Oblivion:Fort Ash

The UESPWiki – Your source for The Elder Scrolls since 1995
Jump to: navigation, search
OB-mapicon-Fort.png
Fort:
Fort Ash
(view on map)
# of Zones 2
Occupants
Goblins
(1 boss-level Goblin)
Important Treasure
1 boss-level Fort Chest
Console Location Code(s)
FortAshExterior, FortAsh01, FortAsh02
Region
Great Forest
Location
Halfway between Chorrol and the Imperial City on the Black Road
Fort Ash

Fort Ash is a medium-sized fort between the Imperial City and Chorrol containing goblins. It contains two zones: Fort Ash and Fort Ash Stockade.

Exterior[edit]

Key to Maps
Map of Fort Ash Exterior
  • The exterior is located at coordinates: Tamriel -9, 19
  • This location's map marker (M on map) is named Fort Ash (editor name FortAshMapMarker). The entrance door is NNE of the marker, 60 feet away.
  • 1 Highwayman (non-respawning) is near the entrance
  • 2 Wilderness Creatures (Forest variety) are near the entrance
  • 1 Chest 02 (locked) is near the entrance
  • The other following items can be found near the entrance: 1 Flawed Emerald, 1 Flawed Topaz, 1 Flawless Emerald, 1 Ruby, and 1 Potion of Detect Life
  • The following plants can be found near the entrance: 29 Fly Amanita plants, 7 Green Stain Cup plants, 2 Lavender plants, 22 Monkshood plants, 1 Somnalius plant, and 11 Summer Bolete plants
  • Some of the above items are clustered at location C: 1 Flawed Emerald, 1 Flawed Topaz, 1 Flawless Emerald, and 1 Ruby
  • 2 Dead Goblins (may carry a lockpick) are at locations E on map

Zone 1: Fort Ash[edit]

Fort Ash

Upon entering the fort, things appear rather quiet. Proceed until you arrive at a junction. Turn right and dispose of the opposition in the first chamber and claim the loot from the chest. Continue south until you come to an opening in the left-hand wall. Head through the opening and beware of the Swinging Maces triggered by the Tripwire at F. Continue on to large room with four pillars and a table with a chest and a Dead Treasure Hunter, both at G. Be very careful when approaching the body, as four Dart Traps (D), one on each pillar, will shoot at you from all directions. Head north and jump over another Dart Trap (D) until you reach a large room with a leveled Goblin, two chests, a bedroll at b and a roasted rat. Loot the chests then take the southwestern path unto the bridge above. Finally, enter the second zone, Fort Ash Stockade through door C.

Occupants:

Treasure:

Traps:

Doors and Gates:

  • There are two doors in/out of this zone
    • 1 door (at Out) leads outside
    • 1 door (at C) leads out of dungeon to Fort Ash Stockade

Other:

  • 1 Dead Treasure Hunter (carries light armor, one weapon, unenchanted loot) at location G on map
  • 2 bedrolls at b

Zone 2: Fort Ash Stockade[edit]

Fort Ash Stockade

This area is fairly straightforward. Upon entering, proceed straight ahead and deal with the one or two goblins in the alcove to the left before looting the two chests around the corner to the right. The path leading east is blocked by three gates, D, E and F, and there are four handles on the walls that you can turn (cyan dots on map). Three of the handles raise the gates, while the fourth lowers one of the gates. The handle just left of the gates opens gate F and the adjacent handle opens door E. The handle just right of the door opens gate D. Proceed forward and make sure to turn left at the intersection, as the other path leads to a rat pen and nothing else. Above the pen is a bridge guarded by two Goblins, one of them boss-leveled (A) and the boss chest at B. Finally backtrack to door C leading back to Fort Ash.

Occupants:

  • 1 boss-level Goblin at location A on map
  • 2 Goblins
  • 1 Goblin Enemy (each 80% probability Goblin, 13% Rat, 7% Mud Crab)
  • 4 Rats

Treasure:

Doors and Gates:

  • There is one door (at C) in/out of this zone, leading to the zone Fort Ash
  • 3 Portcullis Gates at D, E, and F

Other:

  • 1 bedroll at location b on map