarco first appears in the description of the Necromancer's Amulet.
- While Mannimarco and the King of Worms are both mentioned separately in Daggerfall, they are not identified as the same individual until Morrowind, in the book Where Were You When the Dragon Broke?
- Mannimarco's title in this book is "God of Worms", suggesting his goal has been achieved successfully.
- Mannimarco also appears in Oblivion and Elder Scrolls Online.