The UESPWiki – Your source for The Elder Scrolls since 1995
The Blood-Splattered Shield
He pleads from the entrance of the tower.
- "Go away! Leave us alone! I don't want to become a bloodfiend!"
He retreats into the tower, leaving you to defeat some Montclair enemies. Afterwards, he is found at the top of the tower.
- "Stop talking to me! Bad voice, go away! Mother, please help me!
We'll make you better, Mother! I promise!"
- What's wrong?
- "Quiet! The bad one will taste your words in the air.
He's coming closer. Bloodfiends accompany him... so many bloodfiends .... They want our blood!"
- Are you saying that Reezal-Jul is near?
- "I saw Reezal-Jul in a dream. It was the night Crestshade was attacked. I could feel his presence. Now I always sense him. He watches. He waits. He's... he's... he's coming for us.
Mother's worried sick about all this."
- You should come back to the camp. It's safer there.
- "No! No, no. That would be bad. I scared the others. They didn't like me. Besides, I don't want to draw Reezal-Jul to the camp.
Tell the Captain I'm sorry. I'll stay here. Maybe he'll leave the camp alone if I hide here with mother."
- Is your mother all right?
- "Mother? Mother's fine. Fine, fine, fine. I'm fine too. We're all fine here. Fine, fine, fine."
- "Mother is hungry, but it makes me a little sick to watch her eat.
Are you looking for the Captain? They dragged her into the cave. The Bad One is going to do terrible things to her."
- What kind of terrible things?
- "Reezal-Jul likes to take parts from different bodies and make entirely new creatures. That's probably what he'll do to the Captain. Or turn her into a bloodfiend.
The cave is full of vampires. Maybe you should use the secret tunnel."
- Did you see Reezal-Jul with the Captain?
- "I tried to help the Captain, but they just pushed me away. Reezal-Jul just laughed. He laughed at Mother, too. I hate hearing his voice. I hate what he's doing.
I wish... I wish I was home. We had a garden. We grew vegetables. Now it's all gone."
- [Intimidate] Secret tunnel? You need to tell me where the secret tunnel is!
- "Please! Please don't hurt me! I need to take care of Mother. I'll tell you what you want to know.
The tunnel is over there. It's small. Hard to spot. Secret. I saw Reezal-Jul come in and out of there."
- Show me where the tunnel is.
He shows you the entrance.
- "There! I helped. Mother always says I should help others. Just squeeze through there."