|To meet our site's higher standard of quality, this article or section may require cleanup.
To leave a message about the cleanup for this article, please add it to this article's .
The Mane is a unique breed of Khajiit. Khajiit tradition holds that only one Mane can be alive at one time and, more specifically, believe that there is actually only one Mane who is reborn again and again in different bodies. There has been no recorded incident of more than one Mane contending for power, although whether due to the truth in the Khajiit belief or whether the ruling Mane takes care of any potential rivals is unknown. Manes can only be born under a rare alignment of the moons Masser and Secunda when, according to legend, a third moon actually appears. In older days the Khajiit would shave off their manes in deference to the Mane, braiding them into locks which the Mane would incorporate into its own mane. The Mane is so weighted down by the hair that movement is difficult without aid and they often travel the countryside by means of a palanquin. As the population grew, however, this became impractical, although the Khajiit still remove their manes and the current Mane still wears the hair of its tribe and Warrior Guard which includes several hundred in number.
- Tullar-dra: Unspecified. Reigned in ancient times when the Golden Claw was established as a holy relic in Do'Krin Monastery.
- The Forgotten Mane: Unspecificed. Legacy lives through rumors as of ca. 2E 583.
- Jinninji-ri: ~1E 2902 
- Zebiden-jo: ~2E 182 
- Rid-Thar-ri'Datta: ~2E 309 
- Akkhuz-ri: 2E 582 
- The Lunar Champion: 2E 582 [nb 1]
- Nhad-hatta: ~2E 864 
- Azahrr's dialogue in ESO
- On the Trail of the Forgotten Mane — Investigator Vianis Orania
- Shazah's dialogue in ESO
- Pocket Guide to the Empire, 1st Edition: The Elsweyr Confederacy — Imperial Geographical Society, 2E 864
- Pocket Guide to the Empire, 3rd Edition: Sugar and Blood: the Cats of the South — Imperial Geographical Society, 3E 432
- Events of ESO