Daggerfall:A Dangerous Wizard
- Talk to the Guildmagister at a Mages Guild hall.
- Travel to the dungeon mentioned by the Guildmagister, find and kill the Mad Wizard within.
- Report back to the Guildmagister within the time limit.
The Guildmagister says:
- "Doubtless, you have heard of the crazed wizard (wizard's name). Given the enormous power (he/she) has at (his/her) command, (ruler's title) (ruler's name) has been delaying any offensive move against (wizard's name), but that strategy is at an end. The (region ruler's title) has asked us to send someone to destroy the psychopathic mage. In return for a magic (magical item), would you do that for us?"
- "The people of (region) have been demanding that the Mages Guild take a stand against the mad wizard who has been terrorizing the land for some time now. Now, by order of the Archmagister himself, we are doing just that. I know it's hardly the assignment a scholarly institution should give, but would you be willing and able to pay the mad wizard a call and then hack him into pieces?"
The Guildmagister goes on:
- "Excellent. I knew that you would not let us down, (player's first name). Now then, (wizard's name) will be in (his/her) laboratory, (dungeon), for at most (time limit) days before moving on to a new location. The (ruler's title) wants word that the mage is dead in (time limit) days, so do not tarry after doing the deed. I will see you in (time limit) days. Thank you and good luck, (player's first name)."
The Guildmagister answers:
- "Damn. I had hoped that we could count on you in this affair."
Slaying the Mad Wizard
This quest is a standard dungeon crawl. Travel to the Mad Wizard's dungeon, enter it, and locate the target. The wizard appears as a mage and will likely toss some powerful spells at you, so prepare accordingly. When the Mad Wizard dies, the following message pops up:
- You have slain (wizard's name), the Mad Wizard of (dungeon).
After the wizard has been killed, return to the Mages Guild and report your success. The Guildmagister says:
- "Once again, you astonish me with your skill and efficiency, (player's first name). An excellent job -- the (ruler's title) will be as pleased as I am. Here is the (magical item) I promised. Enjoy it."
A successfully completed quest results in a reputation gain according to the table below.
|The Mercenary Mages||+5|
A failed quest results in a reputation loss according to the table below.
(Allies/Enemies affiliations for listed factions are not considered.)
- Random dungeon monsters
- Quest Target: One Mage
After you have accepted this quest, NPCs may say when asked for any news:
- "The Mages Guild has sent someone to deal with that mad wizard in (dungeon)."
- "Everyone's just holding their breath, waiting for that wizard's next move."
If you fail the quest, NPCs may say when asked for any news:
- "Not even the Mages Guild could do anything about that crazed sorceror."
- "No one knows where that (wizard's name) is, but nowhere's safe until (he/she)'s gone."
If you successfully complete the quest, NPCs may say when asked for any news:
- "Hopefully, that's the last we hear of the mad wizard of (dungeon)."
- "It seems kind of quiet now that we don't have a mad wizard to worry about."
If you successfully complete the quest, the quest giver may later greet you with:
- "Hello, (player's first name). I hope that mad wizard didn't hurt you too much."
If you failed the quest, the quest giver will greet you with:
- "So, you're back, but you didn't slay the Mad Wizard of (dungeon), did you? Hopeless, (player's first name), hopeless."
|A Dangerous Wizard (n0b20y05)|
|Finishes Quest||Journal Entry|
|0||(Date): The Mages Guild of (town) has asked me to slay the Wizard of (dungeon). I need to have the deed done in (time limit) days in order to collect my reward.|