Morrowind talk:Glitches/Archive 1
|This is an archive of past Morrowind talk:Glitches discussions. Do not edit the contents of this page, except for maintenance such as updating links.|
- 1 Patch notes
- 2 Water Walking
- 3 Removing Bounties
- 4 Textures glitch
- 5 Overflow Loot Bag
- 6 Full Bound armor causes crash
- 7 Remove the stolen flag from illicit goods
- 8 Bizarre beast/terrain interaction
- 9 Incurable Blight
- 10 high amount of Fortify Speed causes crash
- 11 Move Foward command doesn't work
- 12 Soultrap glitch
- 13 Sell Nothing For Money
- 14 Soultrap glitch
- 15 moved from article
- 16 Another enchanting glitch?
- 17 Excape Imperial Prison Ship
- 18 Soul Gem Glitch
- 19 Self-Unequipping Spells
- 20 my map is gone how
- 21 1 hit weapon break
- 22 Moving NPCs
- 23 HELP!
- 24 Permanent Stat/Skill Buffs
- 25 Permanently Knockdown'd
- 26 Fast talking NPCs
- 27 Imperial Legion Rank Skip
- 28 Moving NPCs XBox Fix
- 29 Sound Level Glitch
- 30 Enemy Health Bar Strangeness
- 31 See-Through Static and Odd Static Size Difference
- 32 Fallthrough
- 33 carpet effect
- 34 Player and follower collision when entering a room (Xbox)
- 35 Fall through the Suran Temple
- 36 Post-Main Quest Netch overpopulation
- 37 Impossible to free slaves after the Main Quest?
- 38 Disappearing Sharn
- 39 Going to Jail While in the Excise Office
Shouldn't a lot of these (particularly the last section) have "Patched in version x.xx" notes? Do they remain valid glitches if they've been fixed via updates? --18.104.22.168 05:08, 25 February 2007 (EST)
yes ur right but well then they should also do that for the Oblivion glitches as well --Duncans pumpkin 07:39, 25 February 2007 (EST)
- Not everybody downloads all the patches - particularly Xbox users, since the game (AFAIK) wasn't set up for Xbox Live the way the Oblivion patch is. Thus, it makes sense to list the glitch, even if it has been patched. Of course, it should also be mentioned that it was patched, though it's possible in many cases that people won't know which patch fixed the problem, as there were a couple in Morrowind, not to mention the two expansions each fixed a few things as well. (And for the Xbox version, the GOTY edition included all of these.) Anyhow, when in doubt, if the bug existed before and doesn't anymore, just say "Patched in the latest version", and leave it open for someone who knows better to say exactly when. --TheRealLurlock Talk 10:57, 25 February 2007 (EST)
I was playing Morrowind on my X-Box with my friend a few minutes ago. He dared me to jump off of the Ministry of Truth. I made the jump and landed in the water, then when I climbed to shore and cast a water walking spell, my character died! Does anyone have an idea on how/why this happened? As a sidenote, he was floating in midair in the underwater death position. C_Garrison 16:26, 19 November 2007 (EST)
- This is pretty standard and should probably be listed, though I don't know enough details to do write it up myself. The "climbing to shore" step isn't needed to produce this glitch： any long fall into water, followed by a "Water Walking" spell prior to moving to a different cell, results in fall damage.
- I do wonder though if this is related to the glitch whereby if you jump off the upper level of a Vivec canton to the lower level, you take no damage unless you're within a few metres of a bridge. (This is a very handy shortcut!) I've always supposed that this is because the fall takes place "above" water, but haven't the expertise to determine exactly what's going on. Petrushka 06:17, 5 October 2008 (EDT)
- I'd like to add to your comment on the bridge
- I have noticed, when landing next to the bridge, you take damage, but, generally, when landing on the bridge, you still take no damage.Justeazy 22:55, 25 May 2009 (EDT)
It appears that you can't drop your money and still get the bounty taken off on the Xbox GOTY version of morrowind. Perhaps this should be listed? — Unsigned comment by 22.214.171.124 (talk) on 11 December 2007
- Yeah, I just read this page and thought the same thing since I have seen this glitch on other sites and have tried this before on the Xbox GOTY, with unsuccessful results. Instead of removing your bounty, the character will say something to the effect of "You don't have enough money." Anyways, I'll edit the article accordingly. Adoring Fan 21:41, 14 September 2008 (EDT)
- Just played the XBox GOTY, and this DOES work, if you are standing directly on your money, and it's equal to or greater than the ammount owed, rather than dropping it anywhere. The glitch will still work exactly the same (as in no loss of $) but you must be standing directly over your money. Justeazy 22:57, 25 May 2009 (EDT)
Is this realy a glitch? Befor when I played the game, I thought that was ment to happen! Could someone confirm if this happens on PC as well? If it does then we can assume it's not a glitch. — Unsigned comment by 126.96.36.199 (talk)
- Yes, it happens on the PC as well. I don't know whether it really qualifies as a 'glitch', but there again I don't know if it is 'supposed' to happen. --Gaebrial 08:24, 12 January 2008 (EST)
Overflow Loot Bag
The overflow loot bag needs more spading. Do items that were already there count towards the amount needed to make the bag? Is there any way to get rid of the damn thing? Is there any way to prevent it from appearing? It's seriously hindering my desires to decorate Rethan Manor exactly as I choose...Jihiro 20:07, 15 January 2008 (EST)
- Technically, is it correct to call the Overflow Loot Bag a "glitch"? It's clearly a feature, designed to prevent slow-downs from too many items in the room. It may be a feature that is annoying to the player, and not something you'd normally expect, but the general definition for a glitch is something that doesn't work as the developpers intended, which is clearly not the case here. (Otherwise, why would they have created a container, called it "Overflow Loot Bag" and hardcoded it to function the way it does?) It works exactly the way it's supposed to. I think this should be removed from the Glitches page. Certainly it needs to be discussed somewhere, but not here. Maybe it should get its own page? --TheRealLurlock Talk 22:29, 30 November 2008 (EST)
- On the Oblivion version of this page I created a "Non-Glitches" section for "things that look like glitches but aren't". It's true that the loot bag isn't a glitch, but most people will automatically assume it is and look for information here. Perhaps the same solution could be applied to this page? –Rpeh•T•C•E• 08:43, 5 December 2008 (EST)
- Makes sense to me, especially since the Non-Glitches section of the Oblivion page is used for the exact same purpose - the Overflow Loot Bag. Though I'd feel better in both cases if there was more than one entry to warrant it being a whole section. But since we've already done it that way there, it's only consistancy to do so here as well. --TheRealLurlock Talk 09:32, 5 December 2008 (EST)
Looks great. Now that we're on the subject, is this item limit confirmed? I've never seen it on the PC and I've got a ton of junk in some cells. Also, there should be the console commands for removing it, and the (unconfirmed) tip I've just made up to temporarily disable the bag to pick up what loot it covered. Isn't there also a problem with the last item dropped before the OLB appears being in a stack? Lukish_ Tlk Cnt 09:39, 6 December 2008 (EST)
- It definitely happens in the PC version - I've seen them occasionally, and I don't have an Xbox. However, I can't confirm the count - I may have a lot of spare time on my hands, but not so much that I'm going to count every item in the room when there's over 1000 of them... --TheRealLurlock Talk 10:25, 6 December 2008 (EST)
Full Bound armor causes crash
|Bound Items || Just don't, since you can't unequip them. If you use Bound Armor with soul trap with a full suit of it your games will crash.
- AFIK, anytime a piece of bound armor replaces another pieces of armor that replaces another, the game fails a sanity check. i.e. a helm with Bound curiass and a curiass with Bound helm. --Benould 19:42, 15 March 2008 (EDT)
- True, but the note is referring to the 'soul trap' glitch - casting a spell with an 'on self' beneficial effect and an 'on target' soul trap effect. What the note is saying, and what needs verifying, is that if you make use of this glitch to give yourself some constant bound armor, you can't remove the armor and/or it crashes the game. --Gaebrial 09:45, 17 March 2008 (EDT)
Remove the stolen flag from illicit goods
- (moved from the article)
This handy glitch will make a stolen item non-stolen. Put that stolen item into someone's merchant chest (works best with general traders) then buy that item. Only tested on Xbox GOTY, no information yet if it works on non-GOTY or PC.
Dont work for mages guild items. if you ever sell(show) it again for a mage they will know.
- It appears this doesn't work in several cases so I've taken it off the main page until more research is done. –Rpeh•T•C•E• 09:00, 5 May 2008 (EDT)
- Isnt there a case where if you steal an item from a merchant then ALL instances of that item will always be treated as stolen to that merchant? The specific instance of diamonds stolen from Nalcarya of White Haven is mentioned elsewhere. --Brf 11:44, 5 May 2008 (EDT)
- Correct, TFH (the ToggleFullHelp console command) will show you the list of owners for any item. If an item is stolen, your inventory adds that ownership to all further like items. Example: Player steals Muck from an alchemist shop, then finds some in a smuggler's crate. The muck they already had and further muck they harvest from the wild is marked with ownership by the alchemist and the smuggler. If the player tries to sell any muck to the alchemist, the alchemist will recognize the muck as their own. If the player's arrested all muck will be contraband and confiscated. Lukish_ Tlk Cnt 13:42, 17 October 2008 (EDT)
- Isnt there a case where if you steal an item from a merchant then ALL instances of that item will always be treated as stolen to that merchant? The specific instance of diamonds stolen from Nalcarya of White Haven is mentioned elsewhere. --Brf 11:44, 5 May 2008 (EDT)
Bizarre beast/terrain interaction
Shortly after snapping my Slaughterfish-Beached.jpg on Azura's Coast, I ran into some weird terrain glitches. First, I could see a nix hound in the distance, through a rock-piller terrain image. I was going to screen-snap it, but I was attacked from behind. When I turned around, there was nothing there. One or more nix-hounds were inside the terrain. All I could see of them was their arms attacking me right through the scenary. I could not attack them, so I started wildly snapping images. Out of 30 images, almost all of them were simply terrain, with-or-without red edges. Two of them show the arms sticking out of the terrain - File:MW-glitch-Botched Terrain.jpg. --Brf 07:25, 14 May 2008 (EDT)
- Thanks, Rpeh, I wondered how to do that image-link without the image showing --Brf 09:25, 14 May 2008 (EDT)
- that's similar to the time i attacked a Cliff Racer and it fell through a boat, into the terrain. the terrain in the game must not always be solid for NPCs. — Unsigned comment by 188.8.131.52 (talk) on 7. September 2008
I'm not sure if this works on all versions but it does work on the PC w/Bloodmoon AND Tribunal. To reproduce this glitch, go into the Morvayn Manor in Ald'ruhn where there are lots of corpus people. Kill them, then search the bodies of the lame corpruses. if you get Black-Heart Bligh you can't cure it. I tested this by getting a Nord of mine the blackheart blight. I spent 100k on cures and it didn't work. So don't search lame corpruses. — Unsigned comment by 184.108.40.206 (talk)
- Actually, you can, if you complete the part of the Main Quest where you need to cure yourself of Corprus, or by opening the secret panel of the central pillar in the Gnisis Temple and activating the real Ashmask inside. Zanicolu 15:11, 15 June 2011 (UTC)
- Have you actually tested this? There have been reports of incurable blight, here and with the Disease Carrier quest. --Brf 15:20, 15 June 2011 (UTC)
- Yeah, and sometimes, not always but you can use the soul trap glitch with cure common AND blight disease, and at the same time of casting take one of each cure potion, but not poison. It may show as though you still have it but the negative effects are gone. Zanicolu 22:15, 15 June 2011 (UTC)
- If you are using a glitch to cure it, you might as well use the console. We are talking about curing it using the existing cures within the game. I personally have had this happen to me, and the blight was not curable. --Brf 13:23, 16 June 2011 (UTC)
high amount of Fortify Speed causes crash
Removed from main page: "|Fortify Speed || Causes problems where you move faster than the game generates terrain." At least on the xbox, the game freezes with 300+ speed, i.e. Boots of Blinding Speed and a 100 speed stat. --Benould•T•C 17:41, 18 June 2008 (EDT)
Move Foward command doesn't work
I'm having problems with moving forward (w key). When I try to hold the key down to move forward, my character will go for a second or two and stop moving. All other movement directions work, and the q-key for automatically moving forward works as well. I tried mapping the move forward command to a different key, and it still did not work. I just reloaded an old save, and the command worked fine. I have Tribunal and Bloodmoon and the latest official patch as well as the latest unofficial patch. The only other plugins I'm using are official ones.
Any idea how this happened? Is there any fix? Will it eventually correct itself, or will I have to reload an old game? I know this isn't really a glitch, but I don't know where else to put this. 220.127.116.11 20:01, 7 August 2008 (EDT)
- I just tried again on an old game, only this time the move forward command was not working. I tried a new game, and it did not work in that either. I tried running it without any downloaded plug-ins, without the expansion packs, and with just plain Morrowind, and nothing worked. I've tried restarting the game and restarting my computer, and it hasn't worked. If no one knows an easy way to fix this, I'm going to try reinstalling the game to see if that fixes it. 18.104.22.168 20:20, 7 August 2008 (EDT)
- I completely uninstalled and reinstalled the game, expansions, and patch. Didn't fix it. I have no idea how to fix it now and can't find anywhere to get help. 22.214.171.124 19:23, 8 August 2008 (EDT)
I'm a big fan of the soultrap glitch - it's how I manage to carry around several thousand pounds/kg's/N's of equipment - but I've read that any change made with the soultrap glitch is permanent. However, after becoming a werewolf and transforming back in Bloodmoon, I noticed that my total encumbrance was about 2k over. Is this just a bug or does becoming a werewolf really dispel any soultrap glitch you used previously. If it does, should it be noted somewhere on the page?--penguin0719 15:19, 14 October 2008 (EDT)
- I don't know if it does that. But I don't think this page should cover all the problems exploiting glitches bring with them. Exploiting a glitch in general causes unexpected behavior, so it shouldn't be surprising if unexpected things happen. --Timenn < talk > 02:53, 17 October 2008 (EDT)
In the list of spells not to use this glitch on, Reflect is said to be bad because it has the opposite effect, making enemies reflect stuff to you - has this been verified? Narfblat 04:10, 31 January 2009 (EST)
Sell Nothing For Money
The glitch seems to only work once as described (on the patched PC version at least). With attempts after that I find the extra gold becomes "cost" after you buy/take back your stacked items, and the merchant no longer buys gold. As the glitched cost is up, the transaction is then to the player's disadvantage. Am I the only one with this?
- I've had the same problem, and this is what I have noticed. (GOTY edition)
- Sometimes, different merchants will go in reverse of this trend. I'm not sure what causes it, or why and how, but if buying in bulk then selling indiv doesn't work, try selling bulk and buying indiv, or viceversa.
- It worked for me when I had this problem, I have to switch at will sometimes. XDJusteazy 23:05, 25 May 2009 (EDT)
Is there any real point to putting this under "non GOTY" glitches? It obviously works on it, so there is really no need at all to have it under there. Even if it's noted that it works, it still seems pointless to put it under this section instead of the normal glitches.
- I'll confirm, it works on GOTYJusteazy 23:08, 25 May 2009 (EDT)
moved from article
restore health,fatigue,and magicka HEALTH:go to the attribute page then highight health and press black,white,black 3 times hold A until full MAGICKA:go to the attribute page then highight magicka and press black,white,white,black,white hold A until full FATIGUE:go to the attribute page then highight fatigue and press black,black,white,white,black hold A until full these cheats only work on xbox as far as I know and it will only glitch up the game if your xbox is in very very very very poor condition
I moved this here from the page. I'm certain this is false, but I know close to nothing about Morrowind so I'm giving it the benefit of the doubt by leaving it here for scrutiny. --Darth NANAME 22:36, 24 May 2009 (EDT)
- It DOES work on XBox (at least GOTY)
- I'd like to add this: (formatting/clarification)
- HP: BWBBB
- MA: BWWBW
- FA: BBWWB
- Enter any of these codes by highlighting that bar on your character stats page. Then, press and hold A, and exit the menu with B
- As long as you don't enter the menu again, your HP/MA/FA bar will be on constant restore (about 100/s, I believe) effectively making you in-fatigueable, or invincible, as long as you don't take too big a hit at once.Justeazy 23:12, 25 May 2009 (EDT)
Another enchanting glitch?
We all know how to enchant with constant effect something without using a GS/AS soul, but playing with that today, I discovered another, similar glitch: (XBox GOTY in case anyone's wondering) With some effects, you can set them very high and be effectively invincible (such as reflect 100%) but you don't have enough room to enchant(costs 5000, highest avaliable is 225). However, if you set it to 100, select OK, then set it back down to 1, and it shows the "preview" of the price/charge cost/etc. it will be the value of the lower setting. Then, press back. The enchantment will still display "SPELL 100 pts/% on self" but it will only have the costs of the 1 magnitude. I have only tried this with a fortify attribute (trying to fortify all attributes 100) but it doesn't work ("work" as in a good enchantment with minimal cost) with those. I doubt that this could work, but I haven't seen any mention of anything like this on here, so I was wondering if this could be done with any effects, as I don't have the resources to test it, or if anyone has already found it (probably, since this has been out for years) and proven it false. Justeazy 16:34, 29 May 2009 (EDT)
Excape Imperial Prison Ship
Why did you delete my posting here about leaving the Imperial Prison Ship by means of jumpping through the gap? I assure you it is possible and that I did it twice, and I can do it again to be sure. I was very detailed because it is very hard. I know its not very useful, and I did add a few not so funny comments, but I was extremely satisifed with myself after 2.5 hours of trying and sweating to do this. I know you have a good reason, and I will stand by it, I just want to know what it is. Thank you, keep up the great work on the site! — Unsigned comment by 126.96.36.199 (talk) on 2 July 2009
- I wasn't the one that deleted it, but I wholeheartedly endorse the edit summary of the editor who did: "Too long and elaborate, already covered by a similar walkthrough". Read Morrowind:Glitches#Escape_Census_and_Excise_Office. Thanks for your post... but it was redundant. –rpeh•T•C•E• 20:11, 3 July 2009 (UTC)
Soul Gem Glitch
i know i read about this before somewhere but i can't seem to find it and was wondering if it was fixed. If you steal a soul gem of any size, containing a soul or empty, all soul gems you pick up or buy from then on are owned buy the person you stole the one gem from. Sigil 01:27, 14 August 2009 (UTC)
- Actually, that applies to any theft; steal one of an item, and all of that item are marked as stolen from that npc. There is no real fix for it, as that's just how the theft system was set up. However, I believe you can clear "stolen" markers from your saved game with enchanted editor. Narfblat 08:19, 23 September 2009 (UTC)
- This issue does affect all items. However, Soul Gems are by far the most destructive: If you steal the next-to-impossible to resist soul gems from Galebdir, any soul gem of that TYPE will turn her hostile. This is bad, since she's most peoples goto enchanter, given her locaiton. This means if you steal the Grand Soulgem from her table, ANY grand soulgem with ANY soul will result in her going hostile and your expulsion from the guild.
The page says: "After a certain amount of time, equipped spells unequip themselves."
I've found that this happens whenever you get a new enchanted item (EG looting a 6th house ammy from a corpse). Anyone else noticed this? 188.8.131.52 22:47, 3 October 2009 (UTC)
- Yup, I noticed that too. It seems restricted to enchanted items that have to be cast manually (instead of Constant Effect and Cast on Strike). I've changed the article to reflect this. Nicely observed though! --Timenn-<talk> 14:33, 8 October 2009 (UTC)
my map is gone how
Where is my map one day i was playing my game i just got an artifact i looked at my map it was unexplored but when got a location like a tomb it showed the name i don't know what had caused this and i don't know how to fix this. — Unsigned comment by Darkareus12 (talk • contribs) at 18:17 on 14 November 2009
- Not quite sure what the issue is there, do you mean it's no longer revealing the map as you move? If that's the issue, it often clears itself when you change cells. Cell = loaded game area; when you get a pause, possibly with a loading message, you are changing cells.Narfblat 07:06, 19 November 2009 (UTC)
1 hit weapon break
Whenever I use a weapon on any character after 1 use the weapon automatically breaks. I have re-installed morrowind and everything. Please help me if there is a console command.--Corevette789 02:26, 10 January 2010 (UTC)
In the article it says that typing "ra" in the console will put the NPCs into their starting(original) positions. But I found that often it doesn't change anything at all. 1)Some NPCs will not revert back to their original place. I used to think the bug only affected NPCs from Mods but I have had NPCs from both vanilla MW and mods affected by "ra" and some that weren't. 2)Even if "ra" is working on them, some moving NPCs will at once walk/run back to where they were when the command was entered. (I had some dunmer in Balmora who had fallen into the river. When I entered "ra" he returned to his starting position, only to immediately walk back to and plummet into the river again) I'm running MW/Tribunal with the latest UMP patch (for MW/tribunal. Does anyone know what causes these glitches? -Meisterdieb 19:01, 29 January 2010 (UTC)
What was the Dunmers name?--Corevette789 19:14, 29 January 2010 (UTC)
- Not sure. It's one of the two dunmer males walking around on the west side of the river. Either the sleeper one or the other non-relevant NPC. But I had it happen to the orc in Balmora as well. -Meisterdieb 15:11, 30 January 2010 (UTC)
- The orc's schedule should not carry them anywhere near there (I don't believe she leaves her house) this kind of sounds like a one-off. Has this happened on multiple profiles?--Corevette789 20:20, 26 February 2010 (UTC)
HELP! my game always says "the disk is unreadable press A to retry" whenever i go outside and i have the GOTY xbox version so i can't use the consle and i had the plain morrowind and had my save game in side the mages gulid and it's not really fun to run around the mages gulid is it? so if anybody knows a fix please tell me!
- Funny, I had the exact same thing. Is is Original Xbox? If so its toast mine has been doing that for years now.--Corevette789 01:33, 5 March 2010 (UTC)
yeah i have the original xbox it will rarely work but that's really rare oh and my save game works fine on my old morrowind and my other files work fine on the GOTY one! — Unsigned comment by 184.108.40.206 (talk) on 5 March 2010
oh and i tried going to khull and saved out side but same thing happend mabye if i try going inside and get it to work!(by trying for a hour)
MAN! i just got it to work! if you want a fix i'm about to tell you one! but you'll need the old morrowind ok first go to khuul and pick the lock on a house and go inside and sleep in the hamic(bad spelling intended)for about 5 days and when you go out side it will problly work!(i said problly) so if you ever read this you'll problly have a fix! and i don't like TOAST!
Permanent Stat/Skill Buffs
If you create a spell of Fortify Stat (ex: Strength, Luck, Willpower, etc.) on self for 1 second and Soultrap on target for one second and cast it at the ground, the stat bonus will last until said stat is damaged. It can be used unlimited times, and if you buy the Fortify Skill spells from the Tribunal expansion you can permanently increase your skills as well.
- the soultrap glitch is already posted, no need to discuss adding it again. However, it could use a move from "xbox only" to the all-platform section. By the way, it works for other spells as well, and the target effect does not have to be soultrap. Narfblat 07:44, 22 March 2010 (UTC)
Didn't see this listed: As you know, when you fatigue reaches a negative number, you pass out.
However, in the Game of the Year edition for the Xbox, if you reach a negative fatigue while restoring fatigue (with the cheat or Azura's Ring), you can get stuck passed-out - if this occurs you will not be able to move, use spells/scrolls, or complete the game.
Things that I've tried, which did not help:
- Restoring Fatigue
- Teleporting elsewhere using the 'Mazed Band' (TR)
- Various item removals/additions
- Lowering Fatigue back down
- Restoring, Fortifying, Draining, Damaging potions and effects - you name it.
After all was said and done, Saving and Restoring at the same point undid my knockdown, but in other cases this did not seem to work; in those cases, I had no choice but to load old games or restart the gams. --220.127.116.11 09:24, 24 April 2010 (UTC)
Fast talking NPCs
A glitch which doesn't seem to have been noted by anyone else yet - if you fall from a reasonable height onto an NPC's head, the voice of that NPC will be faster and high-pitched, much like a cassette tape being fast-forwarded. The sound of the player landing is also only heard when hitting the floor after sliding off the top of the NPC at will, which suggests it may be a possible method of rapidly training one's acrobatics skill (is it the length of a fall, or its duration which acts as an experience factor?). This effect can be achieved by jumping from the first floor balcony of a canton in Vivec onto a gondolier. It doesn't seem to cause any other bugs and the NPC's voice goes back to normal afterwards. This has only been tested on PC.
Imperial Legion Rank Skip
Moved from Main Page
During the main quest, when you are trying to become the House Redoran hortator, you will have to duel Bolvyn Venim, do to his hate towards outlanders, when you reach this stage of the main quest, you unlock a topic called "duel". If go and talk to Varus Vantinius, who is Knight of the Imperial Dragon, and ask about "duel", he will say meet me in the Arena, go there fight him, and you will be named Knight of the Imperial Dragon, in the imperial legion. Note: I found this in the Goty version of Morrowind on the xbox. I don't know if this is in the pc version, or if it works in the non Goty version.
- It's already mentioned on the Grandmaster Duel quest page, which is where it belongs. rpeh •T•C•E• 18:40, 18 August 2010 (UTC)
Moving NPCs XBox Fix
(XBox vanilla version) I've noticed throughout my travels that only people who are scripted to walk around tend to start getting stuck in different places. Most annoyingly within doorways and other narrow spots where I simply can't walk around them. To fix this, I discovered that if you Command them and then with the spell still active Rest (or 'Wait' if camping is illegal wherever you are) the NPC in question will have disappeared and reappeared wherever they should normally be. Sometimes NPCs can disappear permanently from doing this though, so be careful. In particular, the only person I noticed disappear forever was that Ashlander wisewoman apprentice person that Skink-in-Tree's-Shade asked me to get to the Wolverine Hall mages guild. As you may know, the mages guild there is quite small (one tiny room packed with like 7 people) so I'm sure shes gone. It may have to do with the fact that she didnt belong there anyways, she may even have gone back to the cave where she truly belongs. I'll hafta check.
Anyways (after my long ramble) I need someone to verify that my fix works for them as well and then maybe add it to the page to help others? =P Jihiro 21:45, 12 November 2010 (UTC)
Sound Level Glitch
Ive noticed that when I'm moving items while in menu mode, the "Pick up" noise will vary heavily from action to action, even when picking up the same item. Most of the time itll be at its normal level, but every few grabs it doubles in volume for one, then returns to soft. Anyone confirm?
- Oh, also, this tends to happen with the "skill successfully trained" noise, with every other one being much louder, or much quieter depending on your point of view
Enemy Health Bar Strangeness
So several times in my game, the following has happend: I hit an opponent twice, the first almost killing it, the second finishing the job. However after the killing strike connects, the enemy's health bar will display half full, even if it was lower than that with the first hit. This is purely a graphical error, asthe enemy dies all the same. Eidolon 01:57, 5 January 2011 (UTC)
See-Through Static and Odd Static Size Difference
Static objects (like rocks) tend to have this problem, especially near the water: They become see-through. Cliff racers flying between trees is the most obvious culprit, but especially in the bitter coast you can see things like Dreugh and Slaughterfish swimming about through rocks, as if the rocks werent there. Only creatures, not enviornent, displays like this. It seems to be a bug that is only on some video cards, because in my time with morrowind its changed on and off whether this was a problem.
A secondary, related problem has to due with rock size: On some video cards, things like Mushrooms near rocks look fine. On my current (and some older ones) The rocks would GROW, or the plants would SHRINK, leaving on a sliver available if that. I have no idea about this one. Eidolon 03:30, 5 January 2011 (UTC)
Clarify: If either one of those events described happens, the other will. If one doesnt happen, neither will. This I can report as 100% true, but the reason it happens in the first place remains unknown. I dont use FPS optimizer or texture packs that would make a difference (only better heads/better bodies.) Eidolon 03:32, 5 January 2011 (UTC)
- I uploaded a picture here a few years ago, showing me getting attacked by Nix-Hounds which were hiding behind the terrain. I could see only their arms, sticking through the terrain like it was a photograph. --Brf 03:37, 5 January 2011 (UTC)
- Yup, I get the same thing, though for me its mostly undeady-types pawing through a closed door. 18.104.22.168 02:31, 14 February 2011 (UTC)
In the Trader shop in Caldera, theres a bunch of crates in an alcove. This is a spot good for telekinetic thievery, except that you fall through the floor...And it actually makes it better. You get stuck in the ceiling, can sneak undetected (0 failure change), can turn in all directions except up and down. This resolves itself if you switch to third person eventually. 22.214.171.124 02:29, 14 February 2011 (UTC)
occaisionly if you place an item on a carpet the item will dissapear (presumably under the carpet) but it is unreachable ive experienced this on xbox vanilla. (Eddie the head 09:35, 28 April 2011 (UTC))
Player and follower collision when entering a room (Xbox)
I don't know if this problem is unique to me. If I enter a room with a humanoid follower (such as Huleeya), I am instantly killed. I think that this is due to the player and the follower being spawned in the same place. This is not affected by my clothing; how I enter the room; if my follower was summoned, commanded, or otherwise scripted to follow. The only way that I was able to work around it was to cast a levitation spell before entering the room.
If it is relevant, I am running the original xbox version (without any patches, expansions, or anything) on a xbox 360 console. Also my disk is kind of old so it might have scratches on it.
Fall through the Suran Temple
Suran is a town right at the base of a mountain, and the Temple was built touching the mountain. With a good Acrobatics skill, Levitation spell, or 10 point Jump spell, get on the top of the Suran Temple. Walk to the back-right corner that is touching the mountain and walk into the small space between the back/side and the mountain. If done right, you'll fall clear through and will be in the interior of the Temple. You can walk out easily though, the inside isn't solid walls. You can also shoot arrows and spells and they won't hit the wall on the way out, so you can attack people and not get confronted by the guards, however the crime may still attach. Zanicolu 14:26, 15 June 2011 (UTC)
- Yes. There are a lot of spots where you can "fall through the floor". --Brf 14:43, 15 June 2011 (UTC)
Post-Main Quest Netch overpopulation
Is it me or does it seem that Netches are all over Morrowind after you kill Dagoth Ur? They are in places they weren't before.
- That depends on your level. As you go up in level there will be more Bull and then Betty netches. It is not a glitch, just leveled random monsters. --Brf 14:42, 15 June 2011 (UTC)
Impossible to free slaves after the Main Quest?
Before killing Dagoth Ur and the Heart, the slaves usually greeted me with "blah blah, GO FREE, blah blah". Now I'm getting "blah blah OMG ITS THE NEREVARINE blah blah" and even with the slave key the topic "GO FREE" is gone. Also, in a celebration after finally beating the Main Quest, I whacked a couple slaves outside of Suran, does this affect it? I need to do Ilmeni Dren's Quest for House Hlaalu but I haven't freed anywhere near 20 slaves. Am I screwed, or is there a way to fix this? On Xbox btw, I know how to on PC. I've asked around on this and a lot of different thoughts have come up. If there's a way for me to completely unjoin House Hlaalu(like killing all Hlaalu members?) so I can complete another House's quest line. Zanicolu 23:08, 15 June 2011 (UTC)
I'm playing the original xbox version on an xbox and Sharn has disappeared from the Balmora Mages Guild. When Ajira tasked me to place the fake soul gem in Galbadir's desk, Galbadir never returned upstairs. She has been in the lower level just inside the doorway since. I hadn't noticed Sharn had disappeared until I decided to start the main quest and was tasked by Caius to speak with her. Is this a known glitch, and is there any fix? I have tried saving/reloading and exiting/reentering the area.
- Those two problems are mentioned on the Quest pages involving those two NPCs. --Brf 01:16, 27 June 2011 (UTC)
- Thank you for your help. I had suspected a correlation between Galbadir's presence and Sharn's disappearance. After reading about Sharn's habit of floating off (I had never noticed if she had done it before, I rarely interact with her) I used an Icarian flight scroll to jump through the roof and outside the cell. I found Sharn in a position below the cell, just within sight of the cell. I cast a mark spell, and saved while in front of her. I eventually was able to lead her back to the cell. I cast a levitation spell on her and a frenzy spell. She followed me back to the cell in her attempt to attack me, and I cast a calm spell once we were back in the mages guild basement. I found if I cast a levitation spell on her, and was unsuccessful getting her back to the cell before it expired, she fell through the void and was gone.
Going to Jail While in the Excise Office
Moved from Page:
Another way to escape (which I find easier) is to steal an item and then hurry up and talk to the guard before he manages to get to you. Then you can select "Go to jail" and appear outside. And there is a practical purpose... to steal anything and everything you want and get away with it. You can loot the whole town to make some easy cash for the start of the game. - neg
Can someone with Morrowind check this out? Also the first person would also have to be removed. --DKong27 Tk Ctr Em 16:55, 29 September 2011 (UTC)
|Prev: None||Up: Morrowind talk:Glitches||Next: None|