- Talk to the Guildmagister at a Mages Guild hall.
- Travel to the city the Guildmagister mentioned.
- Enter the city's palace and kill the imp.
- Return to the Guildmagister within the time limit and collect your reward.
The Imp Who Would Be King
Speak to the Guildmagister, who says:
- "My name is (Guildmagister's name). We need someone to kill a rogue imp for us. Are you interested? The job does pay (random gold) gold."
The Guildmagister goes on:
- "Fine attitude (player's name). There is one thing I did not tell you. This imp was a familiar to a very high ranking mage. It seems the imp fell into an experimental spell and has been imbued with all manner of spell-like powers. You can find the creature at (palace) of (palace town). Apparently it thinks it is fit to rule. Do be careful (player's name). If you are not back within (time limit) days, we shall assume that you are dead."
The Guildmagister will answer with one of:
- "Too bad."
- "What a pity."
- "I see. Toddle off somewhere else then, (player's name)."
Storming the Palace
This quest is very simple. Travel to the given city, locate and enter the palace, then kill the imp. City palaces are frequently open from 10:00 to 18:00, though some are open at all hours.
Imps are not normally tough enemies, but this one can cast some additional spells compared to a standard imp: Invisibility, Shield, Spell Shield and Troll's Blood. However, even with these additional spells it should not be a difficult fight. For thieves, there are crates in the palace filled with paintings that have some value.
Report back to the Guildmagister within the time limit and receive your reward. Once the imp has been taken care of, he says:
- "Tough little beggar, eh? Well you have certainly earned your pay."
A successfully completed quest results in a reputation gain according to the table below.
|The Mercenary Mages||+5|
A failed quest results in a reputation loss according to the table below.
(Allies/Enemies affiliations for listed factions are not considered.)
- Quest Target: One Imp
After you have accepted this quest, NPCs may say when asked for any news:
- "Something's going on at (palace) of (palace town). Something strange."
- "Everyone in (palace town) is wondering what's going on in (palace) there."
If you fail the quest, NPCs may say when asked for any news:
- "Some kind of creature flew out of (palace) of (palace town) and off to the south."
If you successfully complete the quest, NPCs may say when asked for any news:
- "Thank (random god) that (player's race) mercenary was in (palace town) to slay that imp."
- "That imp could've caused some damage in (palace town) if that (player's race) hadn't helped."
If you successfully complete the quest, the Guildmagister may later greet you with:
- "I haven't forgotten you, (player's first name). You're the (player's race) who slew that pesky imp."
If you failed the quest, the Guildmagister will greet you with:
- "(Palace town) was nearly destroyed by that imp, and you did nothing to help. That, to me, is quite despicable, (player's first name).
|Rogue Imp (n0b30y15)|
|Finishes Quest||Journal Entry|
|0||(Date): (Guildmagister's name) of the Mages Guild of (Guildmagister's town) has charged me with the duty of destroying a rogue imp. The beast is lurking in (palace) of (palace town). I have (time limit) days to succeed.|