Mudcrabs are small hard-shelled creatures that inhabit almost every shore in Tamriel, whether that be beaches or riverbanks. There are approximately five variations ranging from the common small variant to very large and extremely dangerous variants. Mudcrabs are usually found in small numbers, but on occasion very large numbers can be found together. They are also available as pets.
Most mudcrabs are non-hostile but will defend themselves if attacked. They have a simple melee attack, and they may also burrow underground and try to attack you from behind. When killed, they may yield Leather scraps, Carapaces, and occasionally Mudcrab Chitin. If you're lucky, you may even get a Polished Shell Shard, which is needed for the Chitin Accumulator achievement.
- Carnival Conundrum: Help a carnival get back to business.
- Mother Jagged-Claw Hunt: Accept the Erabenimsun Tribe's challenge and hunt a giant mudcrab.
- Savages of Stonefalls: Slay the most vicious creatures in the Stonefalls countryside.
- Stonetooth Bash: Celebrate the New Life Festival with the Orcs of Betnikh.
Below is a list of unique mudcrabs:
- Mother Jagged-Claw - a unique mudcrab located in Vvardenfell
- Mudcrab Matron
- Prodigious Mudcrab
- Spectral Mudcrab
- Nibenay Mudcrab, a Mudcrab Pet
- Pet Rufous Mudcrab, a Mudcrab Pet
- Titanclaw's Mudcrab, mudcrabs spawned by Titanclaw
- Coral Crab, a variation of Mudcrabs found in Summerset
- Swarming Mudcrabs, summoned by Clatterclaw
- Grotto Mudcrab Swarmer Minions, summoned by Clatterclaw in combat.