Oblivion:Cairn Bolete Cap
|# Plants||1900 Total (22 outside, 1878 in caves)|
Cairn Bolete Cap is an ingredient which can be harvested from the "Cairn Bolete" fungus. There are 6 varieties of this mushroom which differ in cap size; all varieties yield the same ingredient. Cairn Bolete is most commonly found in caves but can occasionally be found in the wilderness.
2 guaranteed samples can be found in the following places:
It can also be found randomly in the inventories of alchemy vendors and in some loot chests.
The caves with the highest concentrations of Cairn Bolete Cap are:
- 101 plants are in Serpent Hollow Cave
- 95 plants are in Grayrock Cave
- 89 plants are in Fatback Cave
- 84 plants are in Silver Tooth Cave
- 76 plants are in Felgageldt Cave
- 73 plants are in Outlaw Endre's Cave
- 69 plants are in Onyx Caverns
- 69 plants are in Rockmilk Cave
- 68 plants are in Shattered Scales Cave
Map marker locations outside with high concentrations include:
- 14 plants are in the Arcane University gardens
- 2 plants are at the entrance to Wellspring Cave
- 2 plants are in exterior cell (14, 23)
- You may overhear a rumor concerning Cairn Bolete:
- You can find Cairn Bolete growing in caves. They're said to mark the place someone has died.
- One of the game's shopping lists provides a recipe that works even for novice-level alchemists: