User talk:Kimi the Elf
- 1 Thank You
- 2 Thanks!
- 3 Image resolution
- 4 Gilded Wristguards vs. Nightingale Gloves
- 5 Skyrim Ingredient Icons
- 6 Felsaad Tern Feathers
- 7 Cabbage Soup
- 8 Nightmaster Vampire
- 9 IRC
- 10 Arrovan
- 11 Lore:Altmer names - Arena AND Daggerfall?
- 12 Cormelik the Elder
- 13 Image help for the novice
- 14 Icon images
- 15 Argonian and Khajiit names
- Its okies, an easy mistake to make! ^_^ — Kimi the Elf (talk | contribs) 20:56, 19 August 2012 (UTC)
For that shot of Serana and Vyrthur. When that scene ran for me my character was between them giving me a very weird perspective and unsure just what the heck was going on. — Unsigned comment by Sniffles (talk • contribs) at 20:11 on 5 September 2012
Hi, my images seem to get tagged a lot for proper image resolution. How do I convert it to 4:3 size. My screen resolution is 1920 x 1080, so I don't know how to convert it to the 4:3 size without it ending up a very small image. Any image editing advice you can give me? — KunvuloninKünvülänin 01:01, 14 September 2012 (GMT)
- If you're on Windows (odds are yes), you can just open up Paint, set the canvas size to 1440x1080, copy the picture (by right-clicking on it), and then paste it into Paint, moving it around as you wish. (These instructions might be slightly off, because I'm not a Linux user). If you're on a different operating system, then you can use GIMP, which takes slightly longer but is still entirely manageable. Also, make sure that the picture's file format is .jpg. • JAT 01:05, 14 September 2012 (GMT)
Gilded Wristguards vs. Nightingale Gloves
I noticed you put these icons up on Skyrim:Specialty_Gear#Other_Apparel. Near as I can tell, the two graphics are identical, except yours is slightly higher resolution. Is there really a visible difference between male and female for this item? Or should one of the two images be deleted? (And which one? I'd say mine probably, because it's smaller.) But I can't see any difference at all between them, and as it is now it implies that they are gender-specific or something. TheRealLurlock (talk) 02:20, 4 October 2012 (GMT)
- Not sure why they both look the same for you, the one i added was completely different. For females it just shows the Nightingale Gloves image but for males it shows the correct Gilded Wristguards icon which is gold with circles on it. — Kimi the Elf (talk | contribs) 02:24, 4 October 2012 (GMT)
- Ah, caching issue. Hard-refresh fixed it. Carry on. (Never occurred to me to even check anything but the full-body apparel for gender-specific variants. I didn't even think about those until I hit Glass Armor with my female character, which is pretty obvious, and suddenly realized my job had potentially doubled in size... Much more subtle differences with hoods, boots and gloves.) TheRealLurlock (talk) 02:50, 4 October 2012 (GMT)
- Incidentally, thanks for helping with the laundry, I'll take care of the dishes tomorrow. We're also missing books (and book-like items such as reports and notes). And I think that pretty much covers everything, though some could use improvements - the Ingredient icons are all pretty small, for example (also inconsistently named - that might be a bot-job though). And I'm not crazy about the grey background on the Spell icons. (Reminds me we're also missing Shouts.) Anything else you can think of? TheRealLurlock (talk) 02:36, 6 October 2012 (GMT)
- Clearly, I stand corrected. (Forgot about the glow-effect on enchanted items.) Also, a fair number of them have unique appearances. By the definition used in previous games, that would generally make them artifacts, but I don't know if that really works here. Anyhow, weapons (mostly) done, not counting Dawnguard stuff and things that don't appear in inventory. I've got the screenshots for the apparel, at least for my female character (will have to see if anything is different for males) I'll be doing those tomorrow. TheRealLurlock (talk) 03:26, 7 October 2012 (GMT)
Skyrim Ingredient Icons
- I'm not sure when I will get the time to finish them, so if you want to do them you can! ^_^ — Kimi the Elf (talk | contribs) 19:12, 28 October 2012 (GMT)
- Okay. I think you've got a higher screen resolution than me, as I tried using one of yours (File:SR-icon-ingredient-Abecean Longfin.png) as a template for all the other fish, but it's too big and doesn't line up. I'm hardware-bound on this one (laptop), so there's not much that can be done about that. Just if I do the icons, they'll be slightly smaller than if you do them. Which I guess is no big deal since it's still much larger than the 48px thumbnails we're using, but I didn't want to do a bunch of work if you were just going to redo them with your own at higher res. (I may still need someone to step in for the plug-in items - or one of these days maybe I'll buy them myself, but can't do those right now.) TheRealLurlock (talk) 04:58, 29 October 2012 (GMT)
- I have done the ingredients plug-in items. I have also done the plug-in icons for the books, most of them used old icons so there is only 2 new icons, I got them to display fine on the individual pages but some of them don't display right on the Books page? Did I add them wrong? — Kimi the Elf (talk | contribs) 11:48, 2 November 2012 (GMT)
- I think they're correct. The template is weird in that it doesn't show up right away. You can either wait a while, or you can get them to show up sooner if you first purge all the book pages you added images to and then purge the list page. I just tried on a couple of them, and it fixed them. TheRealLurlock (talk) 12:43, 2 November 2012 (GMT)
- Addendum: If you put the icon on the Lore page for the book, you have to purge the Lore page, then the gamespace page, and then the list page. And sometimes even that doesn't work right away. One reason among many that I switched to putting the icons on the gamespace pages instead of the Lore pages. Not only do the icons show up faster, but it just makes more sense having all game-specific information like icons only on the gamespace pages. The "Book of Life and Services" icon still isn't showing for me on the main page even after the purging ritual, but I'll give it some time and try again later. If that doesn't work, we can just add the icon to the gamespace page. (I'll eventually be removing all icons specified in Lore space, since they don't show up there anyhow and it complicates the loading process so much.) TheRealLurlock (talk) 12:49, 2 November 2012 (GMT)
- Alright, waiting all day didn't fix it so I looked into it and the actual problem is that in order for the icon to work from the Lore page, it must have the exact same name as the gamespace page. In this case, Lore:Book of Life and Service is not the same as Skyrim:The Book of Life and Service. Likewise for Lore:Touching the Sky and Skyrim:Touching the Sky (book). You can get around that using the "Lorepage" parameter, but again, more trouble than it's worth when you can just specify the icon on the gamespace pages instead and not have to worry about any of that. I fixed these two, and if any more ever come up (e.g. in Dragonborn or other future DLCs), just remember to put the icon on the gamespace page, and don't bother with the Lore page. TheRealLurlock (talk) 01:33, 3 November 2012 (GMT)
Felsaad Tern Feathers
They aren't? According to the CK, the model is Clutter\Ingredients\HawkFeather01.nif, which is the exact same model as Hawk Feathers. What is the model then? If this isn't it? Jeancey (talk) 03:58, 8 February 2013 (GMT)
- Hawk Feathers and Felsaad Tern Feathers. I didnt check the CK but ingame they are different colours. — Kimi the Elf (talk | contribs) 04:10, 8 February 2013 (GMT)
- Fascinating... I wonder why the CK is showing the icons as being the same.... Jeancey (talk) 04:10, 8 February 2013 (GMT)
- There can be different textures for the same object within the same file, so objects that have the exact same shape, like the feathers, can have different surface appearances. Don't ask me more than that, though...there ends my knowledge of NIF files. :) – Robin Hood (talk) 23:06, 8 February 2013 (GMT)
- Fascinating... I wonder why the CK is showing the icons as being the same.... Jeancey (talk) 04:10, 8 February 2013 (GMT)
- Also, it seems there is no icon for Mage Robes. No idea how that got missed :) Jeancey (talk) 02:51, 10 February 2013 (GMT)
- I think I spawned both the dawnguard vampire images. I did not know nightmaster vampires are only male, I can redo the image later tonight if needed. ^_^ — Kimi the Elf (talk | contribs) 19:42, 10 February 2013 (GMT)
- "The <Random Place> had a visitor, a foreign scholar tracing the history of Arrovan, the thief who wielded the Skeleton's Key. Apparently, Arrovan stole some stuff from the royal family here in <Random Place>."
- "I don't know if I believe it, but there's a gentleman in <Random Inn> who says he knows how to find the magical key of Arrovan, the master thief. He wants money for the information - a lot of money - but if you'd like to be able to break into anything you might want to head to the <Random Inn> and talk to him."
- "Ah, yes, my purse likes the sound of that. You'll find the Skeleton's Key in a particularly unpleasant dungeon. Of course, no one except a few know where it is, for the Key always chooses inaccessible places to hide. For benefit of the historians, the first holder of the Key, Arrovan, made a map to each of the Key's resting places, but for many years no one could find this one. My contacts say the map is in a place called the <Random Dungeon>. I have inscribed the location onto your map of the continent. I must leave you. Good luck, my friend..."
- It comes from Arena during the quest to find the Skeleton Key. — Kimi the Elf (talk | contribs) 18:10, 10 April 2013 (GMT)
Lore:Altmer names - Arena AND Daggerfall?
Hi! If I read the edit history correctly, you're the one who added the random generator from Arena to the Lore:Altmer names page? Thanks for this - but why "and Daggerfall"?? Have you ever managed to encounter a randomly generated Altmer NPC in Daggerfall? I know I haven't in all the years of playing it. Neither does Daggerfall Imaging ( I'd insert a link, but this wiki seems to hate them, so unfortunately you have to google it if you don't yet use it ) reveal any random generated NPC sprites that could be identified as Altmer or any other Mer, for that reason. For what I know, TESII:Daggerfall only randomly generated the native population (Breton and Redguard), though some of the townie sprites are identified as Nords in the resource files, according to Daggerfall Imaging.
Do you happen to have any other sources on this, or would it be safe to remove the "and Daggerfall" bit from the headings etc?
- The link ( http://www.dfworkshop.net/?cat=10 ), was blocked because it is unrecognized as a valid link. The line "If you believe this edit to be constructive, you may click Submit again to confirm it." means that all you had to do was click "save" again and it would have displayed. All I'm going to say is that the wiki has been plagued by so much spam that blocking unrecognized links (and asking humans to resubmit) has become a necessity. Silence is GoldenBreak the Silence 22:04, 18 April 2013 (GMT)
Cormelik the Elder
- Ok I added one, but im not sure if I did it right. It comes from the Arena quest for Auriel's Shield. — Kimi the Elf (talk | contribs) 04:17, 6 May 2013 (GMT)
Image help for the novice
Hey it's Tiber! I saw on your user page that you had a very cool image. Just wondering How to post a non uesp image because I'm doing my user page. I'd appreciate your help. Post the answer on
My talk page please. --Tiberseptim2 (talk) 03:42, 22 June 2013 (GMT)
Hi Kimi. I'm not sure if you're still around, but I'm trying to find out how to create icon images and can't seem to find this info anywhere on the wiki. It looks like you and TRL created the majority of these, and TRL isn't very active these days, so if you (or somebody who is
stalking watching your userpage) could point me in the right direction, that would be awesome. Thanks in advance! --Xyzzy Talk 17:22, 13 October 2013 (GMT)
- I believe the images were created by taking a screenshot of the inventory model while within a modded cell with zero lighting. —Legoless (talk) 17:58, 13 October 2013 (GMT)
Argonian and Khajiit names
Hello, I have a question about the Argonian and Khajiit names you placed in Lore:Names for Daggerfall and Arena. We're trying to figure out the source you used for them for a random name generator, since Daggerfall has no information for Khajiit or Argonian names. Did you use namegen information from within Arena? (We at the Daggerfall Workshop don't know if Arena has additional namegen data.) — Unsigned comment by Jay H (talk • contribs) at 04:35 on 28 March 2017 (UTC)
- For your information Jay H, Kimi the Elf has been inactive since October 2013, so don't expect a reply in the near future. —Dillonn241 (talk) 04:47, 28 March 2017 (UTC)