Oblivion:Horse Armor Pack
Horse Armor Pack
|Quest||Horse Armor (quest)|
|Location||Chestnut Handy Stables|
|Released||April 3, 2006|
The Horse Armor Pack is an official download that allows you to outfit any owned horse with a set of protective armor. Horse armor is purchased from Snak gra-Bura at the Chestnut Handy Stables outside of the Imperial City. Each set of horse armor costs 500 gold, and comes in Elven and Steel varieties. The two styles are simply cosmetic, and a horse with one armor style can be outfitted with the other by returning to Snak and paying the fee again. Armor can only be given to horses that you own.
As part of the related quest, the first set of armor can be obtained for free. If you don't own a horse, Snak gra-Bura will offer her Old Nag free of charge, although even with armor the nag is the weakest horse in the game. Putting armor on the horse simply increases the health of the horse rather than applying any kind of protection from damage. For most horses the health doubles, but only to a maximum value of 750. See the Horses page for full information.
- The Horse Armor Pack for Oblivion gives you the ability to outfit your favorite horse with a set of stylish armor. Snak Gra-Bura of the Chestnut Stables outside of the Imperial City has recently opened her new business and she's making horse armor available to the adventurers of the Imperial Province. You can choose elegant elven armor or durable steel to protect your mount from the dangers of Cyrodiil. —Former Official Summary
- Tamriel is a dangerous place. Protect your horse from danger with this beautiful and resilient armor. —Current Official Summary
- Quest Information — How to receive a free set of horse armor, or even a free horse.
- Creatures — 8 armored variants of horses are introduced with the download, in both Elven armor and Steel armor variations.
- Horse Armor Note — A note that entitles the bearer to a free set of horse armor
- All ownable horses, including Shadowmere, may be outfitted with horse armor. The Unicorn is excluded since it cannot technically be owned.
- Purchasing horse armor actually replaces the creature with its armored variant. This is important to be aware of if you decide to armor Shadowmere, since she will lose any items you may have given her (see notes).
- The download erroneously adds an unused item named Horse Armor Plans to the Cursed Mine, Lower Galleries. See bugs for more information.
- This DLC was heavily criticised at release for its premium price point despite adding very little to the game. It has since become the butt of a running joke within the franchise, examples of which include the Dwarven Armored Mudcrab Creation for Skyrim Special Edition and the Horse Armor card from Legends.