Online:Ritual of Change
|This page is currently being rewritten as part of the Online Quest Project.
The page is being both written and checked. All users are welcome to make changes to the page. If you make a change that is relevant to the project, please update this template accordingly, and make sure you have observed the project guidelines.
- Speak to Jekka-Wass Vozei at Xinchei-Konu Monument.
- Find and speak to Nisswo Paraxeeh.
- Gather the needed items.
- Help Vozei perform the ritual.
Starting the Quest
Once you have place the last tablet back into the calendar, you will notice that there is a distinct lack of rapidly changing weather. You can then go and speak with Jekka-Wass Vozei who reveals that ritual must be performed to restore the Xinchei-Konu to power. Unfortunately he does not know what components are needed for the ritual.
- "What a sun-blessed hour this is! All of the tablets have been returned.
Now, there is one more task before the Xinchei-Konu is fully restored. I must evoke the Vastei-Sei, otherwise known as the Ritual of Change."
- Anything you need from me?
- "Unfortunately, I am … unsure of the components needed to complete the ritual.
Will you ask the aid of my mentor, Nisswo Paraxeeh? He watched over the monument before I was granted the honor, but now serves as a priest of Sithis."
- Where will I find him?
- "Paraxeeh travels among the tribes, spreading the dark word. Last I heard, he was headed to the Bright-Throat Village. You'll most likely find him there.
And please, do not mention the theft. I'd rather my mentor not learn of my incompetence."
- All right. I'll search for Nisswo Paraxeeh in the Bright-Throat Village.
Meeting the Mentor
After agreeing to ask Nisswo Paraxeeh about the what the ritual requires, you can travel to Bright-Throat Village to find him. He can be found in a small lean-to on the eastern outskirts of the village, praying at his shrine to Sithis. You can also find the poem Acts of Honoring here. When you greet him, he will not be happy to be disturbed.
- "Death, darkness, decay. They come to us, unbidden and unwanted. So too is your presence before me.
Tell me, what is it you need?"
- Jekka-Wass Vozei needs information on the Ritual of Change.
- "Ah, the Vastei-Sei. How interesting that my pupil sent you in his stead.
So Vozei has finally found the tablets of the Xinchei-Konu. Impressive. I thought the task would take far longer for one so stuck in his books."
- I was the one who found the tablets.
- "Hmm. So Vozei had you do all the work, did he?
Well, it is only fitting that you should prepare the ritual components for the Vastei-Sei as well then. You will need brackish mud, a deathly bloom, and wood which crumbles stone."
- Where can I find these items?
- "You'll need to find places of duality. Swamp and sea, death and life, stone and wood.
But I'm sure you've had enough with riddles by now. Today, I'll simply mark the locations on your map."
- I'll go and collect the ingredients.
After learning both the needed ingredients and the thief behind the tablets' disappearance, you can head off to find them around Murkmire. Though you have an option to ask about the ritual and Paraxeeh himself.
Finding the Ritual Components
There are three ritual components to be found, each represent a duality or process of change. These ingredients are, some Brackish Mud, a Deathly Bloom and some Wood that Crumbles Stone. They can be gathered in any order.
The Brackish Mud can found north of Nisswo Paraxeeh and Bright-Throat Village, on the coast. It can obtained from a pile of mud which sits on the thin strip of land between the sea and swamp.
The Deathly Bloom is a blue flower which grows where the dead lie. The specimen required for the ritual can be found growing in Bok-Xul. It is located far enough from where Baxilt-Gah spawns that it is possible to get the flower without aggroing the World Boss. But it pays to be careful.
Wood that Crumbles Stone
The final component comes in the form of branches from a special tree known as the Tree that Crumbles Stone. It can be found growing next to the raised wooden pathway leading to the Teeth of Sithis Xanmeer. There will be some branches on the ground which can be used for the ritual.
As you approach the tree, Hul-Wan will appear in front of the tree and demand to know what you are doing.
- Hul-Wan: "Halt, ojel! Why do you approach the Tree that Crumbles Stone?"
At this point, you have the option to ignore her and go and collect the branches beside her. does anything significant happen if you ignore her?
Or you can speak with Hul-Wan to tell her what you are doing and in return she will explain the significance of the tree.
- "I do hope you're not here to harm this tree, ojel. Because then we would have … issues."
- I just need some branches for a ritual.
- "Hmm. Well, as long as it's just the fallen branches, you may go ahead."
- Why are you so worried about this particular tree?
- "This is the Tree that Crumbles Stones; the change which breaks down stagnation.
Once, our ancestors made walls of stone with the foolish notion that we could stop that which changes. This tree represents the futility of such thoughts."
- And why is that important?
- "Because it teaches us that which we cannot forget.
Stone crumbles. Walls break. We must bend against the force of change, least we snap against its strength."
Once you finish speaking with her, she will let you collect the branches with her blessing.
Performing the Vastei-Sei
Once you have gathered the three ritual components, you can return to the Xinchei-Konu Monument, to find Jekka-Wass Vozei waiting for you at the calendar. Speak with him to hand over the materials and to learn what is needed next.
- "Welcome back. Dare I hope that Nisswo Paraxeeh agreed to help?"
- Yes, he told me to gather these ingredients. He also knew the tablets were stolen.
- "Ah. Well, I suppose word does travel. I will have to speak to him once the ritual is completed.
But for now, I am afraid I must beg your help once more."
- What do you need me to do?
- "Very little, I promise!
I've combined the ritual components together. You must place the mixture into the ceremonial bowls as I say the incantation."
- I'll help you with the ritual.
He will hand you the Vastei-Sei Ritual Component and then begin the ritual. You will be required to pour some of the mixture into the ceremonial bowls on each side of the Xinchei-Konu, as he completes a line of the ritual chant.
- Jekka-Wass Vozei "Vakka reelsh vastei buseek xal!"
Interact with the bowl on the west side and pour in the ritual component.
- Jekka-Wass Vozei "Delaw ruheeva wuxa vastei bok tar-sakka!"
Interact with the bowl on the east side and pour in the ritual component.
When the second bowl is filled, green orbs will appear above the Xinchei-Konu and it will start to storm.
- Jekka-Wass Vozei "It worked! The Xinchei-Konu changed the weather!"
You can then speak with a jubilant Vozei for your reward.
- "The ritual worked! The Xinchei-Konu has regained its power once more."
- Yes, seems it all worked out.
- "And it's all thanks to you. You've helped me greatly throughout this entire ordeal. I hope you find this a suitable gift for all of your troubles!
And feel free to visit the Xinchei-Konu whenever you please"
Afterwards, Nisswo Paraxeeh will arrive and have a … chat with his pupil.
|Ritual of Change|
|Finishes Quest||Journal Entry|
|I should ask Nisswo Paraxeeh how to prepare for the ritual. I'll find him in the Bright-Throat Village.
Objective: Talk to Nisswo Paraxeeh
|I need to gather mud from where swamp meets sea, a flower that grows from a grave, and wood from a tree that has crumbled stone. Nisswo Paraxeeh has marked the locations of these free items on my map.
Objective: Gather Brackish Mud
Objective: Gather Deathly Bloom
Objective: Gather Wood Which Crumbles Stone
(Optional Objective appears when the wood node is approached.)
Optional Step: Talk to Hul-Wan
|I have the ingredients. I should return to the Xinchei-Konu and give the items to Jekka-Wass Vozei.
Objective: Return to Jekka-Wass Vozei
|I have returned the ingredients. I should help Jekka-Wass Vozei with the ritual.
Objective: Help Perform the Ritual
|The ritual has been completed. I should speak to Jekka-Wass Vozei about my reward.
Objective: Talk to Jekka-Wass Vozei