Is mentioning that he appears at the Thalmor Embassy during the main quest too much of a spoiler? Should I take it out? Skysky 01:23, 7 December 2011 (UTC)
- Late reply, but no, don't take anything out because of spoiler issues. The site is here to provide the most comprehensive information we reasonably can, and spoilers are to be expected on just about every page we have. – Robin Hood↝talk 22:46, 2 January 2012 (UTC)
- Is this true even if he is glitched off of the map? Is this a possible workaround for the Dainty Sload quest bug? 188.8.131.52 06:55, 23 February 2012 (UTC)
Letter from Erikur (Beat Thane Bryling)
Has anybody else had trouble getting this quest to "start" via dialog?
Never mind, I got it to work by dropping and reading the letter again, and I got a strange pop-up saying "WIAssault02: When books are implemented, quest objective should come after reading the letter." Pop-up didn't really matter, as the quest updated as soon as I tried to pick it up. — Unsigned comment by 184.108.40.206 (talk) at 07:58 on 30 December 2011
- (note: split off from the topic above)
Several bugs with this quest on top of that:
1. While Erikur says not to kill Bryling, killing her will progress the quest anyway. (There's a grammar error in the quest stage at this point, but not really that relevant)
2. When you return to Erikur for the reward, he will begin the dialog and give you a (measly) 50 Gold unprompted, he will simply begin speaking as you approach close enough to him and then reward you.
3. The quest will remain in your log on the stage "Return to Erikur" even when completed, however highlighting the quest and making it active will not cause a marker to appear above Erikur.
4. Denying this quest from Erikur will still get you the 50 Gold, but an earlier stage will be stuck in your quest log.
If anyone can help with removing the quest from the log, perhaps with a setstage command, it'd be much appreciated. I'm trying to keep my quest log as clean as possible. Setstage WIAssault02 30 or 100 don't do anything. I've resorted to loading an earlier save from before I received the quest. — Unsigned comment by 220.127.116.11 (talk) at 08:37 on 30 December 2011
- After a lot of trying and looking for solution, I found it!! You can't remove the objective form the log with setstage, completequest, or even setobjectivecompleted. The only way to get rid of it is to use command completeallobjectives wiassault02. 18.104.22.168 22:37, 12 February 2012 (UTC)
What is the 'Letter from Erikur (Beat Thane Bryling)' quest being talked about above? The quest or letter isn't mentioned on the page. I saw no mention of Bryling on the page either. I want to know because Bryling is essential but I want her Fur-Trimmed Cloak. According to above she can be killed for this quest, but the quest isn't mentioned? I appreciate any clarification. Ice 12:04, 16 April 2012 (UTC)
- It isn`t a real quest it is a random interaction if you assault someone this can happen with any NPC and Bryling is not essential on my game. — Unsigned comment by 22.214.171.124 (talk) at 16:28 on 11 May 2012
Not essential anymore?
A few hours ago I again went on one of my glorious rampages. Stepping in the Blue Palace, I cast a Mayhem spell and then a Frenzy one on the guards. A mere 20 seconds after, Bryling falls and more surpisingly, Erikur gets killed too. I didn't try to kill his sister because it completely slipped my mind but, thinking about it, I don't remember attacking him since I installed patch 1.8, so maybe they removed his essential status? Playing on PS3. Elakyn (talk) 16:23, 10 March 2013 (GMT)
- His essential status was not removed in the base game, but a quest may remove it. What quests have you completed involving him? Vely►t►e 17:42, 10 March 2013 (GMT)
Finding Erikur Under Solitude (moved from article)
for xbox 360 users who cant use console commands or dont know how. To get to him go up the steps to the smithing forge then jump off the side to get on the building closest then use the dragon shout whirlwind sprint to get to bits and peices then go to the roof of raidiant ranmand then you go to the small rectangular flat on the roof and you will fall through an be under solitude WARNING if you are not careful or lucky you may fall off the side down the cliff but hopefully you wont have that problem. if you use the DLC (dragonborn) there is a shout called cyclone if you use it on him while he is under water then wait for him to heal then repeat until he is close enough to talk to this is the only way ive found to get him out of the water as he is too powerfull to use weaker illusion spells — Unsigned comment by 126.96.36.199 (talk) at 22:31 on 20 November 2013
- I moved this as, aside from style issues, this method sounds unreliable and needs verified. Forfeit (talk) 05:59, 10 December 2013 (GMT)
The Dainty Sload Quest
Uuh, I tried to do the command to find Erikur, but then his corpse appeared. So I can't continue with my quest. any ideas?
Issue with his house
In this article, the fact that his house can be a target for a thieve's guild quest despite the protected shadowmark is a note. However, in the article on his house, it's listed as a bug, and it says it was fixed by the unofficial patch v 2.0.3. This inconsistency should be addressed by someone who understands the syntax of this wiki better than I do.