|Location||Anexiel's Lair, Nilata Ruins
Inner Temple, Falinesti Autumn Site
Mephala, also known as The Lady of Whispers and the Webspinner, is the Daedric Prince of murder, sex, and secrets.
- A Marriage in Ruins: Find out what happened to a mage and her sister.
- The Arbordawn Cult: Assist Telenger with a problem at the Falinesti Autumn Site.
- Edge of Darkness: Release the Crypt of Hearts from Mephala's grip.
- Lost in Translation: Locate the Heart of Transparent Law.
- A Necessary Alliance: Figure out a way to get into the Crystal Tower with the help of Clavicus Vile and Mephala.
- The Crystal Tower: Ascend the Crystal Tower and put an end to Nocturnal's machinations.
A Marriage in Ruins
Mephala appears in her spectral Dremora form within Anexiel's Lair in Nilata Ruins after Anexiel has been slain and says "Another thread cut, yet the loom spins on. And now you think yourself free of the web. What a delightful fiction..." to you. You must then speak to her:
- "Oh, yes, come closer... Hmm... how strong you look with my minion's blood on your hands..."
- Who are you?
- "Hmm... I would have thought someone as mighty and well-traveled as you might already know. I am Mephala, The Lady of Whispers."
- What are you doing here?
- "A fair question. I don't often come to greet those who would slay my servants. But you... oh, there's something different about you. The scarred wrists of a Coldharbour slave, yet such a regal bearing..."
- What was Anexiel trying to do?
- "Trying to do? Oh no. You strong, beautiful fool. Do you think she failed?
- A marriage ruined, a sister slain, souls lost, families broken... And to think―all of this began with a wayward goat. What a gorgeous and horrifying tapestry."
- So there was no greater plot?
- "What a predictably mortal question.
- Small, great... the same. Each thread tugs the other. Petty jealousy, an unintended slight, dog-like lusts... these are the things that bring empires to ruin.
- Think on this, my dear. I'll be watching."
The Arbordawn Cult
- Mephala: "Ah, welcome to my realm, mortals."
- Telenger the Artificer "A daedric prince herself in these tunnels? I should have known!"
- Mephala: "Do be quiet, Artificer, your companion is far more intriguing. Come child, speak with me!"
The Daedric Prince Mephala appears as a ghostly spider daedra. She reveals that the Arbordawn cultists are her newest Deathweavers. "The lost city, the Artificer, all tremble in the web of Mephala."
She tells you to take Telenger with you and leave, since "you've done your part."
Speak to Telenger about Mephala and the cult. He says opening the temple was a bad idea, and it needs to be resealed.
- Telenger the Artificer: "It'll be the work of a moment. Mephala! You face Telenger the Artificer. You'll learn what it means to ensnare one such as me in your web."
- Mephala: "No! How dare you, mortal."
- Telenger the Artificer: "I am the Artificer, madam. That's why I dare."
Edge of Darkness
Upon completing the quest, Alanwe will commune with the bust of Mephala, who is referred to as the Whispering Lady:
- Alanwe: "You did it! He's... gone."
- Whispering Lady: "The mortal did well in feeding my killing word. My black edge."
- Alanwe: "Who are you?"
- Whispering Lady: "Never has the whispering from that blade been so... pronounced."
- Alanwe: "You're the Daedric fiend that created it, aren't you? That weapon must never again be allowed to influence mortals."
- Whispering Lady: "It has hurt you, has it not? Perhaps you could destroy it. Disable it. I could help you."
- Alanwe: "You think I trust you, the one who twisted my husband, murdered my students? I will send the blade away, and I will do so on my own terms―no matter the cost. It will travel far, ever slipping from the hands that desire it. This cannot happen again."
- Whispering Lady: "The Blade will fight you. It is fully empowered, and it wishes to return home."
- Alanwe: "Never... again!" [Alanwe casts a spell on the blade, disappearing along with it]
- Whispering Lady: "Mortals never fail to amuse. That edge was fully sharpened, and would have seen great use at my side in the days to come, but Alanwe gave everything to cast it away. There is nothing left to take from her. You and I, however, will meet again."