Aurorans are an idealized humanoid race of Daedra in the service of Meridia that are made from pure light. Their armor usually appears golden in tone, but since they come from the Colored Rooms, Aurorans can be of any tone. These beings have magical control over color and hue, being able to manipulate certain spectra of light into working on their behalf. They are formidable foes in combat, using some shock-based magic and are resistant to both magic and lightning. They wield powerful axes infused with lightning, and may combine in phalanx formations to channel powerful light to attack their foes. They are viewed as exhibiting pretensions beyond their worth, and are believed to lack a comprehensible hierarchy.
When an Auroran knight manifests on Tamriel, they can summon Daedric warhorses from the Colored Rooms of various hues also made from pure light, which sometimes remain in the mortal plane if the knight is banished. Aurorans choose their allegiances very carefully, usually only fighting under other servants of Meridia. Meridia's Golden Knight, Darien Gautier, shared a similar nature to Aurorans as he was made from Meridia's light. In the presence of Dark Orbs, they are blessed by Meridia with uncanny vigor, being healed, resurrected, and even prevented from being banished to the Void as long as they remain in close proximity of the orbs. Orbs of certain shades of light can control Aurorans of the respective color. Mortals who revere Meridia often honor her by adopting an armor style inspired by that of the Aurorans, crafted with the use of Auroran dust.
When the White-Gold Tower was stormed during the Alessian Slave Rebellion, the Ayleids made a pact with Meridia and summoned the Aurorans, called Thundernachs by the rebels. The golden-hued "half-Elf" Umaril the Unfeathered was their champion, resembling a much larger Auroran. Following his defeat at the Temple of the Ancestors, Meridia entrusted one half the Wrathstone to the Ayleids of Garlas Malatar, blessing King Narilmor with a pact of immortality and granting a legion of Aurorans to help him guard it in the depths of the city. When the ruins were infiltrated by the members of the treasure hunter Tharayya's expedition in 2E 584, they were made to fight many kinds of Aurorans after obtaining the Wrathstone. King Narilmor's mortal form was killed, and as part of his pact with Meridia he was he was resurrected as a Symphony of Blades, an immensely powerful Auroran suit of light. Umaril later returned in 3E 433, having his Aurorans ambush various chapels to the Nine Divines. They guarded his sanctum in Garlas Malatar and were aided by a Dark Orb, which was later shattered, becoming frozen in time and causing the Aurorans to instantly die in the mortal plane without it.
- Aurorans are noted as being able to use the light from yellow and white crystals to their advantage, but are unable to do the same with blue crystals or open flames.
- Aurorans share some similarities to Aureals, also called Golden Saints. According to Lyranth, they regard each other with "entirely deserved" contempt. Darien Gautier also noted having the company of Golden Saints during his time in the Colored Rooms.
- Flavor text for Auroran Zenith Warhorse mount
- Flavor text for Auroran Knight costume
- Elder Scrolls Online - Crown Store Showcase
- Flavor text for Auroran Twilight Warhorse mount
- The Lightless Oubliette
- Events of ESO
- Events of Knights of the Nine
- Lyranth the Foolkiller Answers Your Questions — Lyranth the Foolkiller
- Flavor text for Auroran Warhorse mount
- Aelif's dialogue in Proving the Deed
- Dialogue with Darien Gautier
- Description of Replica Cursed Orb of Meridia (image)
- The Guiding Light quest in ESO
- Events of Oblivion
- Crafting Motif 72: Meridian Style — Lady Cinnabar of Taneth
- The Song of Pelinal
- Umaril is Undone — Thadoril
- Send Your Forces, Narilmor — Thadoril
- Dialogue with Tharayya