|This article could benefit from an image of:
See Help:Images for information on how to upload images. Please remove this template from the page when finished.
|Line Rank||42||Cost||3780 Magicka|
|Range||15 meters||Area||6 meters|
You also stun enemies behind you, damaging them based on your highest stats.
|Ball of Lightning
Absorbs projectiles. Grants brief snare and immobilization immunity after casting. No longer stuns enemies.
- Bolt Escape: Transform yourself into pure energy and flash forward, stunning enemies near your final location for [1 / 1.7 / 2.3 / 3] seconds. This effect cannot be blocked. Casting again within 4 seconds costs 33% more Magicka.
- Streak: Target: Self.
Transform yourself into pure energy and flash forward, dealing [3811 / 3853 / 3894 / 3935] Shock Damage to enemies in your wake and stunning them for 3 seconds. Enemies near your final location are also stunned, but not damaged. This effect cannot be blocked. Casting again within 4 seconds costs 33% more Magicka. This ability scales with your highest offensive stats.
- Ball of Lightning: Transform yourself into pure energy and flash forward. After reaching your location, you become immune to snare and immobilize effects for 2 seconds. A ball of lightning is created at this location as well, which absorbs incoming projectiles for [2 / 2.3 / 2.7 / 3] seconds. Casting again within 4 seconds costs 33% more Magicka.
Bolt Escape causes you to teleport several meters forward, stunning all enemies at your starting location. Streak will also damage and stun all enemies along the path of travel, while Ball of Lightning absorbs any projectiles while traveling and for a few seconds afterwards.
- The direction of teleportation will be wherever the camera is pointing, not where your character is facing, so don't worry about trying to line up your character in the direction you want to go. Aim by rotating your view instead.
- This spell stuns enemies at your starting position, not your destination. Moreover, you will invariably end up facing away from the enemies that were around your starting position. These two facts make it somewhat tricky to use in combat. Following it up with a quick reverse roll-dodge can get you facing the right direction again. The Streak morph will also help in this regard, as enemies all along the path will be disoriented, if not stunned. You can also aim your view towards a nearby wall or other obstacle so you don't teleport too far from the fight to take advantage of the stunning effect.
- Since you will teleport straight forward and keep the same elevation, this can be used to jump across small chasms to get to otherwise inaccessible places beyond the range of a simple jump. This is never required and rarely advantageous, but it can occasionally be used as a shortcut. Be careful, however. If the gap is a bit too wide, you may find yourself in midair with a long painful drop below.
- Ball of Lightning is a recommended morph for the Sorcerer Initiate build.