The UESPWiki – Your source for The Elder Scrolls since 1995
Before accepting Three Tender Souls:
- "Newcomer, aren't you? You've got to check in with Vicecanon Hrondar."
If you speak to him after accepting Three Tender Souls:
- "I heard Vicecanon Hrondar tasked you with investigating the murders.
Yeah, well ... good luck."
- What can you tell me about Stormhold?
- "It's wet, swampy, and the damp makes me itch under my armor.
This was the Dunmer toehold in Black Marsh, back when they were enslaving Argonians. Now the town's trying to find a new line of trade, with the vicecanons based here and all."
- Who are the vicecanons?
- "The Argonians have a history with the Dunmer, so somebody thought it would be smart to have three Pact vicecanons rub the town: Viceanon Hrondar, Vicecanon Servyna, and Vicecanon Heita-Meen.
Mostly that means the Nord makes sure the other two get along."
After Three Tender Souls:
- "Missing Argonians and murdered Dunmer are one thing, but to have Vicecanon Hrondar missing, that's a different pot of stew.
The other vicecanons can't ignore this."
- What about the vicecanons?
- "Three of them oversee Shadowfen. Two were heroes of the Akaviri war: Vicecanon Servyna from Morrowind and Vicecanon Heita-Meen from Black Marsh.
Gerent Kaild is new. He's from Skyrim. I don't know much about him. He replaced the late Vicecanon Hrondar."