Daggerfall:Retrieve an Ingredient
- Talk to the Guildmagister at a Mages Guild hall.
- Travel to the dungeon the Guildmagister mentions to you.
- Find the ingredient and return it to the Guildmagister within the time limit for your reward.
- Note: You can only receive this quest if you are a member of the Mages Guild. Non-members receive a similar but unrelated quest, namely Grab an Ingredient.
The Missing Ingredient
Speak to a Guildmagister, who says:
- "We need you to get a rare ingredient that is hidden away in a nearby dungeon. You will get a finder's fee of (random gold) gold pieces. Are you interested?"
- "One of our more brilliant students is absolutely mad for something called (ingredient), which we haven't had much call for before. Would you, if it's not too much of a bother, scurry on over to this particular locale and grab some for us?"
The Guildmagister goes on:
- "An excellent attitude (player's first name). You are looking for (ingredient), which can be found in (dungeon). You have (time limit) days to bring it back."
The Guildmagister answers:
- "Humph. I hope the next guild member is more helpful."
Recover the Reagent
This quest is a standard dungeon crawl. Travel to the dungeon the Guildmagister mentioned and find the ingredient within. When you have found the ingredient in question, you will get a notification when you pick it up:
- This looks like the (ingredient) (Guildmagister's name) wanted.
Bring it back to the Guildmagister and collect your reward.
Upon returning the ingredient to the Guildmagister, he or she will say:
- "I suppose this will do. Couldn't you have brought back a fresher sample? The quality of guild members just isn't what it used to be. Well, here is your finder's fee, (player's first name)."
If you fail to return to the Guildmagister with the ingredient in time, a notification appears:
- You suddenly remember that (Guildmagister's name) had asked you to bring him a (ingredient) by today. (He/She) will no doubt be disappointed.
If you found the ingredient but fail to deliver it before the time limit expires, you may keep it, although it will probably be a low value specimen.
A successfully completed quest results in a reputation gain according to the table below.
|The Mercenary Mages||+5|
A failed quest results in a reputation loss according to the table below.
(Allies/Enemies affiliations for listed factions are not considered.)
- Random dungeon monsters
After you have accepted this quest and after successfully completing it, NPCs may say when asked for any news:
- "I got a boil the other day ... but it healed."
- "I just had a three hour conversation about the weather."
- "The weather is pretty usual for this time of year."
- "It seems a trifle coolish in (current locale) for this time of year."
- "It sure is a lot warmer today than this time last year."
- "My great aunt is going to a specialist across the Bay."
- "It's always funny what time it gets dark around here."
- "We should erect a war statue around here."
- "The kids these days with their magic. (Oath), I don't know."
- "I had the weirdest dream last night."
- "I heard a great joke. (Joke)"
- "(Joke) Actually, that's a joke."
- "(Joke) Can you explain that to me?"
- "The legal system in (region) has it good points and bad ones."
If you fail the quest, NPCs may say when asked for any news:
- "(Guildmagister's name) has been complaining about the quality of Mages Guildmembers."
If you successfully complete the quest, the quest giver may later greet you with:
- "Well, after getting that (ingredient), how can I not be happy to see you?"
If you failed the quest, the quest giver will greet you with:
- "We really needed that (ingredient). I guess we know better now than to trust you with any important assignment."
|Retrieve an Ingredient (n0b00y04)|
|Finishes Quest||Journal Entry|
|0||(Date): I was asked to find a sample of (ingredient) that is supposed to be hidden away in (dungeon). (Guildmagister's name) of the Mages Guild of (town) gave me (time limit) days to get it back to (him/her).|