Reymon Ebonarm (also called Ebonarm or the Black Knight) is the God of War and the companion and protector of all warriors. He is said to ride a golden stallion named War Master, and is accompanied by a pair of huge ravens. Ebonarm's name refers to the ebony sword fused to his right arm, a result of the wounds he suffered in titanic battles of the past, and he is never seen without a full suit of ebony armor. He is described as bearded, tall and muscular, and as having flowing reddish blonde hair and steel blue eyes. Emblazoned on his ebony tower shield is the symbol of a red rose, a flower known for blooming on battlefields where he appears. According to legend, he appears on the field of battle to reconcile opposing sides and prevent bloodshed.
In the tale of King Edward, Ebonarm was the one who gave the mortal Sai the gift of immortality when he died in battle, in return for taking on the role of the God of Luck. Sai did Ebonarm's bidding for many years, but when he fell in love with a woman named Josea he became lax in his duty. A host of gods visited him, Ebonarm taking the form of a black knight, and demanded he leave his family. Ebonarm demanded he fix the problems he had caused staying in one area for too long, which took Sai one hundred and fifty years to do.
He is also an enemy of all of the Daedric Princes except Sheogorath, as well as the Temple of Stendarr and the Cabal, a subfaction of the Mages Guild. He is allied with none, although he does lead the Citadel of Ebonarm, consisting of mosques and a knightly order known as the Battlelords. Holy anvils dedicated to Ebonarm can be found throughout the Iliac Bay region, and most Fighters Guild guidhalls in the Alik'r Desert actually serve as mosques dedicated to him. Dunmer often swear upon the "soul of the Black Knight".
- All references to Ebonarm were removed from the book From The Memory Stone of Makela Leki in The Elder Scrolls Online, raising speculation that he may have been retconned out of existence. However, he was subsequently mentioned in the book The Light and the Dark, a Daggerfall book which was featured in the Staff of Hasedoki Creation for Skyrim Special Edition.
- Developer comments have suggested that Ebonarm is a Yokudan deity or group of dieties, and may simply be manifestations of the HoonDing which have subsequently individualized.[UOL 1]
- Early concept art for ESO's Celestial Warrior depicted him as Ebonarm. Although his identity was later changed, the final version of the character has heavy connections to Yokuda and the Ansei.
- For game-specific information, see the Daggerfall article.
- The Ebon Arm — Witten Rol
- Oelander's Hammer — Krowle
- King Edward, Part X
- Appearance in Daggerfall
- Events of Arena and Daggerfall
- Celestial Warrior's appearance in ESO
Note: the following references are not from official sources. They are included to provide a rounder background to this article, but may not reflect established lore.