Amiel Richton is the Imperial Provisional Governor of Stros M'Kai. He resides in the Palace, the former home of Prince A'tor, and is often accompanied by Dram, his bodyguard and loyal servant. Richton is generally disliked by his new subjects, largely because he was responsible for the death of their Prince and the occupation and partial destruction of their city, along with smaller issues like his new taxes and refusal to let almost anyone in the Palace.
You first meet him when you enter the Palace to deliver an amulet from N'Gasta. N'Gasta says it is a gift to thank the Governor for his "generous" killing (therefore capturing souls in the necromancer's soul snare) and his policy of not intervening in the necromancer's activities. Richton is quick to dismiss Cyrus as a courier, and is surprised when it turns into a violent confrontation.
He later appears in several cutscenes, but you do not see him face to face again until the final battle of the game, during the quest Raze the Palace. Cyrus is determined to kill him and take back Stros M'Kai for the Redguards. He is one of your most difficult opponents, with 250 health and attacks that deal 10 damage, or 20 for a less common spin attack. Once his health goes to 0, the final cutscene plays. He feigns surrender, while Dram sneaks up and holds a dagger to Cyrus' throat. What he did not realize is that Cyrus' sword is enchanted with A'tor's soul; the sword rises on its own to strike down both Richton and Dram. Richton's airship crashes to the ground with him aboard.
- Escape the Catacombs: Find a way out of the Catacombs.
- N'Gasta's Amulet: Obtain a certain amulet and deliver it to Lord Richton.
- Raze the Palace: Storm the Palace and kill Lord Richton.
|Name:||Admiral Lord Amiel Richton|
|Province of Birth:||Cyrodiil (Colovian West)|
|Occupation:||Admiral of the Imperial New West Navy, Provisional Governor of Stros M'kai|
- Amiel Richton has been a faithful servant of the Empire for most of his life. Indeed, like Tiber Septim, he began his service under Cuhlecain, the so-called "Emperor Zero", who laid the foundation for the restoration of the Empire by unifying Cyrodiil for the first time since the fall of the old Cyrodilic Empire. The Richtons are a minor noble family from the Colovian West, near the Strid, which supported Cuhlecain when he began his bid for the Dragon Throne. Amiel Richton distinguished himself early on as a captain in the fledgling New West Navy during the campaign against the pirates of the Abecean Sea.
- Richton rose quickly through the ranks, commanding a squadron in the Battle of the Bjoulsae where Wayrest's naval power was crushed in a surprise dawn attack. He succeeded Vasi Hadrach as Admiral upon that officer's assassination at the hands of rebel Reachmen in a brothel in Daggerfall. His crowning achievement came during the invasion of Hammerfell, where he led the New West Navy to victory over Prince A'tor's fleet in the Battle of Hunding Bay.
- Following the Imperial conquest of Hammerfell, Tiber Septim appointed Lord Richton as Provisional Governor of Stros M'kai, which became one of the chief supply ports of the New West Navy. His orders are to clear the waters of pirates, a job for which he has shown great aptitude in the past, and to guard the strategic Cape of the Blue Divide against the fleets of the hostile Aldmeri Dominion to the south.
- Richton has various titles, including Admiral, Lord, and Provisional Governor (or Governor for short). He also has a few nicknames among the local populace mocking his weight, such as Fatboy (Prnell and Siona) and Lord Rotund (Dreekius).
- According to the book The Balladeer's Fakebook added by Morrowind's Entertainers plugin, there is a popular Western drinking song titled Bold Admiral Richton.
- "I guess, then, it's time!"
|Attack||Hurt by opponent||Hit opponent||Defend||Death|
* Not heard because he does not actually die during combat.