|# of Zones||1|
|Console Location Code(s)|
|Under Hackdirt, accessible via trap doors|
- This cave contains 28 Cairn Bolete plants and 30 Wisp Stalk plants.
- In the Hackdirt Caverns one can hear animal-like growls every few seconds. This is especially noticeable if you turn the music volume down to zero. No explanation is ever given for these growling sounds, although it is reasonable to assume they are the sounds from the Deep Ones.
- The Hackdirt Caverns is an excellent place to raise your heavy & light armor skills; simply allow the Hackdirt Brethren, preferably all of them, to gang-beat you as you stand idle. Just be sure to have enough shield and restore health potions and/or spells on hand to prevent them from killing you. And because they respawn after a few days, this can be done over and over, without any consequences.
- The exterior is located at coordinates: Tamriel -17, 15
- This location's map marker (M on map) is named Hackdirt (editor name HackdirtMapMarker). The entrance door is S of the marker, 110 feet away.
- The following plants can be found near the entrance: 4 Clouded Funnel Cap plants, 34 Fly Amanita plants, 5 Monkshood plants, 6 Somnalius plants, 10 St. Jahn's Wort plants, 8 Steel-Blue Entoloma plants, 8 Tiger Lily plants, and 71 Viper's Bugloss plants
Zone 1: Hackdirt Caverns
The primary use for these caverns is as part of the related quest, but these caverns do have a number of minor loot chests, and allow you to travel around Hackdirt without going around its exterior. There are six Hackdirt Brethren in this zone, which are hostile to you and therefore will attack you on sight. Be cautious when fighting these enemies, because the caverns are small enough so that you will alert the rest of the Dark Brethren if you get into a fight with one of them. As part of the aforementioned quest, Dar-Ma will be behind the Gate at G inside of the prison cell, which is locked. However, using the key at k, you can open the gate at G and free her. The easiest way to get to the prison cell is by entering Hackdirt Caverns through door F, which is behind a barrel on the first floor of Moslin's Inn.
- 1 Hackdirt Brother (non-respawning)
- 5 Hackdirt Brethren
- 1 Chest 01 (locked)
- 1 Chest 02
- 2 Chests 03
- 1 Chest 04
- Hackdirt Key at location k on map
- The following plants will always be found: 28 Cairn Bolete plants and 30 Wisp Stalk plants
Doors and Gates:
- There are seven doors in/out of this zone
- 2 doors (at C and D) lead outside (locked, opened by Hackdirt Key)
- 5 doors (at I, E, F, H, and J) lead out of dungeon to Marlena Brussiner's Basement, Natch Pinder's House, Moslin's Inn, Moslin's Basement, and Jiv Hiriel's House
- 1 A Rusty Door at G (locked, opened by Hackdirt Key)
- 1 bedroll at location b on map