Online: Direfrost Keep
- Ancestral home of the Direfrost clan, this frozen castle has long been sealed to the outside world, its owners neither seen nor heard from in generations. Mountain storms rage above the castle walls, conjured up by some unknown malignant power.
|# of Zones||1|
|Icewind Peaks, Eastmarch|
Direfrost Keep is a group dungeon found in Eastmarch. Once the ancestral home of the witch hunting Direfrost clan, the castle has been abandoned following an attack by the ice witch Drodda. A surviving member of the clan, Eboric Direfrost, needs your help to reclaim his home. You can learn about its location from Untouchable Naim outside Velyn Harbor, Twice-Lucky in Sentinel, or Felvyn the Swordarm in Windhelm.
- Direfrost Keep Objective: Explore the Direfrost Keep.
- Pledge: Direfrost Keep: Prove you are truly Undaunted by clearing Direfrost Keep.
Direfrost Keep Pledge: Explore Direfrost Keep and return Undaunted.(disabled since Patch 2.6.4)
- Draugr Stormlords, Archers and Warriors
- Frost Atronachs
- Frost Trolls
- Ice Wraiths
- Direfrost Cryomancers and Stormmasters
- Frozen Soldiers
These named enemies have two pips around their health bar to indicate their difficulty.
- Drodda's Apprentice, a powerful ice mage
- Drodda's Dreadlord, a dangerous draugr
- Teethnasher the Frostbound, a large frost troll
These named enemies have three pips around their health bar to indicate their difficulty.
- Guardian of the Flame, a draugr
- Iceheart, a large frost atronach
- Drodda of Icereach, the witch responsible for the destruction of Direfrost Keep
- The Direfrost Flame by Thorvild Direfrost — On the legacy of the Direfrost clan
- On the Interrogation of Witches — Notes on the Direfrost clan's methods of interrogation
|Set Name||Bonuses||Location(s)||Set Type|
2 items: Adds 34-1487 Armor
|Direfrost Keep||Light Armor|
|Draugr Hulk||Direfrost Keep||Medium Armor|
2 items: Adds 25-1096 Maximum Magicka
|Direfrost Keep||Heavy Armor|
1 item: Adds 19-833 Spell Critical
|Monster Helm Sets|
There are several Achievements associated with this dungeon:
- Before dungeon scaling was introduced in Update 5, Direfrost Keep was designed for levels 34–37.