UESPWiki talk:Oblivion NPC Redesign Project/Problematic NPCs
What exactly is the problem with her schedule? She has written out in full on her page with a mention of what she does at twelve. However this seems to conflict with what's on this page ("I'm convinced something goes wrong with her schedule at 12, similar to what happens to Nardhil"). Which is correct?--TheAlbinoOrcany_questions? 23:23, 27 August 2010 (UTC)
- Added a bug description to the page. Hopefully that will clear things up. --S'drassa •T2M 01:12, 28 August 2010 (UTC)
So... doing that bit of Algot investigation today got me on a roll, so I figured I'd help out on a few more weird NPCs:
- Ruslan: My best guess here is that the greeting mentioned on this page is never said. There are two greetings without any specific conditions: the one listed on his page and the one listed here. Now assuming dialogue options are chosen just like AI packages (top one first) the one on his page is chosen. Alternatively, it could be because the greeting on his page is in the MS26 quest category, which takes precedence over the other's NQDImperialCity one. Either way, the problem then is that the second greeting has a
GetTalkedToPC NONEcondition, which means he'll only say if it's the first time he speaks to you, which is clearly not the case ;)
- Jesan Rilian: The first bit of dialogue ("I knew Captain Matius...") has its condition as MS48=100. Now the only thing I can spot is that the condition doesn't work because Stage 100 doesn't exist. Regarding the second line, a bit more info would be necessary: does the "Kvatch" topic never show up in conversation?
- Luronk: Similar to Ruslan, the condition for the missing greeting is for MS26=0 but there is one on top (incidentally exactly the same line as Ruslan) so I assume that one gets chosen and as soon as you progress in the quest you can't hear the other one anymore.
- Modryn: Looks like it'll be a no Krusty :( The condition for the line is for FGD05Oreyn=100, however, scripting dashes your chances. As soon as you give him the ring, the quest is completed (Stage 100). Stage 100 however triggers the hidden quest FGInterimConversation, which in turn triggers FGD06DeadViranus. Basically, as soon as you give him the ring, you'll be into another quest, meaning the condition for that line fails.
- Orok: For some reason this joker has to be in The Flowing Bowl in Anvil for the conditions of his greeting to be satisfied. :D
This should be all of the dialogue ones except Syl and Thadon, which would have required too much research for one night. I'll answer Henantier on his talk page. --SerCenKing Talk 21:21, 11 April 2011 (UTC)
Jesan's two lines
I can confirm that they don't appear. "I knew Captain Matius..." has a condition of stage 100 of MS48, but although this stage does exist, it also terminates the quest. As this is quest dialog, it won't appear anymore when the quest is terminated. This line was also the only non-goodbye greeting for Jesan, so his other line for the Kvatch topic "I've never seen anything..." won't appear either as it needs a non-goodbye greeting so the topic list appears... oh, and the Kvatch topic also needs to be added. :^)
These will all be fixed in the upcoming UOP, which I'll make sure is out before Skyrim. Kivan 04:44, 29 September 2011 (UTC)
- Oops, managed to overlook this - thanks for the info, Kivan. I'll add the missing dialogue to his article. --Krusty 21:50, 3 October 2011 (UTC)