Hello J'ZhirrthePriest! Welcome to UESPWiki. It's always good to have new members. If you would like to help improve any of our pages, you may want to take a look at the following links:
- Policies and Guidelines: UESPWiki standards and expectations
- Quick Editing Guide: a quick guide to wiki markup
- Getting Started: how you can help
If you, on the other hand, would like to spice up your userpage, take a look at this link:
- Userboxes: near complete list of userboxes, including a guide to make your own
When you're editing, it's always a good idea to leave edit summaries to explain the changes you have made to a particular page, and remember to sign your talk page posts with four tildes ~~~~. Also, the "show preview" button is a great way to view the changes you've made so far without actually saving the page (our patrollers really appreciate it!).
Feel free to practice editing in the sandbox or discuss the games in the . If you need any help, don't hesitate to contact one of our mentors. Have fun! --AKB Talk Cont Mail 18:14, 24 March 2012 (UTC)
Please sign your posts using the four tildes or the sign button above the edit box, it creates unneeded hassle for patrollers. Good work on the dark brotherhood lore page. The Silencer 03:49, 26 March 2012 (UTC)
- Opps, sorry! I will start doing that. Thank you :) --J'ZhirrthePriest 03:57, 26 March 2012 (UTC)
I noticed that, on your profile, you mention that you would like to make some of these pages. We do have a Did You Know page, and I believe you can propose more additions on that talk page. However, if you would like to make your own, personal pages like this, you are free to do so in your userspace. For example, you could go to the page User:J'ZhirrthePriest/Did You Know?. It hasn't yet been made, but since it would be in your userspace, you don't have to worry about the community's response to that page. As long as it's not profane, it should be fine. You would only be able to link to it from your user page, but you'd be free to place whatever DYK info you want on that page.
Some people have pages in their userspaces that have lists of quotes, some have lists of mods they use, some have fanfiction they've written... If it's in your userspace, it's your content. --Velyanthe 20:16, 28 March 2012 (UTC)
- Really ?! I didnt know that ! Ill go there right away, thanks!--J'ZhirrthePriest 21:24, 28 March 2012 (UTC)
- You are very welcome :) --Velyanthe 21:32, 28 March 2012 (UTC)
Hi, I just noticed your update to your userpage in which you stated that you don't know how to 'give these any order' (referring to your userboxes, I assumed). Are you wanting to format them differently, so they line up in a certain way, or did I take this statement wrong entirely? If this is what you want, to line them up in more defined rows/columns, may I suggest playing around with tables to achieve the look you want? If this is what you meant by that statement, and you'd like some help with formatting tables I'd be willing to answer any questions you might have (or direct you toward someone who does know, if I don't know the answer). If I took this statement the wrong way completely, I apologize, and you can pretend I said nothing. :) ABCface◥ 21:54, 28 March 2012 (UTC)
- No no I appreciate it :) Id like for them to line up nicely because right now they look really sloppy and I dont know why. Tables you say ? Where do I start ? --J'ZhirrthePriest 22:00, 28 March 2012 (UTC)
So I just skimmed thought the tables article and Im kinda understanding this. If I wanted all the user boxes to line up like in a perfect square would I use cells ? --J'ZhirrthePriest 22:07, 28 March 2012 (UTC)
- Tables can be a little confusing when you've never messed with them before, I was definitely intimidated by them at first. Each 'cell' is basically where you put the content that you want to appear in the table when the page is saved. I found that the easiest way for me to learn was to find a table on the site which was similar to what I wanted, copy the code, and replace the content with my own info (a lot of users do this with userboxes by copying from other user pages which have the look they want, so feel free to do this as well). Using 'show preview' a lot as you make little tweaks will help you see exactly what you're doing as you go.
- If you'd rather not delve into learning the details of table formatting just for this purpose, I'd be happy to help you by creating something for you. Then, if you don't like something I've done you can let me know and I'll try fixing it, or you can make minor tweaks to what I started since that would be easier than creating something new altogether.
- I am by no means an expert on tables, but after being intimidated by them at first, I learned by playing around with them that they're not quite as hard as they seem from the start. It's fun to have your userpage look the way you want it to, though, so I'm just trying to help. :)ABCface◥ 22:25, 28 March 2012 (UTC)
- Thanks guys ! Ill follow your advice, first by moving the No Patroller to the end and Ill search around for a table that I like and copy-pasta. Thanks for the help :) --J'ZhirrthePriest 02:43, 29 March 2012 (UTC)
- Looking good, if you want to add a message in dragon or daedric use these templates , edit the page to find, I cant remember how to display templates, download the script files first though or they wont display for you. Lore:Dragon Alphabet has the link if you want. The Silencer has spoken 03:32, 29 March 2012 (UTC)
Thanks! Ill be sure to check that out--J'ZhirrthePriest 03:52, 29 March 2012 (UTC)
Hey, I just thought I should say hello to you. We have many commonalities (according to your userpage) and I thought that maybe we could be friends. On here I mean, I'm trying my best not to weird you out or anything. Anyways, if you want to talk-just do so. I don't mind. --SlyKhajiit 22:27, 8 May 2012 (UTC)
- Well hello ! :) I am always glad to meet new people. If there's anything I can help you with ( research, editing etc. ) or if you just want to talk you can certainly email me or post on here.--18.104.22.168 23:42, 8 May 2012 (UTC)