|This is an archive of past UESPWiki:Reference Desk discussions. Do not edit the contents of this page, except for maintenance such as updating links.|
- 1 College of Winterhold quests question
- 2 Bloodmoon Race Against the Clock Misson
- 3 Sulinus Vassinus Not selling spells.
- 4 Do you have an armour rating as a werewolf?
- 5 "A False Front" Having trouble finding the Stormcloak courier.
- 6 Skyrim: Dragons speech
- 7 Skyrim Pathways Leading to "Joining the Thieves Guild" / "A Chance Arrangement" Quest
- 8 Can't complete "Retrieval" mission for
- 9 Freebie Loot\Chests\Etc. & Oddities
- 10 dlc
- 11 Skyrim: Alto Wine Quest?
- 12 Skyrim: Do Not Delete item
- 13 skyrim graphics mod
- 14 Morrowind console commands
- 15 Purity Of Revenge
- 16 Console ID for silver weapons in skyrim?
- 17 How to find out the stats (health, magicka etc) of some NPC?
- 18 Sam Guevenne and any other NPC slight appearance change, new pictures?
- 19 NPC Bounty
- 20 Base Value Calculation
- 21 Question on Maps Skyrim, and DLC
College of Winterhold quests question
I have become the archmage of winterhold, yet the "visit the college of winterhold" misc quest is still on my list. Is there any way to eliminate/check off this quest? Does it affect anything if it remains "unfinished" in my misc quest list??184.108.40.206 21:55, 3 January 2012 (UTC)
- Just your sense of completion. Minor Edits 05:58, 4 January 2012 (UTC)
Bloodmoon Race Against the Clock Misson
I failed to get the report delivered to Carnius in time. I went back to Falco and he fired me for not delivering the report on time. I checked my stock certificate with Carnius afterward and he said that it was no longer valid since I wasn’t an employee anymore. I left and spent about 200 game days doing other things until I looked up the console commands on line. I used the following commands:
StopScript, ColonyReportTimer Journal, CO_9, 50 PCClearExpelled, "East Empire Company" from this link http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Bloodmoon:Race_Against_the_Clock
My journal updated to having delivered the report on time and my stock certifiacte has value again, but Falco still says that I am expelled and he won’t give me any more assignments or re-hire me Is there anything I can do at this point, or is it too late ? Seamus322 17:21, 6 January 2012 (UTC)
- Have you used a console command to add yourself to the faction again? Vely►Talk►Email 16:41, 20 June 2012 (UTC)
Sulinus Vassinus Not selling spells.
I need a spell that only Sulinus Vassinus sells (as far as I know) and when I visit the mages guild and speak to him, he doesn't have any spells to sell, only the regular "rumors" option. I am playing on a PS3 and have finished the mages guild quest to get into the university. Please help I need a Damage Magicka "on Target" for one of the quest and don't know of anyone else who sells this.
- Try him at these times: 9am-12pm, 2pm-6pm, 8pm-2am. he dshould sell spells and offer training at any of those times, provided he is not eating or sleeping. What quest do you need it for?RIM 15:18, 8 January 2012 (UTC)
Do you have an armour rating as a werewolf?
Whilst in beast form as a werewolf I understand that you automatically unequip all items, does this mean that as a werewolf you have no armour rating? — Unsigned comment by 220.127.116.11 (talk) at 23:14 on 9 January 2012
- That would be correct--Grim765 06:13, 19 June 2012 (UTC)
- Actually,before the patch,you are technicaly wearing light armor,as all the light armor perks still work.This is fixed by a patch though.--Skyrimplayer 22:26, 21 July 2012 (UTC)
"A False Front" Having trouble finding the Stormcloak courier.
After I went to Candlehearth Hall and got the innkeeper to tell me that the courier is out and will be back shortly. The quest waypoint then told me to wait outside the gate of Windhelm. I've waited, gone and done other quests, and traveled the road between Windhelm and The Nightgate Inn numerous times. I don't know what else to do. It's quite an important quest for me to do so any help would be great. I'm on the Xbox 360 by the way.
- Did you bribe, persuade, or intimidate the innkeeper? If not, your best bet is to wait at the inn. Vely►Talk►Email 16:41, 20 June 2012 (UTC)
Skyrim: Dragons speech
On all websites and forums I read, it says that most of the dragons speak during combat or otherwise, such as mirmulnir saying "Dovahkiin no!" during his death sequence. However, on all my saves they only roar incoherently. I have skyrim on PS3. Any help is appreciated. 23:21, 11 January 2012 (UTC)
Skyrim Pathways Leading to "Joining the Thieves Guild" / "A Chance Arrangement" Quest
Hi. In Skyrim: Is/are there a/any particular quest/quests in the Main Quest line (besides "A Cornered Rat"), that is/are designed to confront players with an opportunity take steps toward joining the Thieves Guild? And any other common ways that the Thieves Guild comes to players' attention (outside of the main quest)?
I'm working on revising the A Chance Arrangement quest, with the aim of inserting a section, "Obtaining the Quest", similar to that now appearing on the [Skyrim:Innocence_Lost|Innocence Lost]] quest page. (Comments on this idea are welcome.)
If anyone can contribute ways, especially common or typical ways, that players are likely to be led to joining the Thieves Guild, it would be helpful to my effort. So far, I have: 1) Contacting Brynjolf as quest objective in "A Cornered Rat"; 2) Finding an Unusual Gem; 3) Entering Riften by the main gate and then being approached by Maul; 4) Nearing Brynjolf in the Riften Marketplace by day or in the Bee and Barb by night (just nearing him, or requires speaking to him?). Any others? Thanks. --Jreynolds2Talk Contrib E-mail 06:42, 18 January 2012 (UTC)
- During the main quest you are asked to speak with Brynjolf. This will automatically start that quest line.--Grim765 06:15, 19 June 2012 (UTC)
Can't complete "Retrieval" mission for
I have been trying to do the "Retrieval" mission for the companions where you have to retrieve the fragment of Wuuthrad from a random location. My location was Fort Fellhammer. First of all, I didn't have a quest marker for this quest so I had to find the fort by complete coincidence. Once I found the fort, I cleared out all the enemy's and have now searched every square corner of the fort, and no fragment of Wuuthrad. This is incredibly aggrivating because the companions are the only quest line I have yet to beat, and I havnt been able to go any further due to this quest. Anyone have any ideas?
- Hi. First, a few "obvious" things. About the quest objective marker: 1) Are you sure that you had the quest toggled as "active" in your journal? 2) This page suggests that two pieces of Wuuthrad are in Jorrvaskr, and that the third is in a fixed location, Dustman's Cairn. The page may be mistaken, but these are things to check first. You may also want to look at this page. For all of these pages, check the main pages for "Notes" and "Bugs," and read through the discussion ("talk") tabs on each page. 3) If none of this is helpful, consider asking your question on the Skyrim help forum:  and/or post a message for me by replying below, or writing on my talk page. I would be happy to try to get more details from you and see if I can help you find a solution. --Jreynolds2Talk Contrib E-mail 07:34, 28 January 2012 (UTC)
Freebie Loot\Chests\Etc. & Oddities
Is there a page(s) for tracking Loot\Chests that are out in the open? I've been taking screenshots of the world map, local map & of the item(s)\chests themselves and am wondering if there is a place to put them on the wiki. I'm not referring to minor quest loot or easter eggs, but the kind of "Oh hey... look at what I found." For example, at the bottom of one of the falls beneath Nilheim just outside the one of the doors to Darkwater Pass there is a skeleton tied to a stone block with leveled loot (Weapon, Helm, Boots & a Shield) & a Knapsack. I've never seen anything reference this in game or on the wiki.
- I'm not sure about where that info goes, but you can add this to your list: a skeleton by a flag and a crate loaded with gold bars to your list. It also has an enchanted weapon lying around. You can find it way North of the Wreck of the Winter War. No screenshot because I'm on 360. • JATalk 21:33, 10 February 2012 (UTC)
- Anyone else found this on PC? I've been scouring the north for months with nothing. Hypnotist 19:01, 13 April 2012 (UTC)
are they gonna release a expansion like shivering isles for skyrim? i really dont like the medieval feel in skyrim and would prefer a pure fantasy feel like shivering isles. is there anyway i get talk to todd howard? P90 user 08:44, 17 February 2012 (UTC)
- Nothing has been totally confirmed, unless I missed something, but given past history I would say that there is almost certainly going to be an expansion released at some point. The DLCs that are coming out are supposed to be much bigger than the ones for Oblivion in any case. You could also get skyrim for PC and get mods if you're really stuck. RIM 11:38, 17 February 2012 (UTC)
- From what was said before release, it seems like they will be avoiding actual expansion packs and instead settling for FO3-esque DLC. --Legoless 23:24, 18 February 2012 (UTC)
When ////is the dlc for skyrim going to be released to ps3?
Skyrim: Alto Wine Quest?
Hello, I'm baffled by the fact that I can't remove or use Alto Wine in my inventory, as it is listed as a quest item when I try to do so. I can find no related quests in the wiki and I'm carrying all this useless dead weight for no apparent reason - did I miss something?? This happened fairly early on in the game. I have the PC version of Skyrim. Thanks for any ideas. Sheptapes18.104.22.168 21:55, 18 February 2012 (UTC)
- I say if the game screws you, screw it right back. You could use the Fortify Restoration exploit to create a ring or other item which extraordinarily increases your carry weight (assuming the latest patch hasn't nullified it). Of course, since you're on PC, there's probably a Console command that could help you. Minor EditsThreats•Evidence 22:00, 18 February 2012 (UTC)
- While I haven't done any real testing, I'm pretty sure it is part of the A Night To Remember quest. I had the same problem with Alto Wine (& Giant Toes) in my first run though. When I finished this quest, I found I could dump them from inventory. Check and see if you have this quest in your journal. If you do, try to finish it & see if you can dump them. Hypnotist 23:24, 18 February 2012 (UTC)
Yes, that's exactly what it was. A Night to Remember. I figured it out myself when I noticed that I also couldn't use Giant's Toe in Alchemy. Quest completed, and now I can use those items again. Thanks for the help.
I've noticed another odd bug - half the time when I'm in Whiterun, especially indoors, the perspective is from about three feet off the ground, like I've sunk into the floor. Happens mostly in Warmaiden's and Skybreeze. Not a big deal, just odd - it comes and goes. Sheptapes22.214.171.124 21:13, 20 February 2012 (UTC)
- Could be a clipping issue. The Unofficial Skyrim Patch fixed these things for me. Vely►Talk►Email 16:41, 20 June 2012 (UTC)
Skyrim: Do Not Delete item
I have found an item that looks like a chest and it is called Do Not Delete. I bought it in Whiterun from the alchemist store. Has anyone else seen this or heard of it? — Unsigned comment by Prof thunder (talk • contribs) at 05:45 on 22 February 2012
- Are you on the PC? • JATalk 06:11, 22 February 2012 (UTC)
- A Google search yields discussion about this. I'm running out the door right now, so until we have more info on it, the take-home message I got for now it that this is a software artifact, and it appears prudent to return it to the merchant immediately, or even better, reload a saved game before you took it. I did not search Bethesda for info on it yet. --JRTalk E-mail 06:27, 22 February 2012 (UTC)
skyrim graphics mod
is there any insanely detailed graphics mod thatll stress a gtx 680 (when it comes out)? P90 user 22:53, 7 March 2012 (UTC)
- Skyrim already looks good. My GTX 550 Ti's cooler is already blowing loud enough, so why would you need a graphics mod? — Unsigned comment by SFK363 (talk • contribs) on 24 April 2012
Morrowind console commands
- Try updating or changing the drivers for your keyboard. If you have an infrared devices, try removing them. If neither of those work, try a reinstall of Morrowind. Vely►Talk►Email 15:53, 20 June 2012 (UTC)
Purity Of Revenge
When finishing Blood's Honour and I return to Jorrvaskr, I am unable to continue on to Purity Of Revenge. Vilkas lets me know that he wants revenge for what happens however everytime I try and speak to him, he is busy eating or dealing with the injurred. The bug section on each question doesn't help me so I was wondering if anyone has experienced this and are able to help me get passed this problem as everytime I move towards Jorrvaskr, I am greeted by Aela the Huntress standing over Silverhand soldiers. Hence, I can't continue with any Totem quests.
126.96.36.199 09:00, 20 June 2012 (UTC)
Console ID for silver weapons in skyrim?
- Silver Sword (0010aa19) and Silver Greatsword (0010c6fb) These? — Kimi the Elf (talk | contribs) 21:15, 8 July 2012 (UTC)
How to find out the stats (health, magicka etc) of some NPC?
Unfortunately, on this site is not all stats of every NPC. So I wanted to ask, how to find it on the computer. May be there's some special programm?
PS Sorry for the mistakes if there are any... English is not my mother-tongue...Odaviing 17:29, 1 August 2012 (UTC)
- The Creation Kit would have that information. Or, if you want to dig through this mess, you can find all the NPC's stats and other stuff about them. Let me warn you ahead of time that this is a confusing page you're given, so you may or may not find the particular stuff you want. If there are other programs you can get, I am unaware of them. Hope that was helpful. Snowmane(talk•email) 17:35, 1 August 2012 (UTC)
- Wow! Thanks a lot! I didn't know that such base exists :D Odaviing 17:46, 1 August 2012 (UTC)
Sam Guevenne and any other NPC slight appearance change, new pictures?
I'm not sure if it's because of Dawnguard or Hearthfire but Sam Guevenne had his appearance changed. He's now wearing a Hooded Black Robe instead of an unhooded one. I'm not sure of other npc's who have had an appearance change ((other than all vampires now wear vampire robes/vampire armour instead of leather armour and black robes.)) And was just wondering if there will be updated pictures for them?--188.8.131.52 00:35, 12 September 2012 (GMT)
- It was neither. He has leveled clothing and it's just really rare to see. Nothing special. Also I have it on the ps3, so tell me was it Dawnguard or Hearthfire?--Br3admax (talk) 00:40, 12 September 2012 (GMT)
Some time ago, I hit a Solitude guard while controlling Noster Eagle-Eye via console commands for the purpose of acquiring bounty for him. My memory fails me at this point but I remember there being a new dialogue option for Noster, something about freeing him from prison... (He was at his usual place.) I can't replicate that again though. Does anyone have an idea what that might have been? Also, can NPCs get bounty like the player does? Roger (talk) 17:48, 25 November 2012 (GMT)
- To my knowledge, NPC's cannot get bounties in Skyrim, as they don't naturally commit crimes. Some NPC's in Oblivion with low responsibility would steal and get bounties themselves, but that can't happen in Skyrim. --][Respect the wind][ (talk) 18:01, 25 November 2012 (GMT)
- I've run into this again, forcing Noster to murder someone while some guards were watching. When that was over, a guard stood by him and he only offered lines such as "I can't believe I got caught.", "Well, this is a nice mess you've gotten me into." or "That could have turned out better." Additionally, he had a new dialogue option "Let's go. Let me worry about the guards." Selecting it made him say "Well, if you say so..." and got me bounty, as well as the guards proceeded to attack him. Roger (talk) 20:03, 29 November 2012 (GMT)
Base Value Calculation
What is the formula for the base value of an enchanted weapon? Take Nightingale Bow as an example. CK shows a value of 2500 for NightingaleBow05, while the article states 3405. I suppose the enchantment (EnchWeaponNightingaleBow05) adds to its value. But how is it calculated? Roger (talk) 20:59, 29 November 2012 (GMT)
- A bit about it can be found at this or this discussion. --Alfwyn (talk) 21:07, 29 November 2012 (GMT)
Question on Maps Skyrim, and DLC
Is there a Map of all resources that are used in crafting? I want to be able to find all the hot spots for ores, lumber, clay etc. Anything used in crafting include Alchemy items. 184.108.40.206 14:42, 5 December 2012 (GMT)
- I don't know of any such map. The UESP Skyrim Map shows locations of at least some ore veins, if you zoom in close enough. I don't know how complete it is, and I doubt it has lumber and clay, but I'm not sure. Until someone gives you a better answer, do you know that you can get pretty good information sort of step-by-step? For example, if you are looking for iron ore, you can go here and consult the table, then click on specific place pages for more detailed information on locations. You can find such pages by entering "skyrim:iron" (without quotes) into the search box. The same for alchemy ingredients. For example, if you are looking for canis root, searching for "Skyrim:canis root" will take you here, which contains pretty good information on the locations of areas with lots of that resource. Again, if you click on the specific place pages mentioned, you will (usually) find more detailed information. For the newest DLC, it will take some time for the wiki to become populated with that information.--JR (talk) 17:36, 5 December 2012 (GMT)
|Prev: 2011||Up: Reference Desk||Next: 2013|