- Talk to a noble.
- Deliver an emerald to a contact in another town within the time limit.
- Receive a second item to deliver to a third person in another town.
- Deliver the second item within its time limit and collect your reward.
The Noble's Emerald
Speak to a noble, who says:
- "If you are available for hire, I need someone reliable to carry out a certain, covert mission. It might be rather time-consuming, but I assure you that you will be suitably compensated. Are you interested?"
The noble goes on:
- "Very good. I'm giving you an emerald for you to give my contact, (contact's name) of (town). (He/She) will be waiting in (building). This item needs to be there in (first time limit) days. That's very important. Once you've made it that far, (contact's name) will have further instructions. I am counting on your discretion, (player's first name), and you will be watched. Good luck and thank you."
The noble replies:
- "Really? Too busy, perhaps. That is a shame."
Deliver the Goods
Travel to the town where the noble's contact is waiting. Be cautious, as you may be beset by thieves intent on getting their hands on the emerald. Should you get in a fight, the thief will say:
- "The Thieves Guild has word that you are carrying a gemstone of considerable value. Hand it over and I'll let you off easy."
If you give in and surrender the emerald, the thief replies:
- "Like taking coin from a child. Now, get out of my sight, you weak-kneed courier."
Without the emerald, you will not be able to successfully complete the quest. If you refuse, be prepared for a fight. Take care, as the thieves attacks may leave you poisoned or diseased. Dispatch any attackers and locate the contact's residence. Enter, and speak to the contact, who says:
- "Ah good. The last carrier (quest giver's name) hired never found me and we had to hunt him down. Most unpleasant. Here's the (contraband). It goes to (recipient's name), this (recipient's description) in (recipient's town). You need to get it there in less than (second time limit) days. Good luck, (player's first name)."
Travel to the town where the second contact resides. Locate the recipient's building, enter it, and deliver the item. The recipient says:
- "Ah, good to see you (player's first name). And the (contraband) too. Excellent. And here is a (random gold) gold reward for your effort and, I might add, for your discretion. Your name will not be forgotten."
A successfully completed quest results in a reputation gain according to the table below.
|Noble you got the quest from||+5|
|Noble's associated factions||+2|
A failed quest results in a reputation loss according to the table below.
(Allies/Enemies affiliations for listed factions are not considered.)
- 5x One Thief every five in-game minutes (25% chance) as soon as the quest starts.[verification needed]
- The name and appearance of the noble's contact and the contraband's recipient may sometimes appear as Mynisera or Gortwog, though this is not meant to be either NPC. In some cases, both of the quest NPCs may even have the same name.
After you have accepted this quest, NPCs may say when asked for any news:
- "(Noble's name) is still in the smuggling business, I hear."
- "There's been an extraordinary increase in smuggling lately."
If you fail the quest, NPCs may say when asked for any news:
- "I hear (noble's name) is mad as hell at some (player's race) adventurer."
If you successfully complete the quest, NPCs may say when asked for any news:
- "No one knows who the kingpin is behind the (contraband) smuggling."
If you successfully complete the quest, the quest giver may later greet you with:
- "Ah, my occasional smuggler. How may I help you?"
- "Hello again. I'm afraid I have no more deliveries needed."
If you failed the quest, the quest giver will greet you with:
- "Crawling back to apologize for failing that mission, eh? Well, it's too late."
- "You're the (player's race) who failed that delivery mission, aren't you? Go to Oblivion."
|Jewel Smuggling (r0c10y00)|
|Finishes Quest||Journal Entry|
|0||(Date): (noble's name) of (palace) in (noble's town) has sent me to (building) in (town) to deliver an emerald to (contact's name). I have (first time limit) days to accomplish this. Once there, I may be given further instructions.|
|1||(Date): (contact's name) sent me on to (recipient's town) with a (contraband) to bring to (recipient's name) in a place called (recipient's building). (Contact's name) described (recipient's name) as a (recipient's description). (Recipient's name) will give me my reward if I make it to (him/her) in (second time limit) days.|