|Home Settlement||Darkwater Crossing|
- Our Poor Town: Help save an Argonian who was injured in a troll attack.
- Lifeline: Search the Frostwater Tundra for the components for the Ternion's ritual.
- Eternal Slumber: Help the Dreamwalker and the Ternion monks save the sleeping king.
- Gods Save the King: Rescue the king from his nightmares.
- Of Councils and Kings: Report to Jorunn's Stand.
Our Poor Town
- Stormy-Eyes: "Pain delirious. She falls in and out of consciousness. The troll bite is enflamed and it begins to ooze."
- Blue-Bird: "Please, Stormy. There must be something you can do."
Speak with him.
- "Too much to do and too little time."
- Is there anything I can do to help?
- "A stranger offers aid? You dare to put your own life in danger for the benefit of others?
That sounds too good to be true."
- I just want to help.
- "Well, I would be foolish to turn down help, wherever it comes from.
I need certain materials to perform the ritual. Can you gather them for me?"
- What do you need?
- "I need you to catch torchbugs. I need five pairs of wings. No more, no less.
I also need the satchel from my home—the intact building, the one with the sturdy lock. The key should be in an urn near the house. I tossed it in there when I ran by."
- Will this help you heal her?
- "It will help me find my way through her dreams. I enter the Dreamstride and cure people from within.
I've always had this gift. I try to use it for good, but … things don't always work out the way you hope. I try not to think about those times."
- I need your help. (If you're on Lifeline)
- "Can't you see I'm busy? Many people to care for, including one who slowly slips away.
I don't have time to deal with strangers until my own people are safe and secure."
Returning to him with the ingredients:
- "Did you bring the items I requested?"
- Here. I also ran into a Redguard wizard.
- "No time to talk about that now. I know exactly who you met. But please, I must try to save this one's life first.
The present now. Then we can discuss the past."
He then performs the Dreamstride on Sister-of-Wind.
- "Sister-of-Wind will recover. Breathing normal, body healing. Her dreams were tainted by the injuries.
Always happy when I help another. Always remember the ones I couldn't save."
- Like the Redguard's wife.
- "One of many.
Beautiful woman. Dark hair. Pretty eyes. Like the sea. Asmalah came to me and begged for my help. I knew her chances weren't good, but I decided to try to save her anyway."
- Asmalah lured the trolls here.
- "Luckily none of my people were lost. But poor Asmalah. He acted out of grief. Out of love for the woman he lost.
I forgive him."
- What will your people do now?
- "They are safe. Trolls still roam the area, but they will get bored and wander off when the food runs out. Hopefully, they won't look in this cave.
We are in your debt. My skills are yours, should you ever need them."
- "If you ever need assistance, you need only to ask.
I owe you the largest of favors. As do my people."
- I need your help.
- "Of course. A favor was promised, and a favor you shall receive.
What do you ask of me?"
- King Jorunn has been poisoned. I need your help.
- "Poison? Poison is more dangerous than physical wounds. Some of these vile substances cause dreams to collapse.
No matter. A promise is a promise. Where is the King?"
- With the Ternion monks.
- "The Ternion monks! I have heard many things about them! Many interesting abilities are attributed to these monks.
Now I'm eager to visit the Ternions. I'll meet you there."
Speaking to him again:
- "I will seek out these monks once I make sure everything here is all right.
I will see you soon."
- "This structure is fascinating! How do the Ternion monks travel to and from the temple area?
Large birds? Maybe they climb like Bosmers? Or maybe they transform into insects and ride the winds up and down? I'd love to see that!"
- How are you doing?
- "I'm holding up well. Glad I saved my friend back in Darkwater. It took a lot out of me, but not enough to stop me.
Never thought I'd get to save royalty. I'm nervous and excited. Like the first time I ate kanoba spike fruit from home."
Speaking to him in the Ternion monks' temple:
- "Yes! So that's how they do it. A portal. How elegant!
I was hoping they turned into bugs, though. That would have been much more spectacular."
When it's time for the ritual, High Priest Esling calls him forward.
- High Priest Esling: "Come, Dreamwalker. King Jorunn is ready. It is time for you to get involved."
- Stormy-Eyes: "Not to worry. I've done this many times, many times. Never entered a king's dreams, though. Or battled Daedric magic. Hmm. But I'm sure everything will be just fine."
His projection will appear behind the altars of the bear, wolf and fox. His words will serve as hints for the next portion of the quest, when you need to activate the totems to the old gods.
At the altar to the bear:
- Stormy-Eyes: "Very sad. The King's soldiers. They fell in battle but are raised in a dream. Rage fills them. And they are strong. Wish I had the strength to fight them. This is going to be a challenge to say the least."
At the wolf:
- Stormy-Eyes: "What is this madness? Visions of warriors lost. A woman. Beckoning to me. Strange. Beautiful. But something is wrong here. I need to be very careful. Wish there was a way to figure out the truth."
And the fox:
- Stormy-Eyes: "Very cold. Must be as quick as possible. Find the fires. Their warmth will keep you alive. Walls ... coming down. Stay near the light. Must remember, stay near the light."
Gods Save the King
You will encounter him personally in the final vision.
- "Are you real or just part of this dream? Ouch! I hurt all over. Feels like my body is being crushed. And not in a fun way.
Why have you followed me? This experience, I wouldn't recommend it to my worst enemy."
- You're alive! What happened?
- "Of course I'm alive. The magic that allowed you to enter the Dreamstride would have disappeared if I died. Frightening thought, though. To die in another's dream.
I'll consider this while you find the King."
- Where is King Jorunn?
- "He followed a pretty young woman. She looked familiar, but I couldn't place her.
She ran up the steps and the King was right behind her. But something strange happened. Specters appeared. Very vicious."
- I'll find him and get us out here.
- "Be careful. These spirits are more violent and powerful than the others in the dream. Drawn from the King's strongest memories.
If you fail, we all die horrible, horrible deaths. Probably very painful. Please try to avoid that."
Speaking to him again:
- "King Jorunn is up ahead. Hurry! He needs your help."
Of Councils and Kings
- "We're still alive! I never would have guessed that would be the result of all this.
Now I need some rest. To study the Ternion monks and the Three Old Gods. Fascinating stuff. And, truth to tell, I don't want to go into any more dreams for awhile."
- Have you recovered from the Dreamstride?
- "More or less. Thanks to my training and experience. I was taught to learn, to understand. To survive.
The Skald-King has discovered these things, as well. A rare leader, Jorunn. He's a ruler who listens."
- Where did King Jorunn go?
- "To rest and hold council with his advisors, no doubt. Thanes. Ebonheart Pact leaders. Other nobles, I'm sure.
There's a large camp to the northeast. The soldiers call it Jorunn's Stand. Not far from the place called Skuldafn."
- I'll go to Jorunn's Stand.
- "Good luck on many travels, my friend. Am sure we will meet once again.
I will spend some time with these monks. Their culture is very fascinating. One wonders what one must do to become one?"