Oblivion talk:Jakben, Earl of Imbel
- 1 Gray Cowl
- 2 problem
- 3 Boots
- 4 Vampire Crypt
- 5 Jakben's manor?
- 6 Where is Jakben?
- 7 Vampirism?
- 8 Jakben in Kvatch
- 9 Jak and the thieves guild quest
- 10 Not so strange...
- 11 Page Split Request
- 12 He followes me everywhere I go
- 13 Stealing the Boots
- 14 Jakben Convo's from back then
- 15 jakben, earl of imbel nowhere to be found?!
- 16 Making him mad
- 17 Gaaahh
- 18 Picture
Did Jakben help to steal the cowl? I didn't think he did Could someone verify that? Volanaro 09:32, 7 January 2008 (EST)
- You're absolutely right - it wasn't Jakben that stole the Cowl but he seems to have known the original Gray Fox that did the deed, according to his diary. Care to make the fix? —Rpeh•T•C•E• 09:41, 7 January 2008 (EST)
- Looks like Timenn beat us to it. Thanks for confirming that anyway
I'm having a huge problem with this quest, I killed his butler and hasn't respawned and jakben never seems to come home. what should I do? or am i simply missing something? — Unsigned comment by 184.108.40.206 (talk) on 8 March 2008
- what do you mean by "he hasn't respawned"?he dosn't respawn.pretty much only unnamed NPCs respawn?--GUM!!! 14:06, 16 April 2010 (UTC)
- (moved from article)
- In a word, "no". The problem is a bug (or possibly a deliberate oddity to stop this happening) in Jakben's AI. He is set to wander around the family tomb when the Boots quest is <25 (a blank stage we don't show on our list) or >30. Since the quest starts at 0, this AI is always in effect until the quest advances to 25 or 30. The problem is that you can't get into the family tomb until Jakben gives you the key. If he did come out then yes, you could reverse-pickpocket some bound boots onto him and then steal the BoSJ when he puts them on. –Rpeh•T•C•E• 03:03, 23 November 2008 (EST)
- Uh, actually, I broke into his home without activating the quest at all, and sure enough, he was in his ceiling trapdoor studio in the third floor. Killed him and the boots were on him. There's just a small problem - getting the boots automatically activates the quest, which can result in a very serious bug like with the Temple of the Ancestor Moth one. I strongly advise leaving Jakben and his boots alone until the right time. GenocideHeart 11:34, 7 March 2009 (EST)
I'm curious whether the vampires in the crypt below Jakben Earl of Imbel's house respawn because i am currently searching for vampires to kill so i can steal their vampire dust. I need the vampire dust so i can join the mages guild again.(i got kicked out). So if anybody knows whether these vampires respawn please help by editing or e-mail me, my e-mail address is email@example.com. Or alternatively if anyone knows of any other vampire strongholds/crypts then please help with that too. — Unsigned comment by 220.127.116.11 (talk) on 4 July 2009
Does anyone know if there are any safe containers in it? The butler is easily disposed of once the quest is clear, and the house looks mighty nice... GenocideHeart 20:09, 6 September 2009 (UTC)
- I didn't check every last container in the basement, because there are rather a lot of them, but it looks like all the sacks there and upstairs are safe, as well as the all the jewelry boxes, and one chest in a corner behind a desk upstairs. —Robin Hood (Talk • E-mail • Contribs) 02:55, 12 September 2009 (UTC)
Where is Jakben?
Just got a problem whilst playing. I get the quest to find Jakben from The Grey Fox but it leads me to a green arrow outside his house. It's like he should be standing in the doorway, but he isn't. Is there any way to fix this? (It stays like that for night and day so the vampire issue kinda doesn't come into effect) — Unsigned comment by 18.104.22.168 (talk) at 17:14 on 17 November 2009
- The quest marker is wrong. Simply ignore it and enter the house, he should be on the secd floor.--S'drassa 17:27, 17 November 2009 (UTC)
- Yeah, in this case, the quest marker is actually leading you to the door of his house, rather than Jakben himself. I don't remember the specifics of this part of the quest off-hand, but often this is done when leading you to the person would go through a locked door, or might give away information that it shouldn't (for example, if someone were in a location that you wouldn't expect based on the quest). Of course, sometimes it's done through sheer bad design, too. :) —Robin Hood (Talk • E-mail • Contribs) 22:07, 20 November 2009 (UTC)
Is it possible to catch the disease a.k.a Vampirism from these mobs? 22.214.171.124 15:27, 9 May 2010 (UTC)Eduardo Thomric, the famous Redguard.
- i'm not sure but i think so--GUM!!! 15:33, 9 May 2010 (UTC)
Jakben in Kvatch
Quite an odd thing. My character was waiting outside in Kvatch, and just after moving into 'real' game time, Jakben walked out of the Chapel. Anyone know why this might be? --Tesadmo 23:07, 27 May 2010 (UTC)
sounds like the works of a mod...--GUM!!! 23:12, 27 May 2010 (UTC)
Jak and the thieves guild quest
Some of the information on this page rightly belongs on the quest page and the standard NPC template should be maintained here. 126.96.36.199 21:51, 29 November 2010 (UTC)
- I responded to the same question here. Also, I reverted all the unneeded information from the quest page - feel more than free to write the inventory section on the NPC page, but the quest page is finished for now. --Krusty 07:19, 30 November 2010 (UTC)
Not so strange...
It states it is "strange" that Jakben is considered a First Stage Vampire, but has Fourth Stage Vampirism abilities. But.....I don't think it is. The creators of the game most likely did this to conceal he is in fact, a vampire as much as possible. Because, he as well continuosly states of how "frightened" he is. But, when you reach the end of the crypt. He attacks. Shianni 03:47, 3 February 2011 (UTC)
- Just a note, the quest script (I think) actually removes his First Stage Vampirism and adds Fourth Stage after you find the Diary. --DKong27 Talk Cont 03:56, 3 February 2011 (UTC)
Nope, I've just re-read it 3 times, he just has the abilities. Shianni 04:11, 3 February 2011 (UTC)
Page Split Request
I would like to create a separate page for 'Jakben Imbel's House'. I think it's necessary, as the house contains a small vampire dungeon which becomes permanently accessible after the related quest. It even has a map. I posted here first to see if there was any opposition or recommended course of action, and to perhaps encourage an image contributor to go through the house (and cave?) to get some nice photos in place of maps, as I plan to lay it out as a dungeon/house hybrid. Legoless 18:40, 12 April 2011 (UTC)
- The wider topic came up here six months (time flies!) ago. I think it's clear everybody supports this page being split at least - and others where necessary, although the exact suggested criteria varied from person to person. So this one can definitely split, and we can talk about others as needs dictate. rpeh •T•C•E• 18:50, 12 April 2011 (UTC)
He followes me everywhere I go
I broke into Jakben's house, to steal items to sell to a fence. I have the shivering isles package and completed the quest Ushnar's Terror. The reward for that is a pet skinned hound. When I was in his house, stealing items I was invisible. My dog decided to give me away, and now Jakben follows me everywhere I go. Can someone please tell me how to make him go away?
Stealing the Boots
So if I don't plan on doing the THieve's guild with a certain character, nothing else negative would result from grabbing the boots outside of the guild line becoming broken? — Unsigned comment by 188.8.131.52 (talk) at 18:42 on 10 August 2011
- If you don't care about the Thieves Guild, just go ahead. Can't promise that nothing will happen, though - in Oblivion, exploiting glitches can easily get you burned. --Krusty 19:27, 10 August 2011 (UTC)
Jakben Convo's from back then
- (this originally appeared on a Krusty Sandbox when redesigning Jakben. Put here for easier access.)
The CS schedule is a little more complex, and it's a bug that you aren't seeing him go to sleep. These are the schedules from highest priority to lowest:
- Martial Law (runs home during MQ16)
- Attack player (If TG10 stage 37 is done, but you haven't reached 45, and you're in his house or the tomb)
- Head to his study (at TG10 stage 35)
- Wander around Talos Plaza (Mon, Wed, Fri, 10pm-2am)
- Wander in his stufy (7pm - 9pm)
- Wander in his stufy (3am - 5am)
- Sleep in his tomb (6am - 6pm). This is the bug - there's no bed down there for him to sleep in.
- Default: wander around the second floor of his house.
Come to think of it, the door to the tomb is locked and Jakben never actually has the key - it's added directly to your inventory at stage 35 of the quest, so he can't even get into the tomb to sleep in the bed that doesn't exist :) rpeh •T•C•E• 11:39, 26 November 2010 (UTC)
Yeah, I know we buried him, but I have just followed him around and watched him do some very unexpected things, and I’m not really able to tell what is going on, so here I am. First of all; is it true that he will wander around the Talos Plaza District (10pm-2am) on Loredas?
Here comes the odd one; at 6am, I noticed that he went ahead and threw me out of the house, which always means that some package activates. Loading game, then followed him down into the basement, where he disappeared. Loading game, waiting for him in the basement. He came down there just after 6am and entered the Catacombs!!! These observations were made without the quest being initiated at all, but him venturing into the basement without a key does not really match our discoveries from earlier. As I’m unable to enter the Catacombs without the key, I was wondering if you could try locating him using the console? This is REALLY strange, but at least it proves (and I say this carefully) that I’m not a complete idiot for not being able to find him (very first question here). Anyway, for comfort, I moved all your CS observations about his schedule to this location. Hopefully, you can find the time and test this; the torture never stops! --Krusty 08:38, 8 December 2010 (UTC)
- Oh, and just to include every observation; I waited for him in the basement and he returned from the Catacombs at 6pm. --Krusty 08:51, 8 December 2010 (UTC)
- Dammit, I thought we'd cracked this one. The only day-specific package he has is his 10pm-2am wander around the Talos Plaza package on Morndas, Middas and Fredas, although obviously that does spill over into Loredas on one day.
- The other one: his sleep package runs from 6am to 6pm located in the basement. Except it's a wander package and there's no bed. It's odd that he can get through the door - I'll see if I can give it a test to see what happens. rpeh •T•C•E• 09:37, 8 December 2010 (UTC)
jakben, earl of imbel nowhere to be found?!
so during the quest where i have to get the boots from him i got to the coffin and got his diary without reading it and when he attacked me i just left and ran because him and the imperial guards were chasing me i got rid of my bounty but now hes nowhere to be found his butler just says hes off finding food or some crap.. any suggestions?184.108.40.206 03:50, 24 November 2011 (UTC)abel
Making him mad
One day I really wanted to see a fight without going to fight myself so I lowered Jakbens disposition to 0 and he started to attack me and the guards after putting on some chainmail armor and now everytime I see him he wants to kill me. Could this affect the thieves guild questline? 220.127.116.11
- Quite likely, yes. A Calm spell will allow you to talk to him. You may need to yield to him or cast a minor Charm spell on him afterwards as well before you talk to him. Once you've got him talking, you can raise his disposition back up, as normal. – Robin Hood↝talk 19:12, 8 January 2012 (UTC)
I completed the quest without any bloodshed in the tomb, and Jackben still lived after the event because he put on some light armor instead of the boots which I took. I reported back to the Gray Fox and left the house feeling proud of my achievement...Only to discover Jackben and a cadare of vampires waiting outside the house. They attacked and the town guard intervened, resulting in Jackben's death. I just think it should be said that he will follow you after events in the tomb if you do not kill him. Emzi43 10:52, 9 April 2012 (UTC)
- You can add things like that if you want to. RIM 13:16, 9 April 2012 (UTC)
Shouldn't we add a picture of him in the crypt attacking you in armor?Or at least put a picture on the quest page.I would do it,but I'm not able to take screenshots for some reason.--Skyrimplayer 02:16, 21 July 2012 (UTC)
I've found out how to take a screenshot,but I don't know how to put it on the page,I play Oblivion on Steam,so does anyone know how to put a picture from Steam on here and if it's a good idea?--Skyrimplayer 18:15, 23 July 2012 (UTC)
- I don't, sorry, but you could try the help desk or look it up on google. RIM 19:52, 23 July 2012 (UTC)
- I've found out how to do it,so the only thing I need is the conformation to add an image of Jakben in full armor.Just post your opinion.--Skyrimplayer 23:06, 23 July 2012 (UTC)