Online:Glirion the Redbeard
|Glirion the Redbeard|
|Home City||Elden Root
|Location||Undaunted Enclave (Elden Root)
Undaunted Enclave (Wayrest)
Undaunted Enclave (Mournhold)
- Taking the Undaunted Pledge: Visit the Undaunted Enclave and sign the Tome of the Undaunted.
- Pledge: Direfrost Keep: Prove you are truly Undaunted by clearing Direfrost Keep.
- Pledge: Vaults of Madness: Prove you are truly Undaunted by clearing the Vaults of Madness.
- Pledge: Crypt of Hearts II: Prove you are truly Undaunted by clearing the Crypt of Hearts II.
- Pledge: City of Ash I: Prove you are truly Undaunted by clearing the City of Ash I.
- Pledge: Tempest Island: Prove you are truly Undaunted by clearing Tempest Island.
- Pledge: Blackheart Haven: Prove you are truly Undaunted by clearing Blackheart Haven.
- Pledge: Arx Corinium: Prove you are truly Undaunted by clearing Arx Corinium.
- Pledge: Selene's Web: Prove you are truly Undaunted by clearing Selene's Web.
- Pledge: City of Ash II: Prove you are truly Undaunted by clearing the City of Ash II.
- Pledge: Crypt of Hearts I: Prove you are truly Undaunted by clearing the Crypt of Hearts I.
- Pledge: Volenfell: Prove you are truly Undaunted by clearing Volenfell.
- Pledge: Blessed Crucible: Prove you are truly Undaunted by clearing Blessed Crucible.
Taking the Undaunted Pledge
Glirion will speak to the player about the pledges and the story behind how they got started.
- "Is there something I can do for you, Undaunted?"
- Maj al-Ragath asked me to speak to you about pledges.
- "Maj, Urgarlag, and I have been selected to curate a challenge for our fellows. We will be sending Undaunted into the depths of Tamriel in search of treasure and glory."
- Is that different than normal Undaunted explorations?
- "The difference is the reward. Everyday, we three decide on specific dungeons the crew will explore. Steadfasts like yourself can take a pledge to see the job done."
- Why will there be three of you?
- "Maj's demeanor best suits the new blood. I understand the fragility of life. I will not sugar coat the tasks I give our more seasoned cohorts.
- And Urgarlag will simply choose based on her desire to break you...or take you. The result is the same."
- So what are the rewards of taking a pledge?
- "You will earn keys to unlock the chests around our enclave. Harder challenges result in more keys and more opportunities to fill your pockets.
- The chests were not stocked at random. Be certain those you choose hold the treasures you hope to claim."
- I think I understand.
- "Very good. Then make you introduction to Urgarlag Chief-bane if you value tour ability to chew.
- She would not take being snubbed lightly."
- I'll be sure to speak with her.
After agreeing to speak with Urgarlag, Glirion is willing to answer more questions.
- "Make you introduction to Urgarlag brief. Sparking her ire or her interest could be detrimental to your health."
- Why is the crew doing this?
- "The Undaunted have grown in number, of late. Stalwarts like you have done too much, hauling precious treasures from the dark places in the world."
- You have too much treasure?
- "The crew did not form so that we could own manors, or barter for a seat on the Imperial Council. We formed to explore, to have fun. Why not share in our bounty, in our good fortune?"
- What did you mean about the fragility of life?
- "Ah, yes. My background is somewhat different than other members of the crew. In years past I was a Vinedusk ranger. I served in the conflict that split Valenwood asunder."
- And that's what shaped your outlook?
- "Yes. I did...things. Things I will not speak of. Today, every gasp of breath is precious to me. The sight of your pulse on your neck cheers me."
- All right. Why are you a member of the Undaunted?
- "As I said, life itself thrills me. To enter a crypt, end the undead? To face down a construct twice my height and tell the tale? Truly, that is to be alive. To be Undaunted."
- Why are they called pledges?
- "It was my idea. Many of out cohorts are drunken thrill seekers. That's not how I see life. Thus, the pledge. A pledge to explore the deep places in the world."
- Do I have a say an actual pledge to undertake the challenge?
- "I'd prefer it. Ahem. "I pledge to explore," state the name of the dungeon here, "and return Undaunted." Simple, I think. Noble."
When speak you speak to him to start a new daily pledge, he will say one of the following:
- "Your gear has suffered from the passage of time. Stem the tide. Take the pledge and earn yourself new blades to replace the old."
If you leave before claiming your reward, he will greet you with one of the following:
- "I can feel time passing us by. We will never see this moment again. Claim your reward."
- "Is there a reason for your hesitation? Take your reward. From the look of your armor, I'd say you earned it."
- "Have your experiences with the dark magics of the Daedra warped your perception of time? Do you not want your reward?"
- "Has steeping in death for so long dulled your appetite for life? Claim your reward and see if that thrills you into action once more."
- "You can study my countenance as much as you like. Wouldn't you rather have a reward?"
- "Do you not want your reward? If nothing else, you could use a new tunic."
- "Trees grow rings as you wait, Undaunted. Don't you want your reward?"
- "On reflection, your animate carcass is a welcome sight in the camp. Would you like your reward now?"
After completing the daily pledge, Glirion may say one of the following lines:
- "I do not know if you have a soul. I hear much discussion of such things. If you value yours, pray this evening. Tomorrow may bring Oblivion."
- "The next time you walk through a tomb, pause. Pick up a skull, and consider the extinguished hopes and dreams. Then come see me tomorrow."
- "You have done well today, Undaunted. You have let death pass you by for another turning of the sun. Return tomorrow ... and we shall see if you can do it again."
- "Undaunted, I have no further adventures or rewards to offer you today. Depart, so I may contemplate the fragility of my until tomorrow."
- "I live by a simple code: no debts. Makes a pleasant bartenders and ensures my death will pass unremarked. Talk to me tomorrow, and we will contemplate death again."
- "Is the Undaunted obsession with robbing the dead a reflection of some kind of inner darkness? Return to me tomorrow, and we will ponder this further."
City of Ash I
- What's the pledge today?
- City of Ash. When forests burn, they might yet be given new life. So too may it be for Whisper Grove, but not while the throngs of Mehrunes Dagon continue to spill forth from Oblivion.
Face the Daedric horde. Scatter it, and return to me Undaunted."
- And if I can handle more?
- "You wish to brand your deeds upon those woods? If you invoke the Scroll of Glorious Battle before you clip Razor Master Erthas from the tree, you may leave your mark."
- I pledge to explore the City of Ash and return Undaunted.
Talking to him afterwards:
- "Does the smoke and scent of burning dreams not appeal to you? Face the holocaust. Extinguish the flames consuming the City of Ash. Return Undaunted!"
Once you have completed the challenge:
- "You return … paler than you left. Is that soot or fear on your countenance?"
- Whisper Grove has been liberated from the Daedra.
- "Then rejoice. Your trial by fire has concluded without your life being extinguished."
- I will rejoice when I have my reward.
- "A reasonable request. Take your key, and your cut. When next we speak, tomorrow, I will put more faith in your sword arm."
- Glirion is a former Vinedusk Ranger.