|This article could benefit from an image.
See Help:Images for information on how to upload images. Please remove this template from the page when finished.
|Line Rank||2||Cost||6885 Stamina|
|Cast Time||Instant||Duration||8 seconds|
Attacks from behind deal 15% less damage while this effect persists.
Also grants Minor Expedition, increasing your movement speed further. Reduces the cost as the ability ranks up.
- Rapid Maneuver: Duration: [5 / 6 / 7 / 8] seconds.
Mobilize your forces, granting Major Expedition to you and your group, increasing your Movement Speed by 30% for [5 / 6 / 7 / 8] seconds. You and your group also gain Major Gallop, increasing your Mounted Speed by 30% for [27 / 28 / 29 / 30] seconds.
- Retreating Maneuver: Mobilize your forces, granting Major Expedition to you and your group, increasing your Movement Speed by 30% for 8 seconds. Attacks from behind deal [12 / 13 / 14 / 15]% less damage while this effect persists. You and your group also gain Major Gallop, increasing your Mounted Speed by 30% for 30 seconds.
- Charging Maneuver: Cost: [6885 / 6795 / 6705 / 6615] Stamina.
Mobilize your forces, granting Major and Minor Expedition to you and your group, increasing your Movement Speed by 30% and 10% respectively, for 8 seconds. You and your group also gain Major Gallop, increasing your Mounted Speed by 30% for 30 seconds.
Rapid Maneuver increases the movement speed of you and any nearby group members for 20 seconds, and grants you immunity to all snare and immobilize effects for its duration. The effect will be cancelled once an attack is made. The Charging Maneuver morph will continue to increase your movement speed by a smaller degree after the effect ends. Alternatively, the Retreating Maneuver will also reduce damage taken from behind while the effect persists.
- While you must visit Cyrodiil to acquire the Assault skill line in order to use this skill, it is by no means only useful there. Players who are not interested in PvP can still benefit greatly from this. You must play at least the siege engine tutorials in order to unlock the skill however, as your starting rank in the skill line is not enough to gain access to it.
- This bears the distinction of being the only skill that can be cast from horseback. It will increase your movement speed even more when combined with your horse's running speed.
- The effects of this skill will persist even if the skill isn't currently in your skill bar. This means you can have it in your weapon swap bar, cast it, and then swap, and it will remain active for the duration or until an attack is made.
- Though you cannot cast this (or any other) skill while swimming, if you cast it just before swimming, it will increase your swimming speed as well. This can potentially be used to get past Slaughterfish-infested waters or cross wide lava pools. Attempt at your own risk.
- While on foot, it is probably best to refrain from sprinting while using this skill. Your running speed with Rapid Maneuver is roughly equivalent to your sprinting speed without it, but sprinting will drain your Stamina, leaving you unable to cast again without waiting, or worse - leaving you without the ability to use Stamina-based attacks if you run into enemies. Not sprinting ensures you will still have enough Stamina to cast it again as soon as it expires. If you're on horseback, this doesn't apply, as sprinting depletes the horse's Stamina, not your own, so you can run full-tilt with no worries.