Daggerfall:Grab an Ingredient
- Talk to the Guildmagister at a Mages Guild hall.
- Head to the dungeon the Guildmagister mentioned.
- Find and retrieve the ingredient you are searching for.
- Bring the ingredient back to the Guildmagister within the time limit.
- Note: You can only receive this quest if you are not a member of the Mages Guild. Members receive a similar but unrelated quest, namely Retrieve an Ingredient.
The Guildmagister says:
- "I am (Guildmagister's name). As a rule, only guild members are paid for work. However, I do have a small task that needs to be done. If you were to do it for free, I would put in a good word for you with the guild. Are you willing?"
- "I am (Guildmagister's name). Guild work for guild members only. However, I do have a small job that nobody else is willing to do. One of our more eccentric masters is absolutely insistent we get her a sample of (ingredient), which we are fresh out of. If you got some for me, I would be very grateful. standing with the guild would surely improve."
The Guildmagister responds:
- "An excellent attitude (player's first name). I need some (ingredient). The only specimen I know of at the moment is to be found in (dungeon). You have (time limit) days to bring it back."
The Guildmagister answers:
Should have known. I am tired of this conversation (player's name). Good day.
Finding the Ingredient
This quest is one of many dungeon crawls in the game. Head to the dungeon the Guildmagister named and find the ingredient within. Once you have found it, pick it up and you will get a notification:
- This must be the (ingredient) (Guildmagister's name) asked you to find.
Bring the ingredient back to the Guildmagister in time and he will say:
- "I've seen better samples. Did you sit on it the whole way back? In any event, it will do. I'll make sure that you are spoken of with favor in the guild halls."
Although you won't get any material reward for your work, there is a 1/3 chance that the Guildmagister will give you a map to a random dungeon, in which case he will add:
- "As a special thanks from the Mages Guild, allow me to present you with this map to (dungeon name). I understand that people like you salivate over such things."
A successfully completed quest results in a reputation gain according to the table below.
|The Mercenary Mages||+5|
A failed quest results in a reputation loss according to the table below.
(Allies/Enemies affiliations for listed factions are not considered.)
- Random dungeon monsters
After you have accepted this quest, NPCs may say when asked for any news:
- "That crazy mage at the Guild insists that (dungeon) has the best (ingredient)"
Once the quest is over, NPCs may say when asked for any news:
- "I got a boil the other day ... but it healed."
- "I just had a three hour conversation about the weather."
- "The weather is pretty usual for this time of year."
- "It seems a trifle coolish in (current locale) for this time of year."
- "It sure is a lot warmer today than this time last year."
- "My great aunt is going to a specialist across the Bay."
- "It's always funny what time it gets dark around here."
- "We should erect a war statue around here."
- "The kids these days with their magic. (Oath), I don't know."
- "I had the weirdest dream last night."
- "I heard a great joke. (Joke)"
- "(Joke) Actually, that's a joke."
- "(Joke) Can you explain that to me?"
- "The legal system in (region) has it good points and bad ones."
If you successfully complete the quest, the quest giver may later greet you with:
- "I haven't forgotten you, (player's first name). You're the (player's race) who got the (ingredient)."
If you failed the quest, the quest giver will greet you with:
- "It wasn't a very difficult thing I asked you to do, (player's first name). Just get me some (ingredient). And you couldn't do that. Why should I waste my breath on you?"
|Grab an Ingredient (n0c00y11)|
|Finishes Quest||Journal Entry|
|0||(Date), I was asked to find a sample of (ingredient) that is supposed to be hidden away in (dungeon). (Guildmagister's name) of the Mages Guild of (town) gave me (time limit) days to get it back to (him/her).|