Disease and Vampirism
Hi, welcome to UESPWiki! I just wanted to double check some details about your addition to the Oblivion:Disease page about catching a disease while being a vampire. Is there any chance that a Oblivion:Weakness to Disease effect was active when you caught the disease? For example, were you wearing the Boots of the Swift Merchant? You are only immune to disease if Resist Disease - Weakness to Disease is at least 100. So just catching a disease while you are a vampire doesn't necessarily mean that there was some sort of glitch.
- Hello, im really kind of new to this whole posting thing. Pretty sure i put this here but we'll see lol. As for your question, I am 99% sure I had 100% Resist Disease. Just after i got it I checked the magic page, and it had my Resist at 100 Pts. and i couldn't find any Weakness to it at all. The Dread Zombie that gave it to me was summoned by a Lich "I think" that may have made a diffrence. I looked into this quite a bit becasue the Stunted Magicka was quite a pain to deal with until I got out of dungon. Hopefully this helped, and any pointers on posting would be great lol. I'm just bored right now so gonna work on the "Wanted Page's list" ~~D521
- If you were also fighting a lich, it's very possible that the lich was carrying a staff like the Staff of Vulnerability, which would have then caused a temporary weakness effect. Do you remember if you picked up such a staff in the loot after the fight?
- And, FYI, answering here was the preferred way to do things. That way the questions and answers are all in the same place in case anyone else is interested. There are some Help files and a Getting Started guide that (if you're lucky!) might be able to answer other questions. Or just ask :) --NepheleTalk 00:24, 12 May 2007 (EDT)
- Well, it's possible, but i really dont remember seeing/picking up one of those staffs. If you need anything on Oblivion (Got on 360) or Morrowind (Got on XBOX & Computer) just yell, ATM just going and adding small stuff. Sorry for post about the possible glitch, next time I find one I'll research it more deeply. ~~D521
- Nothing to apologize for. Your comment just happened to get me thinking, especially because I happen to have had a couple discussions this week about 100% resist not always meaning immunity. For example, I was able to kill some ghosts (100% resist frost) with frost damage spells by first casting a weakness to frost spell. I know there are a couple other comments at Oblivion Talk:Vampirism about vampires catching diseases and I was wondering whether perhaps I'd come up with an explanation. Looks like I'll have to wait to find out ;) --NepheleTalk 00:42, 12 May 2007 (EDT)
- Ah ok, well I don't know, just was playing and it happened, and just came across that article, so decided to post it. Never know, least anyone who reads it will msot likley be a bit more cautious around Dread Zombies or other known carriers of disease now and might avoid catching something. The Drain Strength one's are a real pain if you like to be "just" below the encumberance line ;) , also is there anything I can help with?~~D521
If you would like to add images to the site, we'd much rather have the images actually uploaded here (using the "Upload File" option in the sidebar) than add links to file hosting services, because we have much more control of the image and its display if it's part of the site. So for now I'm deleting the image you've added to Oblivion:Dark Brotherhood Sanctuary, because it still is too large compared to the standard in-page image size. If you would like to upload the image (at full size) to the site, then it could be added back to the page in a better format. --NepheleTalk 12:19, 26 May 2007 (EDT)
- Sorry bout that lol, fixed it now, it look ok? and also ya never told me what ay need help on, tried to help some of the stubs and such. Also for the SI creature page, what else does that need to be considered "Compleate"?~~D521
FYI, I just posted the new format maps for Culotte, Fort Magia, Piukanda, and Trumbe (in addition to the ones I posted earlier this week for Anga, Arpenia, and Bawn). So I think those are all the places that are now ready to be explored ;) --NepheleTalk 22:49, 8 June 2007 (EDT)
- Check, as far as i know currently never been to any of those, is there anythign i can look for to see if i've ever been ot somewhere before just to make sure? and what all am i looking for while im exploring, so i can get all the stuff i need.
- You can generally tell whether or not you've been somewhere before by looking at the map the minute you enter: if the map is basically all blank and unexplored, you've never been there before. UESPWiki:Oblivion_Places_Redesign_Project#Walkthrough Information provides info on what types of things to look out for. Also, the [[UESPWiki:Oblivion_Places_Redesign_Project/Example|Wenyandawik example]] gives you some idea of what I think a completed page could look like. Most of the additional stuff from the walkthrough is at the start of each zone's description, and then expanded information on the doors and gates. --NepheleTalk 15:47, 10 June 2007 (EDT)
- lol, thanks for the map thing, i would have spent the first good half hour searching for dropped items or something. Ok on the stuff i need, i'll be/try to be on IRC. and stuff bout talk page and sig?
- I saw the info you added to Oblivion:Amelion Tomb. Looks like you're doing a good job of noticing all the details. If possible, though, it would be good to try to integrate what you're adding more with the rest of the page. For example, make use of the map labels to explain what you're talking about (i.e., instead of just "makes a door open", say "makes the rock wall at C on the map open"). Try to use compass directions instead of left/right/up/down (i.e., "in the SW corner" instead of "in the top right corner"). And check what's already written on the page about the enemies you encounter. For example, it's not a mini-boss and a skeleton champion when you first enter the second zone; it's just two (and possibly six) randomly generated bones undead. Just some suggestions! Keep up the good work :) --NepheleTalk 09:13, 11 June 2007 (EDT)
- Yeah sorry bout that, kindda switched t compas i think at the end but forgot to change th others. Tell me how the next looks.
Hey D521!I saw you just removed my edit on the Artifact talk page.Is there a reason that you removed it, or was it just an accident?--Skyrimplayer 22:38, 10 August 2012 (UTC)
- Wha...? Lol, no I replied to a topic, but did not in any shape or form intend to remove something... Sorry! D521talk 22:39, 10 August 2012 (UTC)
- I'ts alright!^_^--Skyrimplayer 22:41, 10 August 2012 (UTC)
You have been given a gold star!
Nice job on fleshing out the Castle Volkihar page! It's great to see Dawnguard pages without stub tags! Keep up the good work, Whispy!
Regarding image requests
Hi, I saw your requests in the Image Requests page and I believe some of them should not be there. Your Frozen Chaurus request is redundant as it already is in the Needs Image category because it is missing the |image= parameter.
Secondly is your request for Serana's article. That article is currently a stub; there isn't any NPC story on the article for placing images. According to the Requests Page: "Image requests should always pertain to content-related articles which are ready for the images". So, I suggest you remove the requests for now and wait until the article is further expanded. ~ Psylocke 15:36, 14 August 2012 (UTC)
- The request about the frozen chaurus was mostly for the reason that I thought i saw one somewhere - so i threw in a line there about it in case someone knew the location of it... Second for the Serana article, I plan to be writing that here shortly, and felt it fell close enough to the mark on it. I can remove and re-post the request in like, 12hrs, but the need for images remains lol... Whispendtalk 16:19, 14 August 2012 (UTC)
- You may want to know that some of the images you wanted already exist. "re-meeting Harkon" I assume you mean like this? and we have two for "during reading of scroll" here and . and to expand on "Various major quest points" there is an image of her waking up here and her meeting Vyrthur here. I can take any images of her you need, but you may wish to start this in a sandbox as I can see her page being very long. — Kimi the Elf (talk | contribs) 20:24, 14 August 2012 (UTC)
- Yes, those were actually exactly what I was looking for lol. I apologize if i requested images that already existed, is there some place where images are dumped for this purpose? Also Her VIP-NPC article is on my to-do list, and will be started soon, i was just getting a head start on the things I could not acquire myself. Whispendtalk 02:32, 15 August 2012 (UTC)
Ancestor Glade image
Hello, just wanted to let you know that I made the image you requested for Ancestor Glade. My highest screen resolution is 1920 x 1080, so hope it's what you were looking for, if not, I can try to get a better angle. I've updated the Image Request page with the image link. — KunvuloninKünvülänin 23:36, 13 September 2012 (GMT)
- Yeah that's perfect, there any chance you could get a good shot showing hte location of the stash at the end of the stream? It's pretty dark over there so people are having trouble finding it. Whispend (talk) 03:08, 14 September 2012 (GMT)
D521 Whispend! Nice user page ya got there ;). Sorry I wasn't able to help you out earlier, but life has been crazy so I've been away for a while. Anyway, just wanted to drop by and say hello :). eshetalk 18:17, 14 September 2012 (GMT)
Hi again! Just wanted to let you know that I removed the link to Skyrim:Hearthfire Quests from your sandbox, since the page has just been deleted. I wasn't sure if you would want it replaced with a link to some other page, so I've just deleted the link entirely. Have a good one! eshetalk 13:54, 17 September 2012 (GMT)
- Oh it's quite already, i just hadent got around to removing those boxes yet. I was just making up a few base pages for when HF came out like a half hr before release - so they are a moot point now heh. Whispend (talk) 20:38, 19 September 2012 (GMT)
Hiya Whispy! One of your requests on the Image Requests page has been filled recently. I know you've been inactive on the wiki for a couple months, and I haven't seen ya in IRC either, so I figured I'd send you a note to let you know. If I don't hear back from ya on this in one week, I'll go ahead and place the images on an article and remove the completed request. Hope everything's going well! :) — ABCface◥ 04:18, 3 December 2012 (GMT)
- Done. They didn't seem to fit on the quest page, so I put them on the place page. Feel free to move them if you see them and can think of a better layout on the quest page to include them. — ABCface◥ 05:05, 10 December 2012 (GMT)
(←) Hiya Whispy! I just wanted to let you know that your unfulfilled image request from 05:31, 14 August 2012 will be removed one week from this message unless you comment here that you'd prefer we leave it posted. Hope you're doing well. :) — ABCface◥ 04:17, 20 January 2013 (GMT)