Online:The Shattered Staff
|This page is currently being rewritten as part of the Online Quest Project.
The page is being both written and checked. All users are welcome to make changes to the page. If you make a change that is relevant to the project, please update this template accordingly, and make sure you have observed the project guidelines.
|This article could benefit from an image.
See Help:Images for information on how to upload images. Please remove this template from the page when finished.
- Talk to Loremaster Celarus in the main hall of Ceporah Tower.
- Talk to Josajeh.
- Find the breaches in the Alik'r Desert, Bangkorai, Deshaan and Shadowfen
- Follow the trails to the buried fragments.
- Travel back to Artaeum and talk to Loremaster Celarus.
- Talk to Loremaster Celarus.
Talk to Loremaster Celarus in Ceporah Tower to start the quest.
- Yes. Where do I start?
- "The staff comprises eight pieces—one for each of Nirn's girding towers. Whatever force drew the staff back to Tamriel scattered these pieces across the continent.
We managed to scry the locations of four of them. The others elude us. For now."
- All right, where are these four pieces?
- "Pelin Graveyard in Bangkorai, Leki's Blade in Alik'r, the great Hist in Shadowfen, and the Fang Spires in Deshaan.
Once you arrive at a breach, activate the Augur and it should light a path to the artifacts. Josajeh can tell you more. Safe travels."
- All right. I'll go speak with Josajeh.
You now receive The Augur of the Obscure. Talk to Josajeh.
- "You spoke to the Loremaster, right? You should be setting out for Tamriel.
What brings you?"
- Loremaster Celarus sent me to speak with you.
- "Hmm. Checking on me, no doubt. I'm fine, really.
The Loremaster and I had a brief disagreement. But it's fine. I'm sure he's right ... I just needed a moment to think on it."
- He's right about what?
- "The Staff of Towers. I discovered that each piece emits a unique temporal wave—almost like an artist's signature. I ran to the Loremaster to show him. Nearly tripped over my robe on the way!
I thought he'd be proud, but he just went pale."
- He said he was proud of you. He just thinks the staff is too dangerous to wield.
- "I know. But just between the two of us, don't you think we could put an item like that to good use?
Imagine being able to shift time to avoid the Planemeld, or cure the Knahaten Flu before it took hold. It's worth at least discussing, right?"
- Yes. A powerful artifact like that should be put to good use. (if you agree with Josajeh)
- "Exactly! We've all suffered our fair share of heartbreak. If we could wash that away ... that would be miraculous right? We al want things to be different. To be better.
Anyway, I've talked enough. Don't worry about me—go find those fragments."
- No. The Loremaster is right. The staff is dangerous. (if you agree with the Loremaster)
- "Yes ... yes, I guess you're right. It's just that when things happen to you ... to your family—things you can't fix—the power to set things right can be very tempting.
Anyway, I've talked enough. Don't worry about me. Just find those fragments."
The following table lists the locations of the breaches and fragments, and the quotes from the Augur of the Obscure when you use it near a breach or have found a fragment. When you have used the Augur near a breach a trail of lights will appear. Each light will shine in the direction you have to follow. Follow this light trail until a mound of Dense Earth appears and dig in this earth to find a fragment. When you find the last fragment you will receive the combined Staff Fragments.
|Orichalc Staff Fragment||Leki's Blade (Alik'r Desert)||The ruins of Leki's Blade. Really gets you thinking, eh? About mortality. The long, slow march of time ... the grim inevitability of death, decay, and obscurity. Phew! Glad I don't have to worry about that!|
|The Orichalc fragment! Don't hear much about the Orichalc Tower anymore, but it was always my favorite. I love ugly, sunken, long-forgotten things.|
|Adamantine Staff Fragment||Pelin Graveyard (Bangkorai)||Another graveyard? All kinds of treasures tucked away under the dirt here, mate. We could find that staff piece, sure. But wouldn't you rather dig up an old pelvis? Eh, your loss.|
|Well, well. It's the Adamantine shard. Have a care where you drop that thing, eh? This bag's stuffed as it is!|
|Walk-Brass Staff Fragment||Fang Spires (Deshaan)||Deshaan, eh? A lot of transliminal dread residue here. Must be the fish. Did you know fish experience thirty-seven different varieties of fear? That's why they always look surprised!|
|Walk-Brass? Oh this one's a puzzler, mate! If Anumaril created the Staff of Towers in the First Era, how'd he know about a tower the Dwarves hadn't made yet? Pow! Brain explosion!|
|Crystal Staff Fragment||Hatching Pools (Shadowfen)||Shadowfen? Ugh. The Hist are insufferable. Honestly, if they're so smart, why can't they stop leaking their sap all over the place? Don't drop me in there, by the way. Stuff's impossible to wash off.|
|The Crystal Fragment? This is an odd one, mate. It's here, but also somewhere else. Several other somewheres in fact. Don't think about it too hard. It's bad for your meat-brain.|
Return to Artaeum when you have found all fragments and talk to Loremaster Celarus to complete the quest.
- "Welcome back, initiate. I see you have recovered all the staff fragments. Such a collection of artifacts ... it is difficult to miss."
- Yes, I recovered all four.
- "Excellent. I will find a safe place for them here in the Ceporah Tower.
Four less artifacts in the world eases my mind considerably. Once we find the remaining four fragments, our task will be complete."
- Where are the four remaining fragments?
- "Regrettably, we have not located them yet.
Our scryers discovered the first four by studying the collision of tonal waves. The Psijic Seals you placed in Tamriel provided information that was vital this pursuit."
- So I need to place more Psijic Seals to discover the remaining fragments?
- "Exactly. Each time breach you seal brings us closer to recovering the remaining fragments.
I knew you would be an asset to the Order, but you have exceeded even my expectations. You are clearly prepared for greater things. Take this, and my thanks."
|The Shattered Staff|
|Finishes Quest||Journal Entry|
|Loremaster Celarus indicated I should talk to Josajeh before I set out.
Objective: Talk to Josajeh
|I should travel to the four locations Loremaster Celarus mentioned and find the Staff fragments hidden there.
Objective: Find the Fragment near Pelin Graveyard
Objective: Find the Fragment near Leki's Blade
Objective: Find the Fragment near the Hist
Objective: Find the Fragment near Fang Spires
|I collected all four staff fragments. I should return to Artaeum and deliver them to Loremaster Celarus.
Objective: Talk to Loremaster Celarus
|I collected all four staff fragments and delivered them to Loremaster Celarus. I should talk to him to receive my reward.
Objective: Talk to Celarus