Oblivion talk:Ayleid Crown of Nenalata
It is possible to obtain two Crowns of Nenalata by following these steps:
- Proceed to Herminia Cinna's home, before talking to her, go upstairs to her room and open up the Ayleid Container that has the crown in it, and take the crown.
- After you have done this, go talk to Herminia Cinna about your alternatives.
- Take the key from her and go to Lindai
- Get the crown of Lindai and return to Umbacano
- Complete the next part of the quest per usual
- Return to Herminia Cinna's home and retreive a second Ayleid Crown of Nenalata from the container.
- I've moved this entire bug here because I'm not seeing this in the construction set scripts. Once stage 5 of the quest has been triggered, the crown is removed from the cask. Even if there is a way to get two crowns by circumventing the dialogue that triggers stage 5, that method would not require all of the steps listed here. It seems more likely that it's simply a matter of leveling up between two visits to Herminia's house. So I think this information needs some careful verification to determine what really needs to be done to make this glitch happen. --NepheleTalk 19:35, 23 February 2008 (EST)
- (Moved here from Oblivion:Glitches/Proposed)
- To get two Crowns of Nenalata what you must do is go through the quest Secrets of The Ayleids as normal but when Umbancano tell you to bribe Herminia go and talk to her "it doesn't matter what order you answer in it will not affect the outcome" when your done and decide to go get the Crown of Lindai go into her bedroom and open the Ayleid Cask and you will find the Crown of Nenalata in it so take it and go get the Crown of Lindai once you get the crown give Umbancano one of the crowns kill him take the crown back and go back to Herminia's house. go to her bedroom and open the cask and you should find a second Crown of Nenalata. I do not know if this works on PC but i know it works on Xbox 360 version but only if you don't have the patch. — Unsigned comment by 184.108.40.206 (talk) on 16 May 2009
Initial Level of the Crown
I've verified that when you loot the crown from Herminia's house it has its level 1-4 stats. I assume this is the same kind of bug that affects the plugins - the level is set when you start the game rather than when you encounter the item. In this case, the contents of the casket are set through a leveled list, but the casket is always present and merely enabled when the quest reaches the right point. At least, I think that's what's happening! –Rpeh•T•C•E• 13:02, 9 June 2008 (EDT)
This picture is ok, but can we get another one with a lower point of view? With this one you can barely see the sides (which are noticeably darker than actual Elven Helmets). --Ovais 19:13, 11 May 2009 (EDT)
i have the crown but it has around 5 in armor rating,wath causes it to have such a high rating when in the page it says it has 0,it is repaired 125 per cent and i have 100 in light armor— Unsigned comment by Agente00cuyo (talk • contribs) on 27 August 2009
- Anything with a base 0 Armour Rating, as long as it's armour and not clothing, actually has a base 1 Armour Rating. Then, just apply the formulae for Armor strength. 220.127.116.11 08:46, 22 October 2011 (UTC)
Still level 1-4 stats after completion
I have completed the Secrets of the Ayleids quest and the crown still has the 1-4 stats, even though I stole it at a higher level than 25 initially. I am using UOP and Supplemental. Anyone else found this? — Unsigned comment by 18.104.22.168 (talk) at 17:41 on 19 December 2010 (UTC)
- It's initially level 1-4 when you steal it. The only way to make it the 25+ version is to give it to Umbaccano, kill him after he transforms and receives the Staff, then kill him. So giving him the Lindai crown not only ruins the Lindai crown, but makes you unable to receive the Nenalata Staff or the properly levelled version of the Nenalata crown. As usual, the easy way out is a bad idea. 22.214.171.124 08:43, 22 October 2011 (UTC)
Permanent quest item effects
If you wish to get the leveled version of this helm's stats using the permanent effects from quest items glitch, you must follow this procedure:
- Give Umbacano the real helm.
- Kill him once he has fully transformed.
- Retrieve the helm from his corpse, then run away from the undead, ensuring that you are still "in danger" as you exit the ruin.
- Repair the helm. The reason it will not allow you to equip the helm is because the game reads it as a bound item which is not equipped. This can be seen if you attempt to hotkey the Helm. By repairing it, you will be able to equip it, just as if you repair bound armor, you are able to unequip it.
- Equip the Helm.
- Immediately fast travel to a city with guards right by the entrance, for example, The Imperial City's Talos Plaza District.
- Get arrested as fast as possible. I suggest running up to a guard and immediately attempting to pickpocket everything in his inventory. This is because when he catches you, it will go straight from the pickpocket menu to the arrest menu.
- Select "Go to Jail"
If all of this is done correctly, you will gain the full leveled effects of the helm permanently.Shadowrose6663 04:58, 22 May 2011 (UTC)
So I gave Umbacanno the crown from the ruin, instead of the Nenatala and he tells me to meet him at the ruins as usual. Then I went and stole the other from the lady's house. Now I've finished the quest, got the ruined crown, which seems a bit buggy in the inventory screen, and the Crown of Nenalata is stuck as a quest item. Still low stats, 0 weight. Can't do anything with it. Any advice here? --126.96.36.199 12:24, 23 January 2015 (GMT)