|Location||Bright-Throat Village, Xinchei-Konu Monument|
|Faction(s)||Clutch of Nisswo|
Nisswo Paraxeeh is an Argonian and a traveling priest of Sithis who can be found on the outskirts of Bright-Throat Village. He has little time for outsiders and was the previous Jekka-Wass of the Xinchei-Konu Monument before becoming a nisswo. Nisswo Paraxeeh also the mentor of the current Jekka-Wass, though he has no patience for Vozei's bookish ways and his student dreads disappointing him. Nisswo Paraxeeh for his part hopes his student will rise to the challenge of his latest lesson.
- Ritual of Change: Repair the restored Argonian calendar through ritual.
Ritual of Change
After Jekka-Wass Vozei asks you to find his mentor, Nisswo Paraxeeh can be found in his small lean-to, pondering his shrine to Sithis. He will not be pleased to be interrupted.
- "Death, darkness, decay. They come to us, unbidden and unwanted. So too is your presence before me.
Tell me, what is it you need?"
- Jekka-Wass Vozei needs information on the Ritual of Change.
- "Ah, the Vastei-Sei. How interesting that my pupil sent you in his stead.
So Vozei has finally found the tablets of the Xinchei-Konu. Impressive. I thought the task would take far longer for one so stuck in his books."
- I was the one who found the tablets.
- "Hmm. So Vozei had you do all the work, did he?
Well, it is only fitting that you should prepare the ritual components for the Vastei-Sei as well then. You will need brackish mud, a deathly bloom, and wood which crumbles stone."
- Where can I find these items?
- "You'll need to find places of duality. Swamp and sea, death and life, stone and wood.
But I'm sure you've had enough with riddles by now. Today, I'll simply mark the locations on your map."
- I'll go and collect the ingredients.
- "Once you have collected the items, travel back to the Xinchei-Konu. I have no doubt my pupil awaits you with bated breath."
- I have a few more questions.
- "I suppose I could take time from my actual duties to sate your mere curiosity. What more do you wish to know?"
- Tell me more about yourself. / I see. Can you tell me more about yourself?
- "Once, I watched over the Xinchei-Konu, learning its secrets and sharing its wisdom.
Now I speak the dark words of Sithis, traveling the tribes and spreading its wisdom. A similar task, truth be told."
- A similar task?
- "The Xinchei-Konu is a catalyst of needed change. Sithis is the force which causes all change. Death which leads to rebirth. Night which is followed by day. Hope that crumbles to despair.
Change is not always welcomed, but it is always needed."
- I want to know more about the Vastei-Tei ritual components. / Tell me about the Ritual of Change.
- "The items you are to gather represent not only duality, but also change.
The mud which flows from swamp to sea. The living flower which blooms from death. The wood which crumbles the stone that once hindered it."
- And after I gather these items?
- "Vozei will then use them as offerings to the force of change. This will spark the power which resides in the Xinchei-Konu.
By returning the tablets, you merely gave Vozei the rushes and weeds. It is he who must now weave the basket."
A Meeting between Mentor and Pupil
Once the Ritual of Change is completed, the localized storm will dissipate.
- Jekka-Wass Vozei "Huh? That's strange. I thought the effect would last much longer."
Nisswo Paraxeeh will arrive with some … words for Vozei.
- Nisswo Paraxeeh "I see you were at least able to perform the Vastei-Sei successfully. Surprising, to say the least."
- <Vozei walks over to him.>
- Jekka-Wass Vozei "Why the cutting words, Paraxeeh? All I did, I did according to your teachings?"
- Nisswo Paraxeeh "Did I teach you to beg an ojel to perform your duties? You should have collected those tablets, Vozei! How could you not see that?"
- Jekka-Wass Vozei "Was … was it you who stole the tablets, Paraxeeh? Why? Why would you desecrate the Xinchei-Konu in such a way?"
- Nisswo Paraxeeh "If you had your eyes towards your people, and not only towards your books, I would have no need to take such actions. This was a lesson, Vozei. A lesson you failed."
- Jekka-Wass Vozei "But … but was able to perform the Vastei-Sei!"
- Nisswo Paraxeeh "Only for a moment. One of such weak will can never truly be a catalyst of change. Hmm. I suppose another lesson will now be in order."
- <Nisswo Paraxeeh walks away.>
- Jekka-Wass Vozei "Paraxeeh? Wait! Don't tell me you're going to steal the tablets again!"
- <Jekka-Wass Vozei runs after him.>