Oblivion talk:Shadowmere/Archive 1
|This is an archive of past Oblivion talk:Shadowmere discussions. Do not edit the contents of this page, except for maintenance such as updating links.|
- 1 Shadowmere's Gender
- 2 Greater soul?
- 3 A bit odd
- 4 Can Shadowmere drown?
- 5 Never Return to Fort Farragut?
- 6 Shadowmere Disappearing
- 7 Shadowmere and Detect Life
- 8 Wandering off
- 9 Moved from main article
- 10 Member of the Thieves Guild?
- 11 Shadowmere attacking Emperor Septim and me
- 12 Bug
- 13 A Shadow Over Hackdirt and Shadowmere
- 14 Shadowmere on drugs?
- 15 Broken Shadowmere
- 16 Weynon Priori glitch with Shadowmere
- 17 Non-Essential Shadowmere
- 18 You can get on Shadowmere when shes unconscious
- 19 Removing Horse Armor Add-on
- 20 Can't use Shadowmere as container
- 21 shadowmere dissapear (xbox 360)
- 22 I've Lost Shadowmere (Armoured)
- 23 This Command Never Finishes Loading
- 24 Source of Shadowmere's name?
- 25 A weird glitch
- 26 Never got Shadowmere
- 27 Shadowmere Gone
- 28 Shadowmere Drained Speed Reverse Drop Trouble
- 29 Never got shadowmere
- 30 Shadowmere disappeared
- 31 Shadowmere's Gender Revisited
- 32 Shadowmere Won't Move
- 33 Shadowmere aquiring effects, typos and drunkenness
- 34 Moved bug
- 35 I seem to have disappeared.
- 36 Won't return to Farragut on PC?
Definitely female. Lucien's line when he presents her to you is "Waiting just outside is a magnificent steed named Shadowmere. She has served me well. I present her now to you, as a token of my trust and love." I thought I'd better mention this as the original post comment was rather equivocal. --Rpeh•T•C•E• 02:25, 4 December 2007 (EST)
How can you trap Shadowmere's soul, I thought she was Essential. Is it useful to tell that she has a greater soul? - Korunox 18:16, 17 February 2008 (EST)
You generally can't trap Shadowmere's soul, at least not without using the Console, and although it may seem useless to put the soul level here, it's probably just standard protocol to put the soul level of a creature in that spot on the page.— Unsigned comment by 220.127.116.11 (talk)
A bit odd
After I recieved Shadowmere, I thought that I would find that I owned one horse. However, I do not. Shadowmere still seems to show up when I fast travel though. If I mount another horse will Shadowmere disappear as my horse? For example, I haven't touched the main qiest yet where you get the horse from the priory, and Shadowmere is clearly a superior horse so that paint horse. I don't want the prior's paint horse over Shadowmere. --Mole126Talk
- Shadowmere doesn't count towards your total of owned horses, which is a bit odd but it's just the way it goes. Fast travel always uses the last horse you rode, so yes - if you use the paint horse it'll switch to that one. If you don't want that to happen, don't ride the paint horse. –Rpeh•T•C•E• 05:05, 5 March 2008 (EST)
Can Shadowmere drown?
- I accidentally knocked her off a cliff by the Boethia shrine, as I saw her fly away I got the message "Shadowmere is unconscious" and that was the last I saw of her. I fast-traveled, I went to Fort Farragut, I waited.... nothing. How long does it take until she reappears? Or can you actually kill her like the Adoring Fan and kick her off Dive Rock? (I'm on 360 btw, I cant use console commands, I have to load a prior save) --18.104.22.168 21:16, 13 August 2008 (EDT)
- Well when she goes unconscious she will come back to life and make her way back to Fort Farragut. She will have to walk all the way back so depending on where she was unconscious, will you know how long you will have to wait to find her at Fort Farragut. It may be very far from Fort Farragut so you may have to wait a long time for her to get back, or it may be close to Fort Farragut and you will not have to wait long. — Unsigned comment by 22.214.171.124 (talk) at 18:19 on 21 June 2010
Never Return to Fort Farragut?
I armored Shadowmere and now she has disappeared and is not returning to Fort Farragut. Is she like deleted or still wandering around somewhere and I have to find her?
- She wanders off - it's a known problem discussed here. If you're on the pc you may be able to find her using the console. Type
player.moveto xx002116if she's wearing Elven armor or
player.moveto xx000ce6for steel. Replace the xx as described here. –Rpeh•T•C•E• 03:21, 12 March 2008 (EDT)
Load a previous saved game;in wich you still have shadowmere. Open the console and click on shadowmere.
Make sure you didn't move the load order of any other mods. If you have,just make a new save game; Shadowmere's ID will update afterwards.
His ID should appear above, write it down. Then type Player.Moveto ID
For example : Player.Moveto 20000ce6
I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY THIS METHOD HASN'T BEEN POSTED ITS WAY EASIER THEN ALL THE ABOVE. IF YOU CAN'T OPEN YOUR CONSOLE I RECOMMEND GETTING RING OF GODS.( JUST GOOGLE: RING OF CONSOLE OBLIVION)
You could also try disabling the armor pack. --ModGrenth 14:48, 27 November 2010 (UTC)
I am on a xbox 360 and have lost Shadowmere what can I do to find her? She did have the armor pack but I removed it from the system hoping that she would show back up at the fort. currently I am riding a horse from the Nine does this hinder my chance of getting shadowmere back? She has not returned yet. If anyone can help please let me know. — Unsigned comment by Pfrogne (talk • contribs)
- I seem to be having the same problem, it happened once I got pretty far into the shivering Isles. I accidentally knocked shadowmere unconscious, and s/he fell underwater. I loaded a previous save, with no luck. Oh well though, I never used him/her anyway. — Unsigned comment by Doomination (talk • contribs)
- If you removed the horse armor after you armored Shadowmere, she's gone for good as the id that references Shadowmere (Armored) is only defined in the plugin. The other problem is nothing to do with the first. If she's underwater and you can't get her out, try fast travel. –Rpeh•T•C•E• 10:23, 4 April 2008 (EDT)
- Shadowmere doesn't dissappear for ever. She's at fort farragut or if she's not there she's probably in a stable outside the city. To verify this, if you cannot find her in fort farragut, just try travel to a cave or a ruin (fast travel). As soon as you reach there, look around you and you should see her. If you don't see her and she's not at fort farragut , then u might have a serious problem that needs patching.
Shadowmere has ran away several times for me. Usually she runs away only when she gets hurt, or you try to knock her out to store stuff in her. So every time you unmount her make sure she stops within few yards. If she keeps going, just mount her for 40secs to a minute and unmount and she will stay put. Only then leave her. Otherwise she gets so emotional as she's so attached to you. ;-)
Shadowmere and Detect Life
- (moved from the article)
- At times, Shadowmere may not appear 'alive' as far as Life Detect goes. While this issue will fix itself at some point and doesn't seem to negatively affect anything else about the horse, it can be annoying when you've left her somewhere and want to find her again.
I moved this because it's more likely to be a one-off experience for a particular user. Of course, if other users have had the same problem it can go back on the article but until then it's better here. –Rpeh•T•C•E• 13:22, 25 July 2008 (EDT)
I haven't looked into this yet, but it seems (and seems likely) that one of the things that prompts her to "unexpectedly" leave you is fast-travelling while she's unconscious: when she wakes up, you're nowhere in sight and she's not "stabled", so eventually she gives up on you and goes back to Fort Farragut. I'll look at the scripts in a bit and see exactly what the triggers might be.Aliana 22:03, 12 October 2008 (EDT)
- It's even simpler than that, from what I can tell. When she "dies", you lose ownership of her just like with a normal horse. At that point, if you fast travel (or possibly even just go away for a while) before remounting her, you end up on foot and she ends up back at FF. Aliana 23:52, 12 October 2008 (EDT)
- Someone else will have to work out the exact details: I'm no good with AI packages. But basically, "Return to Farragut" becomes the active package when she isn't "last ridden horse", and "last ridden horse" is reset on horse death. What's much easier to see is the actual behavior: take her to an oblivion gate or whatever, let her die, then fast travel somewhere (it doesn't matter whether you go before she wakes up or not). If you travel to a town you won't get the "stabled" message, and if you travel to somewhere outdoors she won't be there. Also explains why the guy who used her as mobile storage had such problems with her. :) — Unsigned comment by Aliana (talk • contribs)
- I can certainly vouch for the above occurences. Shadowmere got ganged up on by a bunch of monsters (Minotaurs and the like) and she went unconscious for the first time as I entered an Ayleid Ruin. Because I was so used to her constantly being there I failed to notice that she had gone. In fact it was only recently I'd noticed. It when I checked on here that I found out where she went. Fort Farragut. No sooner had I fast-travelled there the game informed me she had returned to said-place.Bellboyjr 08:05, 16 July 2010 (UTC)
Moved from main article
- The downside to Shadowmere is that she sometimes decides to wander off, and you either have to go find her or wait for her to wander back to Fort Farragut, which may take a very long time; if you armored her, she will never return to Fort Farragut.
- To prevent this problem, check on Shadowmere after fast-traveling. If you see Shadowmere walking off into the sunset, quickly mount then dismount. Shadowmere may then stay put. Sometimes you may also need to heal Shadowmere to prevent her from wandering away.
- Nebulous, and conflicts with both CS and observed behavior, c.f. "Wandering Off" section. Aliana 20:47, 26 October 2008 (EDT)
- It's nebulous, but it definitely does happen regardless of what the CS says. I've had it happen myself and no, I don't use her as a mobile container. –Rpeh•T•C•E• 01:40, 27 October 2008 (EDT)
- I'd really like to get this pinned down before putting something as vague as "sometimes she just wanders off" in the main article, for a couple of reasons.
- People who do use her as mobile storage, or who let her get crushed by Daedroths on their way into an Oblivion Gate and then immediately fast-travel away when they leave it (understandably, since that could potentially be hours or even days later) will continue to blame it on "oh, it just happens" when it's something they do have control over at least 99% of the time, but just don't understand it.
- I've gone 20 levels with her since the "knockout" realization, and she has never "just wandered off". Not once. She wanders around a lot, certainly, and if you park her e.g. outside a Fort, go into the "circle", run up 3 flights of stairs, kill a bandit or two, etc, it's very unlikely that she'll be exactly where you left her (or even visible from there) by the time you've cleaned out the fort interior and got back there, even with time stopping while you're inside. But that's not the same as "genuinely wandered off". The claim is essentially that she randomly returns to Fort Farragut for no reason, and that, while certainly possible since almost nothing else in Oblivion actually works properly either :P, is very much up for debate or at least clarification.
- Some people can go the entire game (c.f. Timmen above) without ever "losing" her, i.e. having her not show up at their destination when they fast travel. It could be a platform/version thing; it could even be something as silly as she wandered down a steep slope, couldn't path back to the player, and gave up (though since she fast-travels "with" you even if you leave her in Anvil and run to Cheydinal on foot, that's kinda unlikely).
- What we do know are the situations that always cause her to stop being the player's horse (and thus return home), in the same way that deciding to ride the Unicorn just for fun does. We should make it very clear that these are distinct from the "mysterious abandonment" and are the player's "fault", not lump them together and just say "meh, it happens".
- I'd really like to get this pinned down before putting something as vague as "sometimes she just wanders off" in the main article, for a couple of reasons.
- The trouble is that it genuinely is a case of "sometimes". I don't like phrases like that either, but I've never had the time or energy to spend trying to pin it down. If you look around the site's talk pages you'll see that this isn't just a one-off either. This is different to the "losing her" phenomenon. I've certainly never experienced that, and I'd agree that the fast-travel-after-she-dies explanation works for that case.
- I don't have any time to spend looking into this right now but will try to find some at some point. –Rpeh•T•C•E• 04:24, 27 October 2008 (EDT)
- Seems webmonsters ate my reply last night, but none of this is Shadowmere-specific: it should all be on the Horses page.
- Go to Weatherleah. Get on the horse (if you're not already) and fast-travel to Sanguine's shrine. See what happens. Go back to Weatherleah. Get OFF the horse, fast-travel to Sanguine. Interesting, huh? Use player.moveto and you'll see where the horse is (bring up the world map) and where it's headed, and then what it does when you close the console. Need to poke at a few more things to work out the specifics, but it should give us a rough idea about what's going on.
- All sorts of interesting "secret" stuff shows up once you start digging... :) I'm going to put it on the Horses page where it belongs.
Aliana 03:21, 28 October 2008 (EDT)
Member of the Thieves Guild?
Okay, this is hilarious. My character is the leader of the thieve's guild (and in fact I completely finished the thieves guild quest line before ever murdering anybody to get into the assassin's guild). I just got shadowmere and am on my way to the first dead drop quest target. I accidentally shot Shadowmere with an arrow and up pops the "Quest added" dialogue box about how I have attacked another member of the thieves guild ("Cast out of the Thieves Guild"). This is the first time I've ever received this quest, because I've never attacked a *real* member of the thieves guild before. Can anyone offer an explanation for this? --Radix 18:25, 20 January 2009 (EST)
- Oblivion:Horses#Bugs doesn't explain this: it wasn't a stealing offense, it was specifically about attacking. "I have attacked another member of the Thieves Guild. Unless I pay the fine, I am sure to be cast out of the guild. I should talk to Armand." Also, I'm completely up-to-date with patches (and I have the unofficial patch installed. Could be a bug in that, who knows) --Radix 20:08, 20 January 2009 (EST)
- There is a bug that in earlier versions that makes Shadowmere and other horses members of what ever guild you belong to. Since its your horse, it belongs in your guild. if you attack the horse and you are in all three guilds (happened to me my first play through a while ago) you get kicked out of all three. 126.96.36.199 10:22, 3 July 2009 (UTC)Ross.
Shadowmere attacking Emperor Septim and me
I was escorting His Highness to the City and on the way a bear came along. I got off to kill the bear. His Highness ran with great speed and enthusiasm to join the fight. Shadowmere joined the battle after the bear was killed, and immediately started attacking Emperor Martin... I had no choice but to try and put down the horse before she put down the Emperor, thus ending my game. Soon as I struck her, she turned on me! I thought Shadowmere was not supposed to turn on her owner no matter what? Calcium 20:37, 19 March 2009 (EDT)
if you attack shadow she will atack back they only way to stop it is to kill her, or mount her, i dont know if fast travel works since she follows you
- (moved from the article)
- There is a glitch that causes Shadowmere to run in slow-motion. It is unknown what triggers it but it may be activated by her getting attacked numerous times. To fix it you must use a restore speed spell on Shadowmere. Learning any kind of restore attribute spell will give you the option to create a restore spell for any attribute. (As long as you have access to a spell-making alter).
- Moved because it sounds like a one-off rather than a common glitch. It's also possible that something enchanted with Damage Speed his Shadowmere. In either case, it doesn't deserve mention on the main page. –Rpeh•T•C•E• 05:03, 21 March 2009 (EDT)
A Shadow Over Hackdirt and Shadowmere
So, while I was completing the "Shadow Over Hackdirt" mission, the whole town errupted into a massacre. Shadowmere, being the faithful steed, jumps into the fight, trying to help me beat the bad guys...and disappeared! Like POOF! No more Shadowmere. I've reloaded from a previous save. No Shadowmere. I've fast traveled. No Shadowmere. Fort Farragut... NOPE. I'm on the 360 so I can't use the console. Does any one have any advice? BTW - Thanks for all the help so far, everyone! --MeBetter87 22:03, 7 April 2009 (EDT)
- I know this is a quick update - I loaded my game to the save after the massacre, fast traveled to the Fort and she was back! It's been about one game week, so I guess when it says VERY slow, it really does mean VERY. Still, has any one had the same problem though with the mid-battle disappearing act with Shadowmere? --MeBetter87 22:10, 7 April 2009 (EDT)
Shadowmere on drugs?
While i was traveling the world with shadowmere, i dicided to get a blessing at an altar. But instead that i got the blessing, shadowmere was buffed up. Now she runs around like she's on drugs. Her speed tripled or something. Anyone els got this bug? — Unsigned comment by 188.8.131.52 (talk) on 11 May 2009
I'm on the PS3, I had completed all of the quest lines except for Fighters Guild and Shivering Isles quest line. So I went through the door, started working on quests, I came back and forth a few times to dump loot in a safe container. After I was pretty much done with SI I came back through the gate. I noticed that I could walk through Shadowmere, and the impassable part that I should "climb" is a few feet away from her. I try to climb on and all my character will do is stand next to her. She won't move, so every fast travel brings her along. Is there any way to fix this? — Unsigned comment by 184.108.40.206 (talk)
Weynon Priori glitch with Shadowmere
This is the best one, I went to the priori to find the special brandy needed for a offering to a dedric shrine. now when I arrived a note at the top said that the paint horse was back at the priori, and there she was. But when I fast traveled there I was on a horse I owned (black) and shadowmere was stabled at the stable where I bought the (black) horse. What can I say I like owning stuff. Any way, The black horse was not with me when I arrived and the paint was. Now shadowmere is gone also and my stat's show me only owning 3 horses and not like before I went to the priori, then I owned a black, white, chestnut and a bay. Black horse is gone for good, shadowmere is aol and the paint I can't own anyway. I'm back to 3 horses but I will check fort farragut when I get home. I now I can't own shadowmwere but I will not buy another black horse if she comes back. — Unsigned comment by 220.127.116.11 (talk) on 2 July 2009
- You basically offered the solution yourself; check back at Fort Farragut in a few days. --Timenn-<talk> 09:41, 3 July 2009 (UTC)
you cant "own" shadow it says further up in the article that she dosnt count as an owned horse
- Essentially, Shadowmere CAN be owned, just does not count towards the stat.--Corevette789 20:21, 10 October 2010 (UTC)
After I talked to Lucien Lachance after "The Purification", I found Shadowmere just outside the Fort, but she was unessential. (I'm on the Xbox 360) Also, when I played through the questline before, she was essential. Is this a one-time thing? Skink 14:59, 10 July 2009 (UTC)
You can get on Shadowmere when shes unconscious
I was playing around with knocking Shadowmere unconscious and found out you can actually get on her while she's laying on the ground! After she's unconscious kinda jump around over her looking at her saddle and you'll see the mount icon and can get on her. The only mods I have installed are the UOP, the USIP, and all the UOMP's except horse armor(that's the only plugin I don't have) Can someone confirm this? Windwakr 20:12, 11 August 2009 (UTC)
Removing Horse Armor Add-on
I am playing the 360 version, and have lost Armored Shadowmere thanks to the glitch. Does anyone know if Shadowmere will revert back to her old programming (as in, wander back to the fort) if I deactivate the Armor Pack? 18.104.22.168 20:00, 26 October 2009 (UTC)
Can't use Shadowmere as container
The article says it's possible to use Shadowmere as a container, but when I knock the horse unconscious, while I get the icon for a container, activating it does not open a container, the cursor merely blinks and nothing happens. What am I doing wrong here? 22.214.171.124 09:44, 15 November 2009 (UTC)
shadowmere dissapear (xbox 360)
Shadowmere (no armored) dissapeared after I mounted the Unicorn (no armored),
I know about farragut and all, but the Unicorn ("special" horse, like shadowmere) is in the process replacement like other horses when mounted another one?
I killed the Unicorn for the quest. did Shadowmere dissapear forever?
126.96.36.199 00:56, 4 December 2009 (UTC)
Shadowmere will be found back at Fort Farragut. JackTurbo95 15:57, 25 February 2011 (UTC)
I've Lost Shadowmere (Armoured)
I appear to have fallen prey to the glitch that when you armour Shadowmere using the Horse Armour package, she doesn't return to Fort Farragut. I'm playing Oblivion on the 360 and have no previous saves. She hasn't appeared at Fort Farragut and it's been several in-game weeks since I lost her. Is there anyway I can get her back, or is she well and truly gone? She's also not following me to city stables when I fast travel.— Unsigned comment by 188.8.131.52 (talk) on 15 February 2010
- Sorry, she is gone. The armor actually changes the horse not just the look. The AI package is changed so she does not return to Farragut and I would recommend a black horse for your next purchase because there is no known way to get her back without the console.--Corevette789 18:35, 15 February 2010 (UTC)
I lost her with the xbox, and found her again. She would follow me around when I fast traveled, but then I foolishly rode another horse when running from guards, and so she stopped following (the horse that fast travels is the last non-stolen horse you rode). However, I thought about it, and went to the last city I was at before I rode the other horse, and there she was, waiting at the stables for me. If you lost her in the wilderness (why would you leave her?) then I guess you're screwed. However, you might just check all the horse stables to be sure. (And yes, I have her armoured.) 184.108.40.206 09:53, 16 May 2010 (UTC)Kat
- WAIT A FIX! I had the steel armoured Shadowmere and was convinced, as above, that he was gone for good. The console command for my armoured horsey did not work (sent me to some random dungeon somewhere with no Shadowmere in sight). Then I tried that trcking down console command, using the ID for the UNARMORED Shadowmere and, behold! He is returned to me! He was hanging around the place where I had armoured him. Maybe try that?
This Command Never Finishes Loading
Whenever I try to use the player.moveto command in order to move to Shadowmere's location, the game loads for like two seconds (not filling up the little bar) then fades to black, then back to another loading screen that does finish. However, on the second loading screen it never moves back to in game, it just stays with a complete bar. Am I being impatient? I've waited for about 30 seconds, which is much longer than usual for my computer and Oblivion. Yes, I've done the quest, and yes I've ridden her before. She's not showing up at Fort Ferragut and she has in the past, she is unarmored and I'm on the PC.
Just an update on my situation: I must have been doing something wrong or getting an unknown or invisible error because I just tried the moveto command and appeared right in front of her! Just a warning to other Shadowmere horse riders, she can get stuck behind the door leaving the waterfront that leads to the rest of the city. Somehow she was trapped trying to reenter the Imperial City, which would be hard for an evil horse...
Source of Shadowmere's name?
In the Fellowship of the Ring Bilbo spent much time writing a song about the Elves, and recited it when Frodo first arrives in Rivendell. In one of the verses it is said 'the lamplit towers of Tirion are mirrored on the Shadowmere.' Possible a body of water which would be a dark mass at night thus the reflection. Shadowmere being a dark horse... — Unsigned comment by CEFOmike (talk • contribs) at 19:07 on 8 March 2010
- While it's possible, I think there should be a bit more of a connection than that to put it on the main page. If there were other verses that matched up with Shadowmere or the Dark Brotherhood storyline, for example, that would make it much more likely that that's where the name came from. ‒ Robin Hood↝Talk 02:31, 10 March 2010 (UTC)
- I agree with RobinHood70. I think the connection is too thin for a mention on the main page. Darkdoom227 02:47, 10 March 2010 (UTC)
A weird glitch
- Discussion moved to Oblivion talk:Glitches#A weird glitch Not relevant to subject. Vesna 02:45, 13 June 2010 (UTC)
Never got Shadowmere
I was playing the 360 version and I had Prior Mabel's Paint Horse. I went to Lucien in Farragut and he said he would give me Shadowmere. I went outside and no one was there. I tried to fast travel to a city and prior mabel's horse was there not Shadowmere. then i went and killed the other horse hoping to spawn shadow mere and then i had no horse. I bought a new horse and then i rode it for a while, fast traveled, and it was gone. What is going on? Where did my new horse go and where did Shadowmere go? Is there a way to fix this? --220.127.116.11 20:30, 17 June 2010 (UTC)Fangles
- I do not know where your new horse went but as far as Shadowmere...Shadowmere does not officialy becaome "your" horse till you mount her. If you did not mount her, she will not fast travel with you and will not follow you around. Go back to Fort Farragut and look for her again. You might not have searched for her good enough, and she might still be waiting for you. If shes not there, try talking to Lucien again. — Unsigned comment by 18.104.22.168 (talk) at 19:10 on 21 June 2010
I'm on the Xbox 360. And I had Shadowmere for a quite a long time, went and did the Shivering Isles quest and returned to the island where the gate is in the middle of Niben Bay, to find Shadowmere waiting where I left her. One fast travel later to a Necromancer shrine and she gets attacked by the NPCs which become aggroed as soon as we arrive. Shadowmere the gung-ho horse accidentally comes into the line of fire from my arrows and (having a powerfully enchanted bow and tipped arrows, she dies instantly). When she awoke I travelled to the Imperial city where I got the 'stabled' message (incidentally I also got kicked out the Mages Guild). Except she wasn't there when I was ready to leave. Knowing how she works and having 'lost' her many times (from fast travelling, her becoming hurt or whatever) she has always re-appeared at FF. Now she has not. In fact it's been a month of adventuring game-time and I'm still waiting. Is she gone for good then? And why? — Unsigned comment by 22.214.171.124 (talk) at 12:44 on 18 June 2010
- Without having your saved game, there's nobody on the site who can tell you that for sure. My best guess would be that she's become trapped somewhere where she either keeps getting killed or can't get out of. It's hard to say. ‒ Robin Hood↝talk 14:24, 18 June 2010 (UTC)
Shadowmere Drained Speed Reverse Drop Trouble
I've had Shadowmere since I did the Dark Brotherhood which was ages ago, before I lost her and (unknown to me back then) she returned to Fort Farragut, a khajit with a drain speed weapon attacked Shadowmere and now shes REALLY slow! I've put restore speed potions on her and even put a restore speed/restore health potion on her for her to use in battle in hope of her using it to restore her speed but she won't! I've tried attacking her myself, bears, wolves everything! Any theories? 13:23, 10 July 2010 (UTC) Dayne ~ Finn Wright — Unsigned comment by Dayne (talk • contribs) on 10 July 2010
- You'll probably have to create a custom Restore Speed on Touch spell then cast it on her. rpeh •T•C•E• 14:47, 10 July 2010 (UTC)
I was hoping I wouldn't have to do that. Thanks heaps Dayne 18:15, 10 July 2010 (UTC)
Never got shadowmere
I finished the Purification quest and went outside. When i went out i looked all over the fort area and never found her. i heard that it could be a glitch so i reloaded and looked all over, but still couldn't find it. Also if it helps i'm on the 360, and the only add-ons are frostcrag tower and battlehorn castle.
i had the same problem try using decect life and see if she shows up if not then i dont know what to tell ya Lindenbrock 20:22, 10 October 2010 (UTC)
Alright, she's gone, and I've tried everything. player.moveto, placeatme, waiting at fort farragut or whatever, fast traveling, and everything else I can think of, no shadowmere. When I do the player.moveto thing, it brings me to the stables outside of the imperial city. I've noclipped under the map to see if she was there, and nothing. I've disabled horse armor and repeated the commands, still nothing. If anyone can help me find her, that'd be great.
- Hmm try enabling the unarmored Shadowmere by using these commands:
* prid 00032BF5 * enable
Shadowmere's Gender Revisited
(moved from previous, three-year-old section)
- that dosnt mean shadow's a girl people call cars girl alot but thy aernt Lindenbrock 20:05, 10 October 2010 (UTC)
- But he would have referred to her as "he" then. Horses are referred to by their gender, not just "she" like with boats, cars, and nations and whatnot.--Corevette789 20:15, 10 October 2010 (UTC)
Shadowmere Won't Move
Shadowmere won't move... I get on her to ride away and she won't move in any direction. If I "move forward" and jump though she actually does jump, which is wierd because you have to be moving to jump..... HELP?!?!? — Unsigned comment by 126.96.36.199 (talk) at 15:19 on 11 October 2010
- It sounds like she's become stuck in the ground. I can't guarantee that any of these will work, but here are a few things to try:
- Get off and try to push her a bit.
- Cast an area-damage spell at her or at the ground underneath her.
- Fast Travel while you're mounted.
- Fast Travel while you're not mounted, then come back and see if she works normally.
- As a last resort, "kill" her and wait for her to regain consciousness.
- – Robin Hood↝talk 03:42, 12 October 2010 (UTC)
Shadowmere aquiring effects, typos and drunkenness
I was using shadowmere as a portable container for quite sometime, then one time while trying to KO her i couldn't because she was healing herself or shielded. It appears she is gaining effects from the items i had stuffed her with as if they were eqiupped. Also, I had always believed her name should be 'Shadowmare' and that a typo was involved. Finally I have a habit of playing while drunk and not remembering where I put her if she does not return to FF should i assume she's fallen victim to the armour problem?
- There is a rare glitch which involves Shadowmere which is when you come out of Fort Teleman (the Mage's Guild quest The Bloodworm Helm). When you exit Shadowmere may appear stuck in the ground. Also it will say that you can't fast travel because there are enemy's nearby but if you search there are none there. If you attack Shadowmere , she will appear to fly off. Don't worry because she will eventually appear at Fort Farragut.
The editor swears it happened to him on 2 seperate files and it happened to a friend, so I moved it here just in case. Feel free to discuss, but this wont go back to the page without some convincing.--Catmaniac66 18:38, 13 February 2011 (UTC)
I seem to have disappeared.
So, after being attacked while riding Shadowmere, she was knocked unconscious. I was, naturally, knocked off the horse. However, I was invisible. I re-mounted Shadowmere when she got up again, but was still invisible. I got off again---but was still invisible. Has this happened to anyone else? And is it reversible?
Won't return to Farragut on PC?
I lost Shadowmere, and she won't return to Fort Farragut. I don't have Horse Armor installed, I tried using the moveto 00032BF5 command, and it took me to the courtyard of Battlehorn Castle. I couldn't find her there. I'm running the GOTY edition and the only mods I have are fighter's stronghold, wizard's tower, thieves' den, and vile lair. Any ideas?
EDIT: I used the prid console command and it said
Shadowmere Picked Package Travel () GetStage >> 19.00 GetStage >> 19.00
What does this mean? 188.8.131.52 14:04, 27 June 2011 (UTC)
|Prev: None||Up: Oblivion talk:Shadowmere||Next: None|