Oblivion:Fingerbowl Cave

The UESPWiki – Your source for The Elder Scrolls since 1995
Jump to: navigation, search
OB-mapicon-Cave.png
Cave:
Fingerbowl Cave
(view on map)
# of Zones 4
Occupants
Necromancer Enemies, Undead
(1 boss-level Bones Undead, 1 boss-level Undead)
Important Treasure
2 boss-level Coffins
1 Security Skill Book
Console Location Code(s)
FingerbowlCaveExterior, FingerbowlCave, FingerbowlCave02, FingerbowlCave03, FingerbowlCave04
Region
Great Forest
Location
North of the Imperial City, West of the Silver Road
Fingerbowl Cave

Fingerbowl Cave is a large cave between the Imperial City and Bruma containing necromancers. It contains four zones: Fingerbowl Cave, Fingerbowl Cave - Servant Crypt, Fingerbowl Cave - Noble Crypt, and Fingerbowl Cave - Lord Crypt.

Notes[edit]

  • This cave contains 15 Cairn Bolete plants and 6 Wisp Stalk plants.
  • A large cave complex lies south of the main section of Fingerbowl Cave - Servant Crypt but cannot be accessed in the normal game. It is populated by slaughterfish, which indicates the section was supposed to be underwater, although this is not the case.
    • PC Only This issue has been addressed by the Unofficial Oblivion Patch; it adds trapdoors and ladders to the inaccessible area, changes the slaughterfish to undead, bridges a chasm and makes other significant fixes.

Exterior[edit]

Key to Maps
Fingerbowl Cave, Exterior
  • The exterior is located at coordinates: Tamriel 3, 26
  • This location's map marker (M on map) is named Fingerbowl Cave (editor name FingerbowlCaveMapMarker). The entrance door is NNW of the marker, 40 feet away.
  • 2 Wilderness Creatures (Forest variety) are near the entrance
  • The following plants can be found near the entrance: 3 Fly Amanita plants, 2 Green Stain Cup plants, 2 Lavender plants, 17 Monkshood plants, 5 Primrose plants, and 1 Summer Bolete plant

Zone 1: Fingerbowl Cave[edit]

Fingerbowl Cave
The imposing altar of Fingerbowl Cave (F)

Like the other zones of this dungeon this one is very extensive and has a large number of intersections. The first room you enter is a large chamber with two ledges on opposite sides. You and an enemy are on one of them. Try to proceed with stealth here, taking out the enemy closest to you and then the other two. On the opposite ledge is an altar with the Security Skill Book: Advances in Lock Picking (F)

To continue take the stairs leading down into the crevasse between the ledges. The tunnel that exists the crevasse leads to the first intersection. This is probably the most important of the level: if you go straight through the intersection, you will pass through a series of corridors and small rooms until you reach trapdoor C to Fingerbowl Cave - Servant Crypt. Only one room is located slightly off-course but is easily identifiable.

If you turn right at the intersection, you will first arrive in a room with trapdoor E to Fingerbowl Cave - Lord Crypt and another intersection. Head right, as left only leads to a Cave In Trap (T). In the next room you are faced with yet another intersection: the first on the left leads to trapdoor D to Fingerbowl Cave - Noble Crypt while the second on the left leads to a small room with an enemy and a minor loot chest. Be wary of the Cave In Trap in the corridor.

Occupants:

Treasure:

Traps:

  • 2 Cave In traps at locations T on map

Doors and Gates:

Zone 2: Fingerbowl Cave - Servant Crypt[edit]

Fingerbowl Cave - Servant Crypt
The Servant's Crypt (B)

In comparison with the other zones of this cave, this one is fairly straightforward. You enter from door C and immediately find yourself at an intersection: if you turn right you will quickly find yourself in a very large chamber containing a large number of stone coffins, the Boss-level Undead (A) and the Boss Coffin (B).

If you turn left you will arrive in a large room absolutely filled with stacks of coffins. You will also find two enemies and a Zombie corpse. Of the many coffins only 6 contain some loot: 3 in the right end of the room, 1 in the center and 2 in the left end. The next room also contains a large number of coffins and an enemy. Again, only one contains loot.

Occupants:

Treasure:

Doors and Gates:

  • There is one door (at C) in/out of this zone, leading to the zone Fingerbowl Cave

Zone 3: Fingerbowl Cave - Noble Crypt[edit]

Fingerbowl Cave - Noble Crypt

Like the first zone this one is also quite complex, with plenty winding passages and intersections. In the first room you enter from door D you are immediately faced with one: straight ahead leads you through a series of passages until you reach a small room with up to 3 enemies; along the way are two minor loot chests.

Right brings you to the better part of the current level. A series of corridors and small rooms lead you to a large chamber; where you will find yourself on a ledge. On a lower level are up to three enemies, try to use the advantage of the high ground to your favor by taking them out while they are below you or trying to climb up.

In the next corridor be wary of the Falling Logs Trap (G), which is activated by the tripwire at F. You may also use it to your advantage to take out the enemies in the next room. The final room is quite large and contains up to four enemies; try to take them out one by one.

Occupants:

Treasure:

Traps:

Doors and Gates:

  • There is one door (at D) in/out of this zone, leading to the zone Fingerbowl Cave

Zone 4: Fingerbowl Cave - Lord Crypt[edit]

Fingerbowl Cave - Lord Crypt

This zone, which resembles a mine with its big wooden structures in the middle of the rooms, is quite small and relatively straightforward. Immediately after entering from door E you will find yourself at a three-way intersection. If you go left, be wary of the Swinging Mace Trap (F), which is triggered by the pressure plate at G. The passage leads you to a room with two enemies and a minor loot chest.

Straight ahead is a corridor with yet another Swinging Mace (also F) which is this time triggered by the tripwire at H. The next room also contains two enemies and a minor loot chest. If you head right, you will notice that the corridor is trap-free, but you will find a Boss-level Bones Undead (A) guarding the Boss Coffin at B inside the next room.

Occupants:

  • 1 boss-level Bones Undead at location A on map
  • 3 Undead Enemies (each 83% probability Undead, 17% Rat)
  • 1 Nuisance Animal

Treasure:

Traps:

Doors and Gates:

  • There is one door (at E) in/out of this zone, leading to the zone Fingerbowl Cave