Skyrim:Altar of Thrond
|# of Zones||1|
|Respawn Time||Never (storage is safe)|
|Console Location Code(s)|
|West of the Temple of Miraak
East-northeast of Frostmoon Crag
|# of Alchemy Labs||1|
|# of Arcane Enchanters||1|
|# of Cooking Pots/Spits||1|
|# of Silver||1|
|# of Quicksilver||2|
|# of Moonstone||1|
Altar of Thrond
The normal approach is made from the southwest. Along the path near the altar and around the altar are two snowberry bushes and five blue mountain flowers. There is blood splattered on the ground as you approach the altar, with a sacrifice lying dead upon the altar.
Altar of Thrond Cave
Upon entering the cave, you are in an ice tunnel heading north with a set of bone chimes hanging from the ceiling in front of you. There are more patches of blood on the ground. There are five more bone chimes along the tunnel. The tunnel turns to the east near a lit brazier on the ground on your left and, shortly after it, opens out into a large cavern with three tall rock pillars. There are various ledges around the cave and an altar in front of you with a dead alchemist laid out on top. Beside the alchemist is an apothecary's satchel and a piece of human flesh. Behind the altar is a barrel and further behind it is a campfire with a cooking pot sitting on a pile of rocks with another piece of human flesh beside it.
There is an earthen ramp to the left of the fire that rises to the east and then turns south to reach a tent. It is Isobel's, one of three hagravens living here. She is found standing in front of it unless alerted to your presence. Inside is a bed roll, an alchemy lab and two apothecary's satchels on the ground to the right of the lab. To the right of the tent, along the southern wall of the cave is a moonstone ore vein.
Heading north from the first tent you will pass a barrel with a small coin purse and three loose coins on top and a pickaxe beside it. A second tent, Fallaise's, is next. Again, unless alerted to your presence, she will be found just in front of her tent. Inside is an arcane enchanter, a barrel containing foodstuffs and an adept-locked chest. To the right of this tent is a silver ore vein and behind this, in the corner of the northern wall, is a quicksilver ore vein.
Following the path from the second tent to the east and then south you will reach a third tent. This one belongs to Ettiene, who is also standing in front of it unless alerted. Inside there is a bed roll and an unlocked chest. There is a quicksilver ore vein to the left of the tent when looking at the front of it. Heading due north from this tent you'll find in front of you, in a small raised alcove, a novice locked chest.
- This location also appeared in the Bloodmoon expansion for Morrowind.
- The three hagravens inhabiting the cave are the three sisters Isobel, Ettiene, and Fallaise from Bloodmoon.
- This cave is an excellent base of operations once the hagravens have been destroyed. It does not respawn, has numerous storage containers and chests, and also has cooking, enchanting, and alchemy stations. You also will not be randomly teleported to one of the All-Maker Stones when resting here prior to completing the Dragonborn main quest.
- It may not be possible to mine the quicksilver ore veins, even after mining the other ore veins. The ore shows up as minable and the camera view changes properly, but then nothing happens and a few moments later you regain control of your character.
- This bug is fixed by version 2.0.4 of the Unofficial Dragonborn Patch.
- You can get around this by equipping a pickaxe and hitting the vein manually.
- You may fall through the map upon entering the cave.
- It may be possible to mine the quicksilver ore vein yielding 3 ore samples, but not be released from the mining animation even by pressing the E-key as is true with other mines' ore veins.
- The console command
pushactoraway 14 100will break the animation loop.
- Moving backward may also break the loop. [verification needed]
- The console command